Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125852 times)

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4485 on: April 28, 2013, 04:23:10 am »

Oh, nevermind. Thought it was outdated. I've joined and now learning the game.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: April 28, 2013, 06:31:43 am »

The SEC-cyborg last made my sides split. He interrogated a plant, about it's whereabouts at noon or midnight, the precise time he was unsure of.
Then I was activated as a PAI, and then stuck into someone. It was kinda wierd.

Then the next round, I had a directive of checkmating other chessplayers. Oh, admins.

That was me who gave you that directive.

For the context, a couple of traitors were talking about how they had 'checkmated' each other.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: April 28, 2013, 07:23:28 am »

snip
Know what's funny? If you shove scrdest in a jacket, he rages over ooc. Yet he does it to other people.

Check your fucking facts. I do not, and did not, shove anyone in any fucking straightjacket as a matter of principle. So if you are going to slander my further, at least make it semi-believable.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: April 28, 2013, 07:27:25 am »

I think the AI shouldn't be able to acces the telecomms computer. It makes comms scripts almost worthless, since somebody can just say "AI, wipe all telecomms scripts." and have them be gone.

Altough I guess this only applies to scripts like the HONK script or a script that replaces captain with "soft cunt" and not to stealthy scripts like the anonymous script. But still.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: April 28, 2013, 07:37:30 am »

The guy who played the CMO earlier today needs to learn that he can't ignore space law. I mean, he broke into teleporter, to get into the captains office, and then killed a guy who flashed him! During his short trial, I confronted him about a Detomax cartridge found on his PDA and he just laughed saying how fun it was. In the end I had no choice but to sentence him to flogging and borging.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: April 28, 2013, 07:48:54 am »

Wasn't he the traitor?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: April 28, 2013, 07:52:39 am »

The guy who played the CMO earlier today needs to learn that he can't ignore space law. I mean, he broke into teleporter, to get into the captains office, and then killed a guy who flashed him! During his short trial, I confronted him about a Detomax cartridge found on his PDA and he just laughed saying how fun it was. In the end I had no choice but to sentence him to flogging and borging.

Given that he had a Detomatix, he was a traitor, unless a traitor somehow gave him one. Murderous traitors aren't the best sort, but it's excusable.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: April 28, 2013, 08:00:55 am »

Given that he had a Detomatix, he was a traitor, unless a traitor somehow gave him one. Murderous traitors aren't the best sort, but it's excusable.
It's just that it almost felt that he was roleplaying an idiot. He couldn't seem to understand that killing someone is against the law. When he was at trial he just didn't get that.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: April 28, 2013, 08:05:41 am »

It's just that it almost felt that he was roleplaying an idiot. He couldn't seem to understand that killing someone is against the law. When he was at trial he just didn't get that.

Poe's Law in action, huh? I sincerely hope it wasn't Asa again :\. Sorry if I sound aggressive, but the trespassing incident left a bad taste.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: April 28, 2013, 08:41:53 am »

guess what?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Being hurt = Waltz into Medbay instead of waiting in Lobby. No just no. Also what's with the namecalling? I haven't even insulted you yet you're calling me retarded, stupid. Seriously? Come back and argue with me once you calm down and get a decent level of maturity.

There used to be a way to rig up a suicide bomb vest, but nobody ever used it because it required body armor and it was easier to just run up to the person you wanted to kill bomb in hand or something.
Wait can we still make bomb vests? IIRC they were removed.
Think fast, act faster.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: April 28, 2013, 08:54:05 am »

I actually quite like 4 traitors with 10 people. For me, it seems that the low-pop rounds are more exciting with more traitors and it makes the rounds quicker to play out too.

As for the Asa thing - I wasn't on that round so I have no opinion on the incident, but can you guys all just let it go?
If it's temporary anger then that's something that's bound to happen from time to time in a game like SS13 where players come into direct conflict with each other. It's not a good thing, but enough time
has passed that everyone should have a cool head now. Give the other guy the benefit of the doubt that they thought they were acting appropriately and put any bad feelings to one side.
If there's an actual issue between two specific players then it's one to be dealt with by adminhelp or PMs to admins rather than posts on a public forum. It's difficult when emotions are running high, but my recent approach has been to write out a long angry post, save it to a text document and wait at least 24 hours before submitting it. After the wait, even if I am still convinced I was in the right, I always feel my angry post was unnecessary and just going to cause trouble, so I delete it.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: April 28, 2013, 09:00:38 am »

I actually quite like 4 traitors with 10 people. For me, it seems that the low-pop rounds are more exciting with more traitors and it makes the rounds quicker to play out too.

As for the Asa thing - I wasn't on that round so I have no opinion on the incident, but can you guys all just let it go?
If it's temporary anger then that's something that's bound to happen from time to time in a game like SS13 where players come into direct conflict with each other. It's not a good thing, but enough time
has passed that everyone should have a cool head now. Give the other guy the benefit of the doubt that they thought they were acting appropriately and put any bad feelings to one side.
If there's an actual issue between two specific players then it's one to be dealt with by adminhelp or PMs to admins rather than posts on a public forum. It's difficult when emotions are running high, but my recent approach has been to write out a long angry post, save it to a text document and wait at least 24 hours before submitting it. After the wait, even if I am still convinced I was in the right, I always feel my angry post was unnecessary and just going to cause trouble, so I delete it.

Hey, you. I think you're fantastic.

Yeah, guys, this kinda needs to be muffled a little bit. At least take it to PM or ingame. We don't want this thread getting locked again, because I swear to you, this is going to be the last thread of SS13 ever.
Also often called Boowells.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: April 28, 2013, 09:01:43 am »

"This wounded guy went into medbay without asking me"
"Better shot him"

It's like America made a space statio-- oh

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: April 28, 2013, 09:04:45 am »

"This wounded guy went into medbay without asking me"
"Better shot him"

It's like America made a space statio-- oh

Well, Nanotrasen very much is a product of capitalism, yeah?
Also often called Boowells.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: April 28, 2013, 09:10:34 am »

I think the AI shouldn't be able to acces the telecomms computer. It makes comms scripts almost worthless, since somebody can just say "AI, wipe all telecomms scripts." and have them be gone.
Well, Unless the AI is a 'traitor' it can't force the password(AFAIK) so the AI needs to ask the CE or get his borg to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1654