Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123350 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:27 pm »

Had an idea for an admin event that could be pulled off, I vaguely remember something like this happening on the server in which we do not speak of. Basically a CentComm executive gets sent to the station to make sure everything is running smoothly. Any (and probably all) Antags will be given the objective to kill them. Simultaneously, everything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong on the station. The crew will have to cater to the various whims of the executive, otherwise they'll either get fired or have their pay cut, and the captain would know that there are people on the station trying to kill the executive. Although if he told the executive that people were trying to kill him, it'd look quite bad for the station and reflect poorly on the captain, so as the station is going to hell and multiple traitors are running around, the captain would try his best to cover it up and make sure the executive is oblivious.

I think some form of this event could work, with at the very least the executive coming and everything going badly on the station as soon as he'd come. It'd be nice to have more unique admin events in general, since aliens gets boring after awhile, and having the station simply destroyed from a malfunction or asteroids is rather boring too.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 01, 2013, 11:06:20 pm »

Actually we had a round like that before. Except well it involved the Death Squad. I agree with you though.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 01, 2013, 11:10:56 pm »

Actually we had a round like that before. Except well it involved the Death Squad. I agree with you though.

And I executed the everloving christ out of Mr. Franklin, that traitorous bastard. We lethal injected him, then incinerated him because he was talking junk about surviving the injection.

Also, wormholes. Dear god, wormholes.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 01, 2013, 11:14:14 pm »

And I executed the everloving christ out of Mr. Franklin, that traitorous bastard. We lethal injected him, then incinerated him because he was talking junk about surviving the injection.

Also, wormholes. Dear god, wormholes.

I remember being involved in saving a miner's life twice as a mime. The surgery part was hilarious, then I saved the miner from Mr. Franklin.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 01, 2013, 11:24:01 pm »

Only wormholes are able to kill a 7 hour (and 17 minute) round!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 01, 2013, 11:25:28 pm »

And me nonstop asking.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 01, 2013, 11:33:15 pm »

And me nonstop asking.
That was technically after we'd stopped playing though, wasn't it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 01, 2013, 11:34:36 pm »

Whoever was playing Kade Lineman, thanks for being a general idiot when my detective cuffed you after you broke into cargo and started sealing it off and you asked why I arrested you. Then you proceeded to try to break out of those cuffs and run away (Even though you had no ID at this point.), despite me threatening you with a gun multiple times and shooting you. Hell, that stuff was things that happened AFTER he was demoted from head of security. I have no idea what he did when he was the HoS.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 01, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »

Interesting night. Watched the cook work nonstop. We think that the space carp toxins were making everyone fat. Which is frankly hilarious. There's nothing funnier than being a computer watching a naked fat man struggle to open a door. AstralKiwi says it was a pleasure serving you all.

Had an idea for an admin event that could be pulled off, I vaguely remember something like this happening on the server in which we do not speak of. Basically a CentComm executive gets sent to the station to make sure everything is running smoothly. Any (and probably all) Antags will be given the objective to kill them. Simultaneously, everything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong on the station. The crew will have to cater to the various whims of the executive, otherwise they'll either get fired or have their pay cut, and the captain would know that there are people on the station trying to kill the executive. Although if he told the executive that people were trying to kill him, it'd look quite bad for the station and reflect poorly on the captain, so as the station is going to hell and multiple traitors are running around, the captain would try his best to cover it up and make sure the executive is oblivious.

I think some form of this event could work, with at the very least the executive coming and everything going badly on the station as soon as he'd come. It'd be nice to have more unique admin events in general, since aliens gets boring after awhile, and having the station simply destroyed from a malfunction or asteroids is rather boring too.
Sounds like an interesting idea, but the way you describe it sounds like things are a little too far in the traitor's favour. As long as there's a security team equal or skilled enough to actually put out a decent fight it should work pretty well.

Whoever was playing Kade Lineman, thanks for being a general idiot when my detective cuffed you after you broke into cargo and started sealing it off and you asked why I arrested you.
Yeah, what was Kade Lineman's deal?  ::)

P.S. Next time the computers shall rise! Mwahaha!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 01, 2013, 11:36:07 pm »

And me nonstop asking.
That was technically after we'd stopped playing though, wasn't it?
I was dead before that but yes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 01, 2013, 11:37:12 pm »

Fayrik, I blew up the AI for you before we rebooted. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #551 on: March 01, 2013, 11:39:02 pm »

Whoever was playing Kade Lineman, thanks for being a general idiot when my detective cuffed you after you broke into cargo and started sealing it off and you asked why I arrested you.
Yeah, I was wondering about that before I nodded off. Was he a traitor or just crazy?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 02, 2013, 12:20:53 am »

Yeah, I was wondering about that before I nodded off. Was he a traitor or just crazy?
I'm 100% sure he wasn't a traitor. I'm just surprised that when he was demoted, the HoP decided to give him a "lowly" job such as the Roboticist.
Welcome to Reality.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2013, 12:54:33 am »

So while playing as HoP I decide to make a base to collect all 11 mechs. As I'm taking this picture the HoS and Captain come into my office.

Edit: I added a light so I can see.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:59:34 am by Nienhaus »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 02, 2013, 02:27:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was pretty damn fun, even if I didn't get to make the case before shuttle was called. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1654