Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123882 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3555 on: April 13, 2013, 01:06:46 pm »

Your mention of Beepsky reminds me of his absolutely BEST function: You can set him to arrest people that are carrying weapons but shouldn't be. Haven't tested it yet tough, but it's promising and may be a solution for the ID-less antags.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: April 13, 2013, 01:52:33 pm »

As for the first part, I REALLY DID NOT want to shoot you for a couple reasons: One, you weren't my target. Two, you're a bro, and you always are in every round I play with you in. Three, I only had six shots and I really needed to save them for my target. I was just threatening you because I didn't want you to rat me out/keep me stuck/touch me with hostile intent even once because you would have brought me down.

As for the second part, it was actually a really fun/panicky moment for me, where I was thinking, "Fuck, I'm gonna die, Hector is about the only saving my ass right here."
You're another better bro :D

But yeah, the saving part was almost entirely accidental. I wasn't really sure about what was happening, when in doubt my priorities default to rescuing and healing.

Another tidbit: I meant to search the illicit wing as soon as Traxus said he couldn't track you, but with Trevor patrolling the hallway in front of the tool storage I hesitated to open the secret door (as far as I know heads of staff are not supposed to know about the wing). If I went straight for it I would have probably walked in on during the raking.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: April 13, 2013, 02:03:34 pm »

-snip-

And this is why Urist McStation is not public. :P

Partially. As in, partially not public, and partially why we avoid those situations.

We're not public as in, you have to actively seek the server out, but once you know of it, you can join freely. Recent griefer activity shows we are far from watertight when it comes to trolls.

For avoiding utter chaos, it's probably more due to low server population, but yesterday indicates we're slowly expanding. And each active player adds x-1, x being a number of players, interactions which may lead to Drama and SNAFUs.

This thread is on page one of a google search for ' "space station 13" forum '.
Google searches are biased. You're a B12er, so it shows up high for you.
For somebody who frequents /tg/station, the /tg/station forums will show up high, same for goon and BS12 etc.

Yes there is that tailoring, but there aren't that many forums for SS13. If you use github you won't find many maps. It's primarily tg-esque, which is old goon.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: April 13, 2013, 02:11:27 pm »

I'll also point out the fact that I didn't know the round was revolutionary until I was flashed.

That's certainly odd. Everyone's always fairly clear that you have to RP conversion.
It was a practical joke on their part, they tried to RP the conversion afterwards, but my character was too incoherent and full of rage at that point to really pay any attention.
Then when I was actually ready to settle down and start being a Rev, my rev status had vanished and couldn't be returned. Sort of like being chipped but I was never given the notification of being chipped.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: April 13, 2013, 02:43:44 pm »

I'll also point out the fact that I didn't know the round was revolutionary until I was flashed.

That's certainly odd. Everyone's always fairly clear that you have to RP conversion.
It was a practical joke on their part, they tried to RP the conversion afterwards, but my character was too incoherent and full of rage at that point to really pay any attention.
Then when I was actually ready to settle down and start being a Rev, my rev status had vanished and couldn't be returned. Sort of like being chipped but I was never given the notification of being chipped.
Honestly I tried to convert you when we were in the Bar, I hadn't realized someone lolflashed you.

I'm disappointed by what happened during that round, I had to juggle training my friend in Genetics and doing my role as antag. I have to admit I was surprised when he told me he enjoyed the round.
Think fast, act faster.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: April 13, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: April 13, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »

Jack Harkness, Manchild. I also threw sodas at Joseph and nearly got demoted.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: April 13, 2013, 06:13:45 pm »

Weird. You have been implanted, right after the AI upload incident. That was the purpose of the three strike rule. I wanted to up the oppressiveness (brainwashing!), but avoid lolimplanting, which is as bad as lolflashing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: April 13, 2013, 06:53:41 pm »

, but avoid lolimplanting, which is as bad as lolflashing.

Yeah, lolimplanting is bad, but I am unconvinced that lolflashing is as bad as people claim because our rev rounds go stupid long. Like, the last two rev rounds I observed after 2 hours of play had only 4 and 5 revs total, including the 3 rev heads. Granted I hear (since I didnt watch all of either) that one of them got real crazy somehow, but I think at least in the context of rev rounds we are putting too much emphasis on roleplay to make it fun.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: April 13, 2013, 07:44:17 pm »

Server crash?

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: April 13, 2013, 07:44:47 pm »

Why! Why must it crash.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: April 13, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »

Probably.
Think fast, act faster.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: April 13, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »

Fuck, the server crashed, didn't it. I was just going to experiment on the lawyer, dammit!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: April 13, 2013, 07:45:08 pm »

I, personally, have a lot of trouble as a rev head in getting anyone to join the RP way. I try to be sincere and honest, and most folks just turn it down. I'm often stuck with one person who is willing to help me if I even get anyone at all. More than once I've been forced to work with people other heads converted because I couldn't convince anyone at all.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: April 13, 2013, 07:45:11 pm »

Aw, server crash :(

Also, don't walk up to people with batons out and ask them to follow you. While being the HoS and standing up to the captain for walking up to a doctor and asking him to come along was fun, it'll get annoying fast.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1654