Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123461 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5700 on: May 19, 2013, 03:10:37 pm »

I think I'm going to go ahead and stop playing again. That just pissed me off to no end.

Edit: Oh, screw it. This game's too addicting even if it does require me to choke a random animal to death every other round just so I don't have a heart attack.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:45:22 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: May 19, 2013, 03:50:08 pm »

Every QM and HoP have their own procedures they follow. With the new changes to cargo, bureaucracy is a bigger deal than ever before.
Whoa, really? Something changed?
Does anyone ever read the paperwork yet?
...Well, a man can dream right?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: May 19, 2013, 04:14:12 pm »

Mm, that's why I RP a QM who doesn't care overmuch about paperwork. Shuttle orders get approved, stamped, and stuck in a folder unless they're clearly shady, in which case HoP (or Captain if there is no HoP) gets asked first. Autolathe orders don't need a form at all unless it's for something dangerous, like, say, some random person ordering a circular saw.

IMO Cargo exists to keep everyone else operating as efficiently and safely as possible, which is why I don't turn down requests unless they're obviously dangerous. It's also why one of my first moves as QM is always (barring having known shitcurity on station) to hack the autolathe and make an RCD-the darned things are incredibly useful tools for protecting the station from danger of all sorts, and if an engineer turns up requesting one I probably won't turn them down, as long as they don't blather about it on the radio. I'm sure there are people who enjoy all the bullshittery with endless paperwork, but neither I nor my character does, both because it's a pain and because it impedes everyone else.

Of course that doesn't mean I won't withhold a clown's order until he cleans all the damned graffiti off of the floors.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: May 19, 2013, 04:15:47 pm »

As someone who played Chemist quite often, we'd kill (and, as it was proved by Hans, we might try to) for more Large Beakers. There's a reason why Chemists are violently possessive of the damn things, it's much easier to work with a Large one than the measly 50u standard ones you normally get.

This. Just this. Those things make life so much easier.

I got backstabbed by an incredibly mean surgeon.
I had appendicitis, as I found out by throwing up all over the nice new wooden floor in escape. I went to the medbay to get it sorted out and the CMO took me into surgery. I stripped and waited to be put on the operating table. I got anaesthetic on and surgery happened. When I woke up I was alone in the surgery room. I still had appendicitis. Except that now I was a woman. I hacked my way out of the room, but still.
Not cool yo.

There's my giggle for the day.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: May 19, 2013, 04:20:41 pm »

Does anyone go into surgery/cloning not expecting to be genderswapped these days?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: May 19, 2013, 04:24:07 pm »

That's why I only trust ghetto surgeons. They might be crude, and you might be kinda hurt after all is said and done, but they do the job you want them to.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: May 19, 2013, 04:43:41 pm »

Does anyone go into surgery/cloning not expecting to be genderswapped these days?
I expected that at least the appendicitis would be fixed. But I got just gender reassignment surgery. And locked in the surgery room.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: May 19, 2013, 04:55:56 pm »

I got backstabbed by an incredibly mean surgeon.
I had appendicitis, as I found out by throwing up all over the nice new wooden floor in escape. I went to the medbay to get it sorted out and the CMO took me into surgery. I stripped and waited to be put on the operating table. I got anaesthetic on and surgery happened. When I woke up I was alone in the surgery room. I still had appendicitis. Except that now I was a woman. I hacked my way out of the room, but still.
Not cool yo.

That was me. In fairness, since I was a traitor, I could have just simply killed you instead.
Also, I'm sure I removed your appendix. If you were still vomiting (blood) afterwards - it was due to the disease I was spreading around.
(a>b) ? false : true

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: May 19, 2013, 05:05:33 pm »

Every QM and HoP have their own procedures they follow. With the new changes to cargo, bureaucracy is a bigger deal than ever before.
Whoa, really? Something changed?
Does anyone ever read the paperwork yet?
...Well, a man can dream right?

There are errors now. If you correctly spot them and stamp denied on the manifest you recoup much of the points. If you incorrectly stamp you get penalized heavily.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: May 19, 2013, 05:46:10 pm »

There are errors now. If you correctly spot them and stamp denied on the manifest you recoup much of the points. If you incorrectly stamp you get penalized heavily.
Haha, so a cheeky miner or tech can steal the denied stamp and really get their griffon!

I'd love to see a screenshot of a successfully hidden denied stamp. Bonus points if a Cargo Tech gets it implanted into his chest cavity.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: May 19, 2013, 05:47:36 pm »

Haha, so a cheeky miner or tech can steal the denied stamp and really get their griffon!

I'd love to see a screenshot of a successfully hidden denied stamp. Bonus points if a Cargo Tech gets it implanted into his chest cavity.

You can use the stamp to get a Redcoat Jumpsuit. Jus' saying.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: May 19, 2013, 05:49:17 pm »

How's that?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: May 19, 2013, 06:20:27 pm »

How's that?

O_o I though everyone already knew...

The method is the same as for Crayons, you take a Stamp and wash it with a piece of clothing (usually jumpsuit, but caps and gloves work too, usually) and get a brand new dodgy-colored jumpsuit. If, for example, you stole Captain's Stamp, you could make Captain's Gloves, Jumpsuit and maybe Cap.

Some stamps, e.g. legal stamp, only give you a Cargo Tech jumpsuit, however.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: May 19, 2013, 06:26:21 pm »

Would that pass for a traitor steal objective?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: May 19, 2013, 06:40:00 pm »

Would that pass for a traitor steal objective?
No.
It has been tried on a server I play on.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1654