Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122686 times)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2475 on: March 28, 2013, 09:01:51 pm »

The current trunk dosen't compile correctly, trying to revert it now.  Had to go for a clean install.
Which source did you use? What was the compile errors?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: March 28, 2013, 09:08:53 pm »

The current trunk dosen't compile correctly, trying to revert it now.  Had to go for a clean install.

I think he used the SVN, I haven't had a chance to fork the Git yet. The newest revision compiles and runs properly on my computer, have you tried it yet Android?

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: March 28, 2013, 09:22:12 pm »

I think he used the SVN, I haven't had a chance to fork the Git yet. The newest revision compiles and runs properly on my computer, have you tried it yet Android?

I cant try whats on the SVN until you do it on GIT, because I uninstalled SVN

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:15 pm »

I cant try whats on the SVN until you do it on GIT, because I uninstalled SVN

Ah, okay. I'm doing it on Git right now. Give me a little while.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: March 28, 2013, 09:39:33 pm »

Vactor, what was the issue with the map? Did it just not compile properly?

When I compiled it, it threw a warning about the map, with a missing file(old map name 01).  The UI loaded, but without any map.   My speculation is that there was a reference to the map that needs to be updated to the new map name.

I can try to update again, and manually revert the mapname from 02 to 01 before I compile it. 

Edit**And this was pulled from SVN fyi
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: March 28, 2013, 10:02:37 pm »

Vactor, what was the issue with the map? Did it just not compile properly?

When I compiled it, it threw a warning about the map, with a missing file(old map name 01).  The UI loaded, but without any map.   My speculation is that there was a reference to the map that needs to be updated to the new map name.

I can try to update again, and manually revert the mapname from 02 to 01 before I compile it. 

Edit**And this was pulled from SVN fyi

It's not on Git yet. You don't need to revert the filname, just delete the old map, and check off the new one, then compile.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: March 28, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »

I grew so much weed but then we had to restart for update. Sad times.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: March 28, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »

If you really want to build, play on the backup server, since its on extended right? or host your own. Because you're practically never going to have the time.

I think I saw talk about a gametype where you all start on the arrivals shuttle and have to repair/construct the station? That would be fun. Give us engineers a chance to do our job large scale.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: March 28, 2013, 10:44:40 pm »

Rounds can go long, but not all that long. Just host your own server if you want to be left alone to build.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:39 pm »

I think I saw talk about a gametype where you all start on the arrivals shuttle and have to repair/construct the station? That would be fun. Give us engineers a chance to do our job large scale.
That's basically derelict off of BS12. No jobs, everyone spawns with internals (on) and a toolbox with wires and the like in the arrivals shuttle. You can restore functionality, or you can just do a scavenging run and leave.

And I like building, but I also like multiplayer. Being by myself or on a laggy server which will probably have nobody else on?

I mean, I can have enough time, but when I start building (With enough time), SOMETHING, regardless, goes to utter shit. I get the entrance partially built (Note: a small entrance) and the round ends due to something that is utterly annoying. Such as all the things I said above.

Well often times the singularity is loosed by antagonists as a way to get the emergency shuttle called when they don't have access to the captain ID.  Rounds with antagonists aren't expected to last more than an hour or two.  A three or four hour round is considered quite long.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: March 28, 2013, 11:00:41 pm »

That's basically derelict off of BS12. No jobs, everyone spawns with internals (on) and a toolbox with wires and the like in the arrivals shuttle. You can restore functionality, or you can just do a scavenging run and leave.

And I like building, but I also like multiplayer. Being by myself or on a laggy server which will probably have nobody else on?

I mean, I can have enough time, but when I start building (With enough time), SOMETHING, regardless, goes to utter shit. I get the entrance partially built (Note: a small entrance) and the round ends due to something that is utterly annoying. Such as all the things I said above.

Only way I can think of getting it to work is to have an RCD. Guess what I can't have? As CE, I'm expected to NOT piss off and do stuff like that. And everyone else isn't expected to do have the RCD. Why the hell would a captain be running about with one?

SUPPLY, bro. SUPPLY. Damn, I've been talking about supply a lot these past few days. What does Supply have that the CE doesn't? Well, for starters, it has an RCD which you can continually make ammo for, hardsuits for space construction, and metal/glass for whatever. Cough, well, I suppose the CE has that too, but people let you do it too! People just bugger off and pretend Supply doesn't exist, except for the scientists and roboticists. Y'know what's even better? You can satisfy pretty much the whole station and still have enough supply points for yourself if you do it right.

So, a crate of metal costs 10 points, right? Well, you get 5 of those back if you take the metal and send the crate back. You get another 2 points if you stamp the manifest like you should be doing. That's only 3 supply points you lose and they can be easily gained back in the 2 minutes that the shuttle takes. If you're an active quartermaster and/or have cargo techs, you can jump back and forth from mining and sending shuttles so that you pretty much can order whatever you like. 40 sheets of metal and 20 sheets of glass is enough for a little more than 3 matter ammo things. With a bit of ingenuity and 30-40 supply points, you pretty much have the EVA's RCD in the palm of your hand.

And since you start with 50 supply points and have around another 50 points in the form of crates in the warehouse, it's almost a better option than CE in every way, shape, and form.

EDIT: On top of THAT, you have the AUTOLATHE, which ENGINEERING doesn't even have! You can make airlock electronics and all sorts of stuff with it.

AND ON TOP OF THAT, you also have cargo technicians who have about as little shit to do as YOU do, who can also work on it.

In fact, the only thing the CE actually has in comparison is the station blueprints and access to atmospherics. He has his engineers, too, but they're focused on the singularity and power, much of the time early on.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:05:49 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: March 28, 2013, 11:04:18 pm »

Pretty sure if the people don't question the captain torturing and drugging the clown, they won't give five fucks about him having the RCD.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: March 28, 2013, 11:27:01 pm »

The autolathe isn't worth all that much since Engineering has access to circuit boards that supply can't even get. R&D can get most circuits and even up and relocate all of their equipment. So what you really need is the CE and RD working together. They can build pretty much anything after they find the asteroid. The advantage of the RD is access to the teleporter.

Cargo techs don't get mining access and miners don't get cargo access. The cargo techs can't mine without having their hands held and doors opened.

The singularity and solars can, and have to, be set up quickly. Then they have nothing to do until someone bombs the station.

With all that said, be the HoP or Captain and you get access to everything.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: March 29, 2013, 12:37:12 am »

First Illicit Wing round.

People seemed to like it, and it all went well, until...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Space Station 13 happened.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: March 29, 2013, 12:46:58 am »

I actually almost survived that. 5 more seconds and I would have been hiding in the lower right corner. Cold and stun might have finished me though.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 1654