Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124516 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3765 on: April 16, 2013, 01:27:15 pm »

A revolution lives or dies by the supply department.  If you can get revs into supply, you only need one weapon to get your crates.  Of course, one of the first things that happens in a rev round is all the heads get full access, and they like to snoop around supply for that very reason.

My point is, although the evil heads routine provides good RP reasons for a revolution, it's also the best meta-strategy to win a rev round for the heads.

Supply + engineering and sneak everything out the back door.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: April 16, 2013, 01:32:08 pm »

Engineering means you have to deal with the CE.  If you're talking about getting an emitter, that means opening secure storage, which means getting into the CEs office (unless he left it open for you).  This also give great opportunity for the AI to catch you on one of the many cameras around.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: April 16, 2013, 01:39:05 pm »

A revolution lives or dies by the supply department.  If you can get revs into supply, you only need one weapon to get your crates.  Of course, one of the first things that happens in a rev round is all the heads get full access, and they like to snoop around supply for that very reason.

My point is, although the evil heads routine provides good RP reasons for a revolution, it's also the best meta-strategy to win a rev round for the heads.

There've been more evil head rounds where the revs win then the other way around, at least from what I've seen.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: April 16, 2013, 01:42:46 pm »

How many players does it take for a legit rev round? I'd be interested to see how it works out in a secret game mode, so people don't know there's a revolution until they make a move.  I'd like to play it with LOLflashing allowed too, just to see how it works out.

We had a secret rev round in the last 2 days that had rampant LOLflashing (including someone running up and flashing me in the hallway directly in front of the giant bridge window, while standing next to a security droid, before running off)

The revs were completely disorganized from what I could see, and the rev heads were rather rapidly dispatched.  The lack of RP conversion leaves new recruits directionless.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: April 16, 2013, 01:44:20 pm »

Yeah. Evil heads rally support for the revolution really, really quickly. Makes for some really dramatic overthrows and PACKED trials.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: April 16, 2013, 01:46:09 pm »

^

This.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: April 16, 2013, 02:06:42 pm »

Engineering means you have to deal with the CE.  If you're talking about getting an emitter, that means opening secure storage, which means getting into the CEs office (unless he left it open for you).  This also give great opportunity for the AI to catch you on one of the many cameras around.

The CE is a Head. You have to deal with them anyway.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: April 16, 2013, 02:34:23 pm »

EDIT 2: That round with the singulo on the derelict is still going. In the lobby, it says it's been going for 3 hours, but in the singulo notes, it suggests its been going on for at least 10 hours.
I don't think the server processes things when no one is logged in.

What is the proper way to handle a power sink?
As mentioned, you could just connect the singularity to the main grid. I don't *think* it will cause the sink to explode any faster (it's only supposed to drain up to 600k W a tick, which is the normal max output of the engineering SMES), but it will make any power drained inconsequential. And also allow a traitor with insulated gloves to murder people with doors.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:41:09 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: April 16, 2013, 02:50:04 pm »

What is the proper way to handle a power sink?
As mentioned, you could just connect the singularity to the main grid. I don't *think* it will cause the sink to explode any faster (it's only supposed to drain up to 600k W a tick, which is the normal max output of the engineering SMES), but it will make any power drained inconsequential. And also allow a traitor with insulated gloves to murder people with doors.

This seems like the best course of action to me. You can see on the power monitoring computer that there's something on the station drawing a lot of power, so the obvious course of action is to supply more power.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: April 16, 2013, 03:21:59 pm »

Just when we were close to developing a new bomb making method,, comms get destroyed and everything goes down :P
but we will do it, a day!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: April 16, 2013, 03:22:53 pm »

I have no idea what happened. Everything was hooked up, but it still flooded.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: April 16, 2013, 03:27:07 pm »

pumps were backward.
Also, why were you working with plasma already? did you open anything on canisters? canister valves must stay closed.
next time, I suggest testing with pure oxygen first.

although I am confused. I saw no plasma canisters anywhere. which one was released? what did you try to do?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: April 16, 2013, 03:28:53 pm »

I was using an oxygen canister, and an empty one.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: April 16, 2013, 03:45:09 pm »

EDIT: not a traitor. Either neglect or RPed idiocy.

Yep. I was the only traitor that round.

I think that was the most robust round I've ever had.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: April 16, 2013, 05:06:00 pm »

I'm cool with you until you hurt my officers or be a clown and vandalize the station. Then you're slime food.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1654