Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124902 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5055 on: May 09, 2013, 03:44:44 pm »

Thanks a fucking lot changelings. Nice killing AFK people there. And it's not just me who was AFK-absorbed. Tell me when the round is over.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: May 09, 2013, 03:44:57 pm »

I think the only thing that security can't start out as is rev, probably cult too.

If you're willing to take the time to cut a sec officer open and pull out their loyalty implant, though, they can be anything, although anyone paying enough attention with their HUDglasses will be able to tell they've been de-chipped.
Nothing important here, move along.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: May 09, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »

BREAKING NEWS: I'M A DUMBASS! More on this later.

EDIT:Okie, so I grab the fucking handheld tele. I OPEN A FUCKING PORTAL TO SPACE BY ACCIDENT AND FUCKING FALL IN. WHOOPEE, FIRST ROUND AS LING? KILL SELF WITH TELE.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:21:27 pm by rabidgam3r »
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: May 09, 2013, 04:19:54 pm »

Why do the escape pods go to a separate place from the shuttle, anyway?
Nothing important here, move along.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: May 09, 2013, 04:20:19 pm »

Thanks a fucking lot changelings. Nice killing AFK people there. And it's not just me who was AFK-absorbed. Tell me when the round is over.
The round is over.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: May 09, 2013, 04:21:50 pm »

I think the only thing that security can't start out as is rev, probably cult too.

If you're willing to take the time to cut a sec officer open and pull out their loyalty implant, though, they can be anything, although anyone paying enough attention with their HUDglasses will be able to tell they've been de-chipped.
The only people not eligible for cultist are officers, HoS, and captain due to their implants. In rev, all officers and heads can't be rev heads for obvious reasons. Rip out the officer's implants and they're perfectly valid targets, though the HUDglasses issue still exists.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: May 09, 2013, 04:38:57 pm »

People were fucking packed into the pod, and we tried to throw the clown out. Cue everyone but me sliding out into space and dying.

We? We?! We nothing.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: May 09, 2013, 05:02:24 pm »

People were fucking packed into the pod, and we tried to throw the clown out. Cue everyone but me sliding out into space and dying.

We? We?! We nothing.
Alright. Me. I tried it. Forgot one vital thing about space:
PRESSURIZED CONTAINER EXPOSED TO VACUUM MAKES SHIT INSIDE CONTAINER GO WHEEEEE
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: May 09, 2013, 05:09:43 pm »

Sorry, bit late to the discussion, but...

For the record, the list I was given once was; EVA, Teleporter, AI Upload, Engineering Secure Storage, and Tech Storage.
Can engineering secure storage even *be* bolted? I hope not, as doing so handicaps the entire station, at least if done at the start of the round.

Really I don't understand where this "AI's should bolt stuff" idea came from in the first place. When I first joined the server it was unheard of. Then one AI started doing it semi-regularly, and another captain (may vacuum e'er be her resting place) ordered other AIs to do the same. Now everyone does it. And it's a constant PIA.

If I have access to one of these locations, it means accessing that area is part of my job and I should be able to do so without an AI that can't into channels-other-than-general questioning my actions or announcing them to the station just because some motion alarm in EVA went off.

AI Upload is understandable, but the rest shouldn't be bolted without orders from the Captain or a head over that department. IMHO.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:14:36 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: May 09, 2013, 06:34:27 pm »

and really anyone who shouldn't be in there but wants to be, wouldn't have much trouble getting past a bolt.  Hell cutting down the wall only takes 15 seconds or so.
Nom nom nom

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: May 09, 2013, 06:41:19 pm »

Personally, I'm so new to the game that I've never even been in EVA, or any other high-security places, but I think that a pre-emptive bolt does sound pretty stupid, particularly with what people are saying about how limited the access is, if you bolted down every place that needed specific access, imagine the CMO having to ask the AI to politly unbolt the room for surgery when someone is bleeding out of thier eyes and ears.

And if you think that EVA is a far more dangerous place than that, think about it, you can go just about anywhere on the ship and find something that you can use to brutally maim and murder people, and numorous airlocks that you can space people with.

How hard is it to space someone? Pretty easy, it happens in practically every round.

How hard is it to retrieve someone from space? Pretty freaking hard, and that's even if you don't have some paranoid AI that bolted EVA already.

But like I said, I'm a noob, so what do I know?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: May 09, 2013, 06:49:06 pm »

The round that would not end...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: May 09, 2013, 07:03:25 pm »

Actually, shouldn't you be able to just order crates of space suits? How come we can't just do that? Sure would solve a lot.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: May 09, 2013, 07:05:40 pm »

The round went from 'Well ok, rev round' to 'GODDAMNIT, WHO ELECTRIFIED ALL THE FUCKING DOORS IN MINING!' to 'Finally, its over'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:14 pm »

Wow, that was a bit silly. Was the CMO, killed, turned into a monkey, killed, turned into a golem, flashed randomly in the hallway by a Revhead, and then killed by the Captain when I tried to stab him with a spear.

Golems in general seem kind of poorly implemented. You're basically just a guy in a suit that can't be taken off, so you have to breathe and slimes can give you uncurable genetic deformities.

EDIT: And what's the proper way to resolve a conflict between a Golem's directive to serve its master and becoming a revolutionary?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:11:32 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 1654