Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121594 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3195 on: April 08, 2013, 11:21:37 pm »

Day 1, the Mules gained sentience through no fault of my own. Unrelated: Captain says I am no longer allowed to play with heavy machinery.

Wat.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: April 08, 2013, 11:24:34 pm »

Balls would be tripped, most likely.
Yes, but how many, and what color polka dots would be on those balls?

Mindbreaker is still better. I wish botanists had some way to brew their own Mindbreaker. Also, Ambrosia Vulgaris slowly kills you.
How slowly?

Mildly slowly. It depends on the potency. 1/10 of the potency is the amount of toxin present in the Vulgaris branch, so you generally have to eat multiple branches. You just have to be careful of your health after a while of being high off of Ambrosia.
Also often called Boowells.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: April 08, 2013, 11:27:01 pm »

What about the mutated strain, ambrosia whatdoyoucallit? Is that poisonous?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: April 08, 2013, 11:27:34 pm »

Day 1, the Mules gained sentience through no fault of my own. Unrelated: Captain says I am no longer allowed to play with heavy machinery.

Wat.
A PAI probably got into the system.
Actually, turn that into a suggestion. PAIs should be able to interface with more than just doors. Mechs and MULEs instantly spring to mind.

Mindbreaker is still better. I wish botanists had some way to brew their own Mindbreaker. Also, Ambrosia Vulgaris slowly kills you.
How slowly?

Mildly slowly. It depends on the potency. 1/10 of the potency is the amount of toxin present in the Vulgaris branch, so you generally have to eat multiple branches. You just have to be careful of your health after a while of being high off of Ambrosia.
Good to know. I will not grow super high potency A.V. any more. Thanks.

Edit: And Gamerlord, you are thinking of Ambrosia Deus. And I have no idea.
Edit 2: Probably not. The wiki says the A.V. has toxins, and A.D. doesnt seem to have any toxins. Just good old Space Drugs.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:29:51 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: April 08, 2013, 11:41:33 pm »

Wat.
A PAI probably got into the system.
Actually, turn that into a suggestion. PAIs should be able to interface with more than just doors. Mechs and MULEs instantly spring to mind.

How slowly?

Good to know. I will not grow super high potency A.V. any more. Thanks.

Edit: And Gamerlord, you are thinking of Ambrosia Deus. And I have no idea.
Edit 2: Probably not. The wiki says the A.V. has toxins, and A.D. doesnt seem to have any toxins. Just good old Space Drugs.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. It has synaptizine, and if you take a look at the wiki again on the Chemistry guide, synaptizine causes minor toxin damage over a period of time. This is actually pretty interesting if you think about it, because both Deus and Vulgaris are pretty powerful healing agents of hydroponics, but they both cause toxin damage, which is the only type of damage that Botany can't heal effectively (Kudzu is the only plant containing anti-toxin in a very very minor dosage). Deus does less toxin damage, though, since synaptizine only has a 60% probability of doing damage for each tick.
Also often called Boowells.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: April 08, 2013, 11:44:11 pm »

After reviewing my experience in antag, I had come to the following conclusion.

Janitors are the ones that are the ones that are the hardest to kill.

Seriously the janicart protects them from a lot things, heck it's way easier to kill a HoS than a Janitor imo. As for why I'm not mad about you discovering my bomb Kaitol, is because I was rushing. Normally I do not attempt a mass-bomb of the station, I only try it when I need to go quick. I already know I'm going to make mistakes from rushing so why bother to care about it?

And yes pAI's need to be able to do more, like you need to be able to hook them into a console say the supply console for example....
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: April 08, 2013, 11:45:22 pm »

Can you fill atmospherics pipes with smoke an chemicals?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: April 08, 2013, 11:49:31 pm »

Nah, pretty sure they're completely separate systems.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: April 08, 2013, 11:50:13 pm »

Rats. I want to fill the pipes with gaseous space drugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: April 08, 2013, 11:55:52 pm »

Welp. Axl Blyant was HoS traitor, so the station was doomed from the start. I did quite enjoy that scene in the bridge though, where I was cuffed to the chair. Oh, and Jacob, I was trying to push you into the electrified door when I unbuckled myself.

Axl immediately subverted the AI with the help of the clown that the AI (Janus, or me) was trolling. Then the clown was executed by the turrets, and the Captain came to save the clown. My AI hologram was Axl also, so there were two Traitor Axls on station. Ya'll we so screwed. The Captain came to save the clown, and got jumped by Axl, who stole his stuff. Then the Captain escaped into the Conference room, where I messed him pretty good with doors and such, until he got on the bridge and got out a message. Then Axl told me to kill all nonhumans and captured the Captain.

So I killed Simon Faust with the Telecomms door, and Hugo Tennant with suffocation, and Bomrek Nussbaum died to a doorshock. Then I turned on the Syphon on the bridge after Axl finished monologuing at the Captain and carded me. So the Captain was trapped, restrained, on the bridge with all the doors bolted and the grates electrified, as the air syphoned out. Terrible way to go.

Traitor Axls = Instant win.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: April 09, 2013, 12:09:55 am »

Everybody yells at janitors, even when you put down signs, which is why I recommended a botanist.
Uh. You do know that you can get buckets of space cleaner right?
The only time that being yelled at for cleaning the floors with water isn't totally justified is when there isn't any chemist, but even then it's not entirely acceptable.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: April 09, 2013, 12:14:34 am »

Hey man. Do you know how many traitors have been caught by slipping on water? Um.. probably like, 2. But still. It can happen.

((Unless they're pro as fuck and bought the no slip shoes))

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: April 09, 2013, 12:18:50 am »

Welp, I joined a game, wandered a little, got shot and died.
New game, apparently I'm a clown.  And apparently no one else is playing again.

This has all the appeal that I remember - which is to say that I'm confused and not having fun.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: April 09, 2013, 12:22:24 am »

Hey, you got on at two am. Peak time has like, 10 on average. twenty on a good day. Once I think we had 28ish.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: April 09, 2013, 01:17:13 am »

Welp, I joined a game, wandered a little, got shot and died.
New game, apparently I'm a clown.  And apparently no one else is playing again.

This has all the appeal that I remember - which is to say that I'm confused and not having fun.
Solution: don't play clown and set preferences. Clown has some hidden difficulty and people take most excuses to torture the clown.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 1654