Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124888 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3915 on: April 18, 2013, 06:02:14 pm »

I'd love to see the thermo engine at work.  And aren't you an admin, Glloyd?

Why yes, yes I am. Also a coder/mapper, so I feel like given some time I could hack this thing together

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: April 18, 2013, 06:02:56 pm »

Can I get a server ban until 27/28 May?

I really don't have the time to spare atm, and this game really chews up my time once I start :p

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 18, 2013, 06:03:31 pm »

In fact, it would be nice if the thermal engine equipment could be researched in R&D and built without needing the admins spawning it in. It would give the engineers something to do, converting the singularity section to a furnace and space loop so that the thermal engine would work, and it would give the crew an option that provides better power than solars and better safety than the singularity.
Nothing important here, move along.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 18, 2013, 07:39:41 pm »

I put the thermoelectric generator into practice on my own server, and it actually worked. Again, you need to spawn the 2 circulators and the actual generator, but if you get a proper cold loop and hot loop going, it *should* work.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 18, 2013, 08:00:11 pm »

I personally always liked the thermal engine more. It's a bit slower to start, but I always thought it was easy enough and it's a lot less likely to fuck up and leave the station powerless and under threat.
Right. The singularity feels like a "Call the shuttle!" button.
Which is why the singularity is better.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: April 18, 2013, 09:11:50 pm »

Also, the best rounds:
Wait.  If you're antag, do nothing.  The longer you wait, the more frequent events become.  Suddenly, space carp, spiders, ion storms, and diseases all in 5 minutes.  It turns into quite brutal survival!  In fact, it killed us all.

I suggest we actually play this sometime.  Objective: Survive.  Fortify medical + hydroponics into a fortress of anti-carp!  Make excursions into Cargonia for metals to rebuild mechs and repairs.  Could get quite brutal.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:46 pm »

We spawned half of the events, because antags weren't doing jack-shit.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: April 18, 2013, 09:18:04 pm »

I escaped prison. With wormholes. I was in space, in a prison jumpsuit, but I got into another wormhole. I am a SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: April 18, 2013, 09:19:11 pm »

I suggest we actually play this sometime.  Objective: Survive.  Fortify medical + hydroponics into a fortress of anti-carp!  Make excursions into Cargonia for metals to rebuild mechs and repairs.  Could get quite brutal.

Build all the turrets.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: April 18, 2013, 09:19:42 pm »

Eh... the lag would probably start killing us before the Carp did. They're quite fragile, after all. Now if it was spiders things might be harder, since the purple-eyed ones have HP like a !#@$%...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: April 18, 2013, 09:21:36 pm »

Carp and spiders everywhere. I just got out of cryo, take the HoP's ID, and go to security to board the pod.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: April 18, 2013, 09:56:42 pm »

Carp and spiders everywhere. I just got out of cryo, take the HoP's ID, and go to security to board the pod.
It can be startling how fast things can turn to shit and you're suddenly running down a hallway firing shotguns behind you as you try to avoid exploding windows.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: April 18, 2013, 10:52:43 pm »

Anyway, I was the one who bombed those two scientists. I was strangling Alison and about to leave the bomb on her when the other guy comes in and doesn't believe my story. I said she came at me with a bomb, but there was no plasma fire... I flashed and strangled him too, then left them on a bomb. I went on with my normal business afterwards, apparently nobody being suspicious. I got to borg the clown, though!

I walk into medbay and Hector yells "Oh god!" at me. I was about to run like hell, but then he adds on "Donuts!" I give him my donuts and go on walking around. I was offered a sex change by Daniel, then I just made small talk with Hector before going to bed.

I had bought a syndie bundle when the round started. A space suit, two bombs, and a power sink. I wired a line to the secret ushanka room and laid the power sink there, then went and used a bomb on the scientists. I hid the rest of the bundle and Alison's ID in the locker room toilets. Gotta love those things.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:55:52 pm by Jacob/Lee »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: April 18, 2013, 10:55:32 pm »

Ah. I believe I walked into that, but she didn't say anything while I was there so I assumed that nothing was wrong. Besides, I had more important things to do. Like hold a incomprehensible and drunken sermon with the clown.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: April 18, 2013, 11:17:44 pm »

Ah. I believe I walked into that, but she didn't say anything while I was there so I assumed that nothing was wrong. Besides, I had more important things to do. Like hold a incomprehensible and drunken sermon with the clown.

It was quite awesome. Also, I got Borged... In a Traitor AI round. There were no survivors.

Fun fact: Once, as a Security Borg, I managed to hit Nar-Sie with my Stun baton. That's right, I fucking punched Space Cthulhu.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1654