Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123432 times)

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #525 on: March 01, 2013, 01:39:46 pm »

This round was fun. The parrots were infesting the station and they spaced people out of escape pods.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 01, 2013, 01:48:13 pm »

This round was fun. The parrots were infesting the station and they spaced people out of escape pods.

And I possessed a purple slime and killed 3 people as it and made lots of babies.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 01, 2013, 01:58:31 pm »

People, if you're an engineer, ASK IF THERE'S A CE.

COMMUNICATE WITH HIM.

DON'T START RANDOMLY DOING STUFF WITHOUT ASKING HIM.
LIKE FLOODING SECURE STORAGE WITH PLASMA.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 01, 2013, 02:25:38 pm »

So, considering all that, you did pretty damn good. You actually HURT your target. Fairly badly. But really. You beat me bloody and took off my backpack and headset, but failed to take my gun. My Captain's Antique Laser Pistol. The only gun that recharges. That thing saved my freaking life.
Yeah. I'd thought you put it in your backpack for some reason. Remind me to pull off your over armor next time...

I had the Antique pistol on my over armor, and two energy guns in my back pack, as well as the syringe gun w/ Chloral Hydrate from earlier. Every time I play Captain, I am a walking armory. 2+ guns, tool belt full of all the tools, insulated gloves, all access pass, best armor on station, and usually I stuff the bridge medkit into my backpack too, because what else does that walking tank need but the ability to heal himself? Really what you should have done was start choking me. Once you get the choke thing to kill, it's impossible to break out of it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 01, 2013, 03:04:41 pm »

COMMUNICATE WITH HIM.

Leaking plasma isn't dangerous, you just need a few portable air scrubbers. Well, four or five. And a suit. And a little luck.

Also don't have a filled plasma tank in your hand when you switch on your internals.

Just trust me.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 01, 2013, 03:11:22 pm »

We are having a robusting thunderdome tournament.

Sadly I have to go.

Its 22:10 here.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 01, 2013, 03:12:36 pm »

COMMUNICATE WITH HIM.

Leaking plasma isn't dangerous, you just need a few portable air scrubbers. Well, four or five. And a suit. And a little luck.

Also don't have a filled plasma tank in your hand when you switch on your internals.

Just trust me.
It's not so much about the plasma as it is the massive error in judgement, and assumption of responsibility.
If you're not the chief engineer, you're not the one who's responsible for the task. Unless the CE tells you otherwise.

This actually goes for any department. Listen to the heads of department people!

Also, all these different game modes are starting to annoy me slightly. A quirk or two can be fun, but at this rate I'm just not getting to explore the ship and the many different roles available.

And Hans, I've been playing Captain today. Now I intend to try AI. It'd be good if I could try that out with a bad ass captain to boot. If you get what I'm hinting at.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 01, 2013, 03:18:34 pm »

Indeed. As soon as we get out of this Thunderdome nonsense. It looked like it was going to be fun, then the round started before I was even fully equipped so, eh. Not as much fun when I don't know what's going on-then-suddenly-death.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 01, 2013, 03:42:08 pm »

Thunderdome is pretty broken if it doesn't have some gimmick, assuming it's anything like the older versions. Heavy armor and lightsabers, right? It's basically a contest of who can hit the other players in the head with a sword first, because once you're down you die in a few hits. Man vs carp is a good way to spice it up.

By the way, another tip: "*deathgasp" feigns death by showing the same message that appears when you die. Unaware players will just assume you're dead once that message shows up. They could just examine you to see you're still alive, but I rarely see anyone bother. Could kinda be considered metagaming, but then why would it be in the game?

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2013, 03:45:23 pm »

Not really. The thunderdome failed majorly at first, but when ZoomZoll left, I decided that everyone will remove their armor and weapon and fight bare fisted. Everyone fought and at the end there was an epic 1 v 1 between me and Pete Grifford. Thunderdome is good if it's bare-fisted, but I don't believe lasers are good.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2013, 03:50:35 pm »

Never mind.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:54:28 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2013, 03:51:23 pm »

Not really. The thunderdome failed majorly at first, but when ZoomZoll left, I decided that everyone will remove their armor and weapon and fight bare fisted. Everyone fought and at the end there was an epic 1 v 1 between me and Pete Grifford. Thunderdome is good if it's bare-fisted, but I don't believe lasers are good.

Yeah, that's what I meant by gimmick. :P There are lots of ways to make it interesting. I was in a match where everyone used a mech, it was pretty awesome.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2013, 06:20:42 pm »

I enjoyed my two rounds as traitor today (CE and RD). As CE I had to steal the RCD and as RD I had Free Objective. So what I wound up doing was buying the fun box you can get for 10 telecrystals. As RD I got the red spacesuit and helm, two bombs, and a power sink. My two bombings failed, however, since the two explosions didn't do jack (first was to sever the solars close to engineering from the station, second was to destroy an emitter). When they failed, I tied down a power sink by the South-East solars and went into Xeno. If you were playing this round, you know what happened next.

I go to the slimes and, with my objective being "Free Objective", I went and "free"d a slime. It latched onto me and I ran far enough into the station to mess up a lot of peoples days.

As CE I had a box of EMP grenades and a revolver from hitting random item. After setting up the engine and charging the solars I went and grabbed the RCD. Then I figured hey, I should have some fun! So I decided that this character wanted only to be the top dog on the station. He felt that those ranked above him were a danger and so he sought to protect his property. When he heard the news of a Captain on-board, he hunted him down and fired four shots at him. He circled around later and cleaned up the crime scene with some Syndie Soap and chatted with the Lawyer. He then went with a Scientist to call the shuttle (this round had a random 1x1 singularity appear in the bar, and things just went downhill) and, when unknowingly affected by radiation, thought that the man may have been a changeling (the memo from Nanotrasen spoke of both high-ranking traitors and Changelings. Which of course was taken and kept on his person at all times). Once that little issue was fixed the other guy informed him that there was a friggin space lizard being a douche. We helped each other out in our times of inability to walk, and I like to think I did a good job as a traitor who wasn't totally bloodthirsty as the world was restarted right about then.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 01, 2013, 08:45:09 pm »

Which team got the most kills on Thunderdome? I died in the first round.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 01, 2013, 09:36:47 pm »

this round is approaching 6 hours... and there doesn't seem to be an event in sight to force evacuation.
the ultimate extended round.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 1654