Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123718 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3510 on: April 12, 2013, 08:22:13 pm »

I officially hate the griefer double as much as anyone, except perhaps Hanslanda (because the guy did not RP). HE RUINED MY TRAITOR CHAPLAIN ROUND. If he shows up while I'm online, well, let's say my chaplain's name and a null rod or a glass shard will be involved.

He actually did RP a little bit, which only makes the fiery hate burning in my soul hotter and fiercer. He tricked me, had me touch a shocked door, then jumped up, stunned me (I was already stunned) and shot the living piss out of me. I was armed with a grand total of: A tool belt and stun gloves. Also, I had repeatedly stated my IC desire to simply beat the shit out of his character. My QM tends to be a bit of a scrapper, as evidenced with my all out brawl/minihoe fight with Axl, and is quite willing to physically confront someone (In a NON LETHAL fashion) over somewhat minor incidents.

Scrdest, I am willing to completely lay my grudge to rest in the sake of a greater cause: Finding this guy, and making his character our bitch. -.- Also, I've recently been thinking over my past actions, and I'd like to apologize for... Drastically overreacting. That was not necessary of me. In the future, I'd like to be able to just PM you and talk it over rather than flipping out in OOC/the thread/to admins and dealing with a shitstorm.
[cliché-sappy-moment]Friends now?[/cliché-sappy-moment]
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: April 12, 2013, 08:24:11 pm »

Actually thats not the reason. TG changed this so Captains wouldnt be, involuntarily, spammed to deth by 3/4ths of the crew each with their own unique (and in TG's case, mostly dumb) request.
Well, the two reasons line up nicely really... Except for the Head of Personnel who now gets spammed to death by the crew while the captain asks for a new pda "because mine is broken".

Then I got arrested for chilling out near upload.

I had made no actions as a revolutionary the whole round.

From my POV, you were actively rebellious and tried to be passive-agressive and make a point by standing there. Spess Gandhi or whatever.

And the AI thing was your bad luck, since to make it easy for the Revs we've gone ahead and 1984'd it up just after you uploaded your laws.
I was sort of coerced into "Spess Gandhi", since there was literally nothing else I could do at that point.
I wasn't even trying to do rebel against anything, I was just there to offer someone a drink of holy water.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: April 12, 2013, 08:31:15 pm »

I officially hate the griefer double as much as anyone, except perhaps Hanslanda (because the guy did not RP). HE RUINED MY TRAITOR CHAPLAIN ROUND. If he shows up while I'm online, well, let's say my chaplain's name and a null rod or a glass shard will be involved.

He actually did RP a little bit, which only makes the fiery hate burning in my soul hotter and fiercer. He tricked me, had me touch a shocked door, then jumped up, stunned me (I was already stunned) and shot the living piss out of me. I was armed with a grand total of: A tool belt and stun gloves. Also, I had repeatedly stated my IC desire to simply beat the shit out of his character. My QM tends to be a bit of a scrapper, as evidenced with my all out brawl/minihoe fight with Axl, and is quite willing to physically confront someone (In a NON LETHAL fashion) over somewhat minor incidents.

Scrdest, I am willing to completely lay my grudge to rest in the sake of a greater cause: Finding this guy, and making his character our bitch. -.- Also, I've recently been thinking over my past actions, and I'd like to apologize for... Drastically overreacting. That was not necessary of me. In the future, I'd like to be able to just PM you and talk it over rather than flipping out in OOC/the thread/to admins and dealing with a shitstorm.
[cliché-sappy-moment]Friends now?[/cliché-sappy-moment]

Remind me not to show you any photos or tell you what I'll do when it's all over. I don't want to get dramatically killed in the final scene. :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: April 12, 2013, 08:32:16 pm »

Fair enough Fayrik, you guys are welcome back to the server. I'm genuinely honest I wasn't metagaming, it's something I DESPISE WITH A BURNING PASSION. If you guys still want to leave, fair enough, although I'm somewhat confused as to why you would at this point. Either way, I'm glad we got this sorted out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: April 12, 2013, 08:32:53 pm »

If i understand the events correctly, you got beaten and brigged for RPing an aggressive, destructive chaplain, and then gained access to the AI played by your RL friend and uploaded a new lawset.  That AI then killed the captain as he walked in to execute his own plan with the AI, and took no action to get that player back into the game. When asked about it did not tell the admins anything about being told by anyone that the captain was a villain, he simply passed it off as following the Paladin lawset.  When the captain finally executed his plan with the AI, the new laws were simply broadcast to the station by an AI who was annoyed by the admin's involvement.

I don't think this can be pinned on Admin metagaming.  Trust me if we wanted to grief you guys we could do it.  The 1 week job ban was due to the AI player's reaction to admins talking to him about the non-antag killing, not due to the missteps he made as an AI player.

We need to be able to investigate questionable killings to ensure that only antags are doing the killings, or people with extremely good IC reasons.  It was only when he copied one of your group's statement about the handling of the situation that we got any hint of there being a communication between the uploader and the AI that the captain should be considered evil or a villain.

I don't want to sound accusatory, but it definitely sounds a bit like you guys were doing a bit of colluding yourselves.  I'm not sure if the AI player tried to deceive us about his actions, or if he failed to give the pertinent information requested, but this could have been resolved very simply at that point.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:36:37 pm by Vactor »
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: April 12, 2013, 09:03:16 pm »

If i understand the events correctly, you got beaten and brigged for RPing an aggressive, destructive chaplain, and then gained access to the AI played by your RL friend and uploaded a new lawset.
I gained access to the AI through the blinding Asimov loophole.
Also, he's a nice guy, but he's not my RL friend. He's an RL friend of an online friend of mine. I'm just pointing this out to show how little we really know each other. The amount we communicated outside the game is also somewhat indicated at this point.
I'll also point out the fact that I didn't know the round was revolutionary until I was flashed.

I don't think this can be pinned on Admin metagaming.  Trust me if we wanted to grief you guys we could do it.  The 1 week job ban was due to the AI player's reaction to admins talking to him about the non-antag killing, not due to the missteps he made as an AI player.
Well, that wouldn't be fun for you, just like neither situation would be fun for me.

We need to be able to investigate questionable killings to ensure that only antags are doing the killings, or people with extremely good IC reasons.  It was only when he copied one of your group's statement about the handling of the situation that we got any hint of there being a communication between the uploader and the AI that the captain should be considered evil or a villain.

I don't want to sound accusatory, but it definitely sounds a bit like you guys were doing a bit of colluding yourselves.  I'm not sure if the AI player tried to deceive us about his actions, or if he failed to give the pertinent information requested, but this could have been resolved very simply at that point.
Maybe it escaped your notice, but in at least three separate situations I shouted things insinuating that all the heads of staff were acting immorally, one specific point where I literally pointed that they were evil.

Also, that is an accusation, but I'd rather sort this out than get offended over wording, especially knowing that you're trying to do the same.
From the little I understand of it, there's been miscommunication on both sides. Asking the wrong questions, getting the wrong answers. I feel that's irrelevant now however, as it's over and done with. I'm just here to make sure that I'm not miscommunicating.

Fair enough Fayrik, you guys are welcome back to the server. I'm genuinely honest I wasn't metagaming, it's something I DESPISE WITH A BURNING PASSION. If you guys still want to leave, fair enough, although I'm somewhat confused as to why you would at this point. Either way, I'm glad we got this sorted out.
I'm glad we're sharing common ground here. However, I'm sticking with my desition because this really isn't the first time I'd have this sort of thing happen to me while playing low clearance jobs. (Don't think there was any admin involvement last time. I can't remember.)
It just totally sucks all the fun out of the round and is quite irritating. Frankly it's not that much worse than being straitjacketed, muzzled and shoved into the outer airlock in behind the security escape pod.

Finally, I'm happy to put this to rest, unless anyone else has anything to ask about it.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: April 12, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »

Maybe it escaped your notice, but in at least three separate situations I shouted things insinuating that all the heads of staff were acting immorally, one specific point where I literally pointed that they were evil.

Also, that is an accusation, but I'd rather sort this out than get offended over wording, especially knowing that you're trying to do the same.
From the little I understand of it, there's been miscommunication on both sides. Asking the wrong questions, getting the wrong answers. I feel that's irrelevant now however, as it's over and done with. I'm just here to make sure that I'm not miscommunicating.

Just for the sake of clarity, I wasn't part of the round, I was only focused on admin-help.  We can miss a lot of the IC stuff when busy as an admin, which is why we ask players what their IC reasonings are rather than make assumptions.

The biggest take away from this for everyone should be, if an admin is talking to you, they probably just want information, especially if you were party to a non-antag killing. 

Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: April 12, 2013, 09:59:27 pm »

nvm
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:58:30 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3518 on: April 12, 2013, 10:05:34 pm »

I'm aware we're a little short-staffed, and I'll be working on the admin list and a ruleset (finally!) later next week, after my thesis defense on Tuesday is over.

KG

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: April 12, 2013, 10:09:52 pm »

I'm aware we're a little short-staffed, and I'll be working on the admin list and a ruleset (finally!) later next week, after my thesis defense on Tuesday is over.

KG
i am still up for it.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: April 12, 2013, 10:13:36 pm »

Good luck!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 12, 2013, 10:22:24 pm »

Good luck!

Thanks!  I had a practice run today, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.  Just need to brush it up and do one more run over the weekend.

KG

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 12, 2013, 10:30:22 pm »

I learned that I fail at nuke.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:16 pm »

God is a supermassive dickhole. SEND THE SHUTTLE BACK SO I CAN GET MY FRIENDS You have recieved the BEST COOKIE!
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: April 12, 2013, 10:56:24 pm »

I am a sexy shoeless god of WAR.

Start as QM. Go make some drugs and hook myself up with Stun gloves. Later, I'm getting all high, and a Nuke Operative walks up to my window. I say, 'Uh hi. Please don't kill me.' He nods and waves and walks away. I run to the vault area, to hide in the Illicit Wing, to find the HoS and CMO standing outside the Vault. A Syndie runs up and shoots me once, then Oswald runs around and gets shot, and falls on me. I wake up, get up, and run into maintenance. I wait a minute, then run back and save Oswald and get his gun and the Syndie gun I dropped. I save Oswald, and some other shit happens.

I end up having THREE energy guns, and TWO syndie SMGs. Oswald asks for help in the Captains office, so I run in there, and stun the Syndie and Oswald, and a miner. I then shoot the Syndie to death, and Randall runs in and stungloves me. I get up and stunglove him back and take my gun back. I steal a Syndie helmet as a trophy, and we all go to escape. I start throwing mushrooms around, and EVERYONE gets high. Shuttle launchs as the last Syndie wakes up. I end the round with FIVE guns, armor, a Syndie helm, and a bag full of drugs, and a great story. :) Awesome!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 1654