Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124523 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5205 on: May 12, 2013, 10:16:01 pm »

That round was too fun... I JUST WANTED TO SELL MY WAREZ. And it turned into a personal war for the life of Lillian with the captain. In the end, a team of Axl and I managed to save her.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: May 12, 2013, 10:31:37 pm »

That round was too fun... I JUST WANTED TO SELL MY WAREZ. And it turned into a personal war for the life of Lillian with the captain. In the end, a team of Axl and I managed to save her.

No joke. I insulted Penrose continuously, and at one point, incapacitated the Captain in the Maintenance tunnels with a BAR OF SOAP. I'M A FUCKING BADASS YO.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: May 12, 2013, 10:33:08 pm »

With a gun the HoS gave me, a stun baton sitting outside robotics maintenance (while searching for Lillian after she teleported out of the brig), and the cuffs from the shady man, the captain was captured after chasing me and the shady man through maintenance with a cuffed Lillian in tow.

I was really wondering why nobody arrested me. Even the captain stopped caring. I walked to the brig and sat there for a long time, in full view of the captain. I think he really believed my lie about the shady man being too unstable for a cyborg, but was still pretty pissed.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: May 12, 2013, 10:52:57 pm »

I just can't win. Stun someone? They scream assault and bloody murder and three people rush in to help them and beat my face in. Try to arrest people with massive lethal arsenals who damage the station and are a serious threat to the crew? Crew go out of their way to free them and imprison you. Try to deal with maximum crime prisoners in a way that still lets them have fun? Nobody ever cooperates and go out of their way to foil everything you do.

Every. Single. Shift.

No more Nice Guy/Girl. No more chances. No more mercy. I WILL protect this station from itself at all costs.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: May 12, 2013, 10:57:13 pm »

I WILL protect this station from itself at all costs, and die trying.

There, fixed it for ya.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: May 12, 2013, 11:06:56 pm »

I just can't win. Stun someone? They scream assault and bloody murder and three people rush in to help them and beat my face in. Try to arrest people with massive lethal arsenals who damage the station and are a serious threat to the crew? Crew go out of their way to free them and imprison you. Try to deal with maximum crime prisoners in a way that still lets them have fun? Nobody ever cooperates and go out of their way to foil everything you do.

Every. Single. Shift.

No more Nice Guy/Girl. No more chances. No more mercy. I WILL protect this station from itself at all costs.

This is why I never play security. Too many people go out of their way to bitch about you not doing your job "properly" as security, and then some people start bitching about too little security when they get their asses handed to them by antags.
Also often called Boowells.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:06 pm »

Aww sheet. I suddenly feel that playing an antag while Kaitol is on the job will be a lot harder.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: May 12, 2013, 11:24:45 pm »

HoP Spike abandons post to go garden and cook. Borscht was made. QM wants to be HoP. There is no Captain and I tell him he's not ambitious enough if he's only going for HoP. Singularity eats station and Ian and later me. Anastasia is the hero of the hour for pulling me to temporary safety and performing CPR before the singu eats the shuttle. Anastasia will have to wait for the next shift before leaving the station.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: May 12, 2013, 11:25:22 pm »

Every. Single. Shift.

This is why I never play security. Too many people go out of their way to bitch about you not doing your job "properly" as security, and then some people start bitching about too little security when they get their asses handed to them by antags.
You really just needa wade through the people calling you shitcurity and screaming in ooc bloody murder about you till the round ends.  Then you get to laugh at them all when you are right.  Seriously if I've managed to capture 3 of the 5 antags with my trusty warden and detective, and I'm the only one on prison duty while the other two track the last two antags, please don't scream in OOC about me leaving you in lockdown while sec figures out what the fuck is happening.
Nom nom nom

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: May 12, 2013, 11:28:16 pm »

My favorite was me calling Werty in ((OOC in IC)) on being an OBVIOUS antag, and him and Scrdest saying it was meta of me.

No, I walked in on you freeing the badguy, recaptured the badguy, and only didn't capture you too because I had enough to deal with at the moment.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: May 13, 2013, 12:22:15 am »

The funny thing is, when I first made Kaarina, I intended her to be a closet sadist, and generally a cruel person. But I let my general good nature and desire for fun leak too much into the character, so she turned into a hard but fair hardass.

Thats all over now.

If I didn't fear the code so much, I would totally code in a Rule of Law whip and stick in the HoS's office. Make it moderately robust. Not good enough to really be a choice combat weapon. But more than good enough to beat a prisoner within an inch of their life.

Also. Chasing people through pitch black maintenance tunnels makes soap and banana peels surprisingly robust without proper lighting equipment. ((although you totally tripped yourself too and I would have been fine if I'd picked up my gun instead of going for the baton in my pack))

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: May 13, 2013, 12:43:04 am »

Welp, that was interesting. Got my objective given to me a second time, and this time I didn't have a fucking AI loudmouth to tell when I set the station up for shuttle call.
Nothing important here, move along.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: May 13, 2013, 03:49:18 am »

My favorite was me calling Werty in ((OOC in IC)) on being an OBVIOUS antag, and him and Scrdest saying it was meta of me.

No, I walked in on you freeing the badguy, recaptured the badguy, and only didn't capture you too because I had enough to deal with at the moment.

Agreed, in hindsight. Although Captain almost failed his objective in a most stupid way possible, by sitting in the shuttle Brig.

Also, I am a big damn derp. The entire reason why I was captured was me failing at uploading laws. I needlessly hacked into AI Chamber, which got me stunned and trapped.

The next round was pretty interesting to antag, too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:34:04 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: May 13, 2013, 08:23:26 am »

With a gun the HoS gave me, a stun baton sitting outside robotics maintenance (while searching for Lillian after she teleported out of the brig), and the cuffs from the shady man, the captain was captured after chasing me and the shady man through maintenance with a cuffed Lillian in tow.

I was really wondering why nobody arrested me. Even the captain stopped caring. I walked to the brig and sat there for a long time, in full view of the captain. I think he really believed my lie about the shady man being too unstable for a cyborg, but was still pretty pissed.

That was a frustrating round for me as CE.  I had Lillian insulting me the whole time (which made for some funny RP).  The captain could not make up his mind about whether axl and/or lillian should or shouldn't be arrested.  The HoS was apparently a traitor, which only made the captain's lack of decision making skills worse.  While chasing the shady man in a maint tunnel, he seeminly dissapeared.  Axl's army of security bots kept stunning and cuffing me because I was carrying a stunprod.

From my point of view, based mostly on what I heard over the radio, lillian attacked the captain, and axl protected her, and both should have been arrested.  If the captain had just said that, it would have been done.    I can't stand when a captain or HoS just won't make a decision.  When the prisoner in the orange jumpsuit is filling in the heads of staff on what happened, you know the situation's out of control.  The HoS had a good reason, of course, as a traitor.  I guess the captain was just inexperienced.

So in the end, all I could do was stun and cuff lillian for insulting me so much, then walk away shaking my head.  The captain's most important job is communicating to the crew.  And when the captain makes a decision, he really has to stick to it, unless he finds out he was completely wrong about something.

Oh well. On another note, the increased amount of antags has overall been a really good change.  Rounds tend to end after an hour or so, and I've had quite a few exciting rounds as non-antag CE.  It's pretty fun fixing all the damage the antags are doing to the station, keeping power up while they do everything they can to screw it up, and even catching the occasional traitor. 

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: May 13, 2013, 10:35:05 am »

From my point of view, based mostly on what I heard over the radio, lillian attacked the captain, and axl protected her, and both should have been arrested.
I did this towards the end, right before the shuttle docked, when I stunned and cuffed the captain. Before that, my only crime was refusing to borgify the shady man and housing him in robotics, which is what originally sent out the warrant for my arrest that nobody pursued. In return for not making him into an immortal machine slaved to our smartass AI, he gave me no-slip syndie shoes which I never found a use for. I did rather little to help Lillian or the shady man, actually, aside from those two things.

Once, I saw two unknowns standing two tiles from each other on the crew monitor. One was in the prison wing, the other in space. Presumably, Lillian was in the prison wing and the shady man was floating outside in a suit. I also was present when the HoS gave Lillian the hand teleporter, since by then we were pretty clearly on the same side.

Other, non-conspiracy achievements include building six medibots, three ED-209s, and a securitron.

Oh, yeah, and one time you said I'm always suspicious. That might be true, but you are too. I've yet to search you and not find a stunprod (or stungloves, when they existed) and cable restraints. :P
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 1654