Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128339 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24030 on: April 13, 2016, 02:50:37 am »

I could see that amount being a low point, but some of those trees are huge.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24031 on: April 13, 2016, 09:50:46 am »

I do intend to nerf tower caps a touch, but I'm also going to buff the amount of planks you get per tree.
I may add a second log to small trees and a fourth to large trees, that way it'd be 6-10 for small trees and 12-20 for large trees.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24032 on: April 13, 2016, 04:57:34 pm »

That feels like a more decent amount, yes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24033 on: April 13, 2016, 08:12:37 pm »

Glloyd, for my sanity and so the universe does not end every other round, please move the supermatter WAY THE FUCK AWAY from the singulo at roundstart, thanks.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24034 on: April 13, 2016, 08:15:05 pm »

Glloyd, for my sanity and so the universe does not end every other round, please move the supermatter WAY THE FUCK AWAY from the singulo at roundstart, thanks.

In 99% of the rounds, cascades don't happen. People just gotta get good at engineering and learn to not set up the singulo if it's already half an hour into a round.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24035 on: April 13, 2016, 09:21:04 pm »

In 99% of the rounds, cascades don't happen. People just gotta get good at engineering and learn to not set up the singulo if it's already half an hour into a round.

And remember that engineers should space or detonate the supermatter if the singularity can't be contained.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24036 on: April 13, 2016, 10:08:44 pm »

And remember that engineers should space or detonate the supermatter if the singularity can't be contained.

Also that. The station can get by on solars, and you've got about a 60-70% chance of the singulo leaving the SM and SMES rooms untouched, so if you have to sacrifice the current SM and order another from Cargo, so be it.

Also, if the emitters die while you're setting up the singulo, it's likely only a stage two or a weak stage three at most. If it's stage one or two, it won't move, and you can just let it sit while you go set up the SM. If it's stage three, that's when you have to worry. But, if you've filled completely all the plasma tanks in the rad collectors and you set up the SMESs quick, you will likely get power going before the emitters die out. If the SM escapes at that point its either a tator's fault or you messed up one of the above two things. Grid check no longer depowers the emitters, so you're safe there.

TL;DR: get gud, practice safe engineering.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24037 on: April 13, 2016, 10:28:44 pm »

Also that. The station can get by on solars, and you've got about a 60-70% chance of the singulo leaving the SM and SMES rooms untouched, so if you have to sacrifice the current SM and order another from Cargo, so be it.

Also, if the emitters die while you're setting up the singulo, it's likely only a stage two or a weak stage three at most. If it's stage one or two, it won't move, and you can just let it sit while you go set up the SM. If it's stage three, that's when you have to worry. But, if you've filled completely all the plasma tanks in the rad collectors and you set up the SMESs quick, you will likely get power going before the emitters die out. If the SM escapes at that point its either a tator's fault or you messed up one of the above two things. Grid check no longer depowers the emitters, so you're safe there.

TL;DR: get gud, practice safe engineering.
Spacing is broken, the SM never gets launched. Detonating takes too long with a active singularity raging nearby. Realistically, do you think they would have the singulo and the supermatter so close together? I just want the damm thing in a box on the other side of engineering or something, or it has to be ordered from cargo.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24038 on: April 13, 2016, 10:51:50 pm »

Spacing is broken, the SM never gets launched. Detonating takes too long with a active singularity raging nearby. Realistically, do you think they would have the singulo and the supermatter so close together? I just want the damm thing in a box on the other side of engineering or something, or it has to be ordered from cargo.

Open the vents then launch, I just did it a couple days ago, it works fine. And they don't know that singularity + SM = end of the world, so I think it's a fair assumption. Either way, you don't need both running. Pick the one you're best at and do it right. I stick to the singulo when playing engi because it's what I know best.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24039 on: April 14, 2016, 02:19:25 am »

There should be some precaution taken besides 'Don't use both', surely.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24040 on: April 14, 2016, 02:27:24 am »

The best precaution is monitering the engines regularly and knowing the full extent of your abilities as an engineer. You can easily run both. The singulo you can set up and forget about, you just need to set it up properly. Make sure you drop the rad shields too. It's not too hard, people just overestimate their skill as an engineer. just the other day i managed to set up the emitters and gens for the singulo as a drone while a stage two sing was sitting there. SM I know less about, and wouldn't even touch it. If another engi messed it up I'd just launch it and switch to the sing. but either way you should pop in and check on the engines via the cameras in the monitering room at least a couple times in the round.

If you want to take all the precautions, just go hard on the Solars and forget about he ngines, but that's lame.

In conclusion, singulo is god, know your limits, get good.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24041 on: April 14, 2016, 02:36:00 am »

Supermatter is piss easy to set up now compared to what it was before. All you need to do is to fill both the hot and cold loops with 2 of the red canisters, turn the pumps to full and shoot the supermatter 8 times. Also need to turn on the filters north of the ports and attach an empty canister but other then that you don't need to worry about it unless someone messes with it like opening the core door or something dumb like that.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24042 on: April 14, 2016, 05:40:11 am »

All that said, TBH, I think it'd make sense to introduce a dice roll so that it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

It was introduced on BS12 in a much different environment - you need to do a lot of work to end the universe, so having it fluke out because of RNGesus would feel cheap.

Here, you have all the components ready, it's only a matter of lucking out with the whims of Lord Singuloth, and even that's if you don't get a beacon.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24043 on: April 14, 2016, 09:34:50 am »

If you want to handle the Cascade issue just tear the PA apart and scatter its parts all around the station.

No more singularity.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #24044 on: April 14, 2016, 12:58:54 pm »

Even without knowing about the cascade, I think the SM's explosion if, for some reason, it doesn't get ejected being able to destroy part of the PA would be reason enough not to have the two so close. Seems a bit silly to have two engines close enough that they can both destroy each other (read: the SM explosion can break the PA) if something goes wrong. But I 'unno though.
Take a closer look at this text!
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 1654