Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122603 times)

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3345 on: April 10, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »

Yeah, I was a bit ticked off at first but I really enjoyed it in the end. It's a shame I couldn't borg & emag the chaplain before the assistant came in though. I would have loved to see how he'd have reacted to getting lasered by his own cult leader turned murderbot

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: April 10, 2013, 03:56:54 pm »

I need to get on and antag it up. Subtlety is my preference, though when the Syndie Box gave me a space suit and two bombs, or I was the Virologist, I decided letting my presence known was the more interesting move. I'm probably just about as robust as you Nick, so I tend to stray away from actual combat. Except the one time I had to escape alone and knocked the HoS on his ass with my Detective's Revolver, stole the Energy gun he had and blasted him with it, took his ID, set everyone to arrest, got into the armory, and proceeded to shoot up medbay, where the Mime and HoS were unfortunately saved by the CMO.

I swear that was all luck though. I am in no way robust.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: April 10, 2013, 04:05:07 pm »

I find it amusing that we keep comming back to ai behaviour discussions. Bay12 must have another kind of mindset than other ss13 forums.
Yeah I am ready for this to be over.

Make the Japanese Schoolgirl board a thing!
If our demands are not met, we WILL continue discussing this!
What is this... Japanese Schoolgirl thing you speak of?
4. You are a Japense schoolgirl that is in love with the heads

Optionally, make it so you can write a specific name instead of the heads.

"You are a Japanese schoolgirl that is in love with all security officers."
"You are a Japanese schoolgirl that is in love with Ian."
"You are a Japanese schoolgirl in a poorly written anime who must decide which of the heads to date."
In retrospect, ignorance would have been better.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: April 10, 2013, 05:03:33 pm »

The real secret is, no one is really robust with the shitty combat system. Its 70% initiative and 30% luck. Axl is just so well known because he has the balls to go with it.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: April 10, 2013, 05:06:51 pm »

The real secret is, no one is really robust with the shitty combat system. Its 70% initiative and 30% luck. Axl is just so well known because he has the balls to go with it.
Pretty much. One big help is your environment - the only reason I killed them all was because the only place they could fire at me from was a single tile. One door was bolted, the other was blocked with a slagged mech.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: April 10, 2013, 05:07:22 pm »

Robust isn't just being lucky and good at combat, it's a state of mind. You can't even begin to comprehend.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: April 10, 2013, 05:15:48 pm »

There is some skill involved in the robust, assuming you're not using ranged or stun weapons. Knowledge on how the system works, setting traps for your enemy, and knowing where and when to click can be the difference between you or your enemy dying.
Nothing important here, move along.

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: April 10, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »

Gunna be totally honest, started learning to play the game because everyone made it seem like "Joy, new players. Let's help them be comfortable with something as large and confusing as a spacestation" D: and so far a vast majority of what I've gotten is sarcasm, and a feeling of annoyance because I'm not 100% about what I'm doing, even though that was just robotiscist and cargo tech, I'm honestly terrified of getting into trying to learn more complex roles because if people are irritated because I'm a new robotiscist, how will they feel when I'm a new security, or engineer, or godforbid, AI >:

It isn't easy or welcoming at all on spacestation 13 from my experience D: People just seem to want me replaced with someone who knows what they're doing.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: April 10, 2013, 06:05:30 pm »

Gunna be totally honest, started learning to play the game because everyone made it seem like "Joy, new players. Let's help them be comfortable with something as large and confusing as a spacestation" D: and so far a vast majority of what I've gotten is sarcasm, and a feeling of annoyance because I'm not 100% about what I'm doing, even though that was just robotiscist and cargo tech, I'm honestly terrified of getting into trying to learn more complex roles because if people are irritated because I'm a new robotiscist, how will they feel when I'm a new security, or engineer, or godforbid, AI >:

It isn't easy or welcoming at all on spacestation 13 from my experience D: People just seem to want me replaced with someone who knows what they're doing.

I'm hoping the annoyance is coming IC, not OOC.  Really the best way to learn new jobs is to apprentice with someone who knows the role.  Check in OOC to see if anyone is willing to give you some in game tutelage.  Another option, if there are enough players on for the station to be well staffed, is playing a role under an experienced department head.  If you IC tell them that its your first day on the job, coupled with an OOC statement that you're new to the game, i'm guessing most of us would take you under our wing for the round.  Play cyborg many times, and have a competency in most station jobs before you go for AI.

Roboticist is a tougher one, as you usually don't have much for oversight by a department head.  Engineering with a good Chief Engineer is a good way to learn the station systems, as its their job to instruct you how they want things set up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: April 10, 2013, 06:10:27 pm »

Plenty of people are willing to teach you the ropes of each job, and apparently you're not meeting any of them. Tell you what, if you happen to meet me ingame give me a shoutout and I'll teach you whatever job you want as best as I can for as long as I can.

And yes I made a new account because 'Kalemyr' is a weird name in my opinion.
Think fast, act faster.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: April 10, 2013, 06:15:04 pm »

Bikari,The problem is probably that they either
A:expect you to know the job, because we do not get much new people and they wouldn't know you're new unless stated so.
or B: They try to RP during the delay

Engineering is actually a good job to start learning early, or as soon as you actually understand how to play. I think i learned how to set up the singularity before i learned how to eat actually.
Its just wiring that is a pain in the ass.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: April 10, 2013, 07:21:52 pm »

God damn uneven floors spinning my chair.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: April 10, 2013, 08:11:32 pm »

Well. I pretty much found out two of the traitors. Dominik hunt never even popped up on my radar though. He must have been sneaky. If he just ordered a corgi from cargo then butchered it, I will be disappointed though. (should we remove the corgi meat objective? I mean, its not even technically illegal as far as I can tell unless you steal Ian.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:13:37 pm by Kaitol »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: April 10, 2013, 08:12:11 pm »

Thank you immovable rod for cracking open the HoP office in just the right way. I didn't have to use an emag.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was everywhere fixing the station. I set the singu loose to force round end and had the telecrystals to pull it, but was too busy to set up a beacon.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:16:18 pm by BigD145 »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: April 10, 2013, 08:12:30 pm »

Two of the traitors proceeding to do nothing, and leave. One of them even complained about how nothing was going on.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1654