Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123192 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2385 on: March 27, 2013, 09:09:53 pm »

Huh, what other maps can you be sent to from the gateway? Do you end up getting that free case of beer mentioned in the pamphlet?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: March 27, 2013, 09:32:06 pm »

Redfox told us to bug vactor about fixing the gateway.

DO EET! Maybe make it admin activate-able only so we don't end up with people leaving the station every round.

Why would he do that?  Its an unfinished TG thing, I've got nothing to do with it.

It does actually work, as we figured out on Android's server the other day, but you have to tweak it a bit. I believe (don't hold me to this) that the reason it hasn't been fully implemented on /tg/ is that there aren't many maps made for it (like 7 or 8) and of those, about half are broken completely. Although, the exile implants do work, and the beach Z-Level would be a decent place to be exiled to. But really, if we're sticking this close to /tg/ it's not worth implementing. Unless we have enough dedicated BYOND coders to make our own branch, as was suggested in the OP, it's not going to happen until /tg/ does it.

What do the exile implants DO? I've given them to random braindead people on empty servers, but they don't appear to do anything.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: March 27, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

Huh, what other maps can you be sent to from the gateway? Do you end up getting that free case of beer mentioned in the pamphlet?

Hehehe, if you go to the beach map, yes. There's some battle ones, a wild west one, a completely borked winter one, and some others. The exile implants make it so you can go through the gateway, but you can't come back.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 27, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »

I did something. I'm not entirely proud of it. I won't elaborate, but several others probably will.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: March 27, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »

"MURDER RAGE HAAATE" - Clown, directed at me

We broke the clown!

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: March 27, 2013, 10:27:48 pm »

Spoiler: Gateway stuff (click to show/hide)

More on topic : Army of mechs is pretty sweet. Chasing clowns with it less so. Seeing them drilled is worth it though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: March 27, 2013, 10:37:20 pm »

The life and times of Dominik Hunt, Station Engineer.
I setup the engine and solars. Fixed a bunch of holes in the hull. Fixed some bomb damage. No Chief during this time. Then got almost everything I needed (including a transporter beacon) and stuck myself in the disposal mass driver for SPACE ADVENTURE TIME at derelict station. *oof* Hit it dead on. Wired up the solars in the top right. Powered stuff up. Left the beacon near solars. Wandered around. Found Alec, the CE, doing fuck all outside the derelict chapel. I dragged his corpse in and saw that he had a jetpack on. Went looking for the pirate radio station and didn't find it. Went looking for the derelict teleporter and didn't find it. Decided to just head south, calling out on the radio, until I could hear people again. My jetpack ran out and I drifted into a red wall. Figured out I was at the asteroid. Found the resin wall the miners had broken into and followed the trail back to the main mining outpost. Saw blood everywhere from the mass murder scene earlier in the round. The AI worked the doors and shuttle to get me home. Pulled out the intelliCard I had found on the derelict. Got the AI. Ran for a pod on arrivals, sloughing off my suit to go faster. Had to drop my toolbox with the God Emperor of Mankind disk in it to juggle my gear. I just barely made it into a pod before I was on my back with the AI in the pod. Whooo!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:39:50 pm by BigD145 »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: March 27, 2013, 10:53:53 pm »

Spoiler: Gateway stuff (click to show/hide)

Yup, that's the thing. I dunno why the winter one is so messed, but a lot of them are just not complete. Although there is a few you could implement. Beach seems to be the most complete one IMO.

EDIT: Committing my changes to the SVN as I write this. And it's committed. I'll try to get it up with the Git tomorrow, but take a look at the SVN.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:49:46 pm by Glloyd »

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: March 28, 2013, 04:51:24 am »

What in hells-name-sorta-damage do slimes even do?! Sometimes it was brute, but eventually I was stuck on 40% health, and being told I had been "imperfectly cloned", despite not even being cloned. -_-
In other news, I did finally figure out how to breed those things without dying. Most of the time. :D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 28, 2013, 05:00:56 am »

Yeah, slimes seem to do clone damage, wich can only be healed by cyro tubes. If somebody could ever be arsed to make some cloneadexone and mix it in so you don't have to chillax in there for 5 hours.

Either way, you nearly got me there last time, Andrea, but you would've been found out anyway, consindering that the detective was already scanning the blood on the knife. I wonder how the fuck he actually got a chance to cut you before he died, as you stabbed him with the parapen.

Quite the scene tough. If you hear over the radio that the blood belongs to the person right next to you, and at that point you fall down due to chloral/parapen, your murderer leaves the room, presumably to get more stuff, and a minute later you hear flashes and laser shots without actually knowing what's going on, then, when you wake up, you see the quartermaster standing in one corner and an engineering borg in another, the CMO locked in between two walls.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: March 28, 2013, 05:13:56 am »

he didn't get a chance to cut me. that was my knife, and his blood. although I guess I might have hurt myself at some point.
and who cares if they knew a murderer was acting as CMO? I would have went away with your ID and clothes ,stole the teleporter, and armed myself.
in fact, being discovered as CMO is why  I really needed to kill you at that time. so I could get a bit more breath room.
by the way. in the backpack I had a poisoned pizza. sadly, it was never eaten.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 28, 2013, 06:32:11 am »

Weird, the chef you killed invited me for a pizza.

And honestly, it would have been noticeable. You were dealing with white-eyes-long-white-hair-and-beard BOB JAMES.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 28, 2013, 06:55:37 am »

Sandbox is fun.  :D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: March 28, 2013, 07:51:52 am »

Phazons are awesome as fuck. Infinite battery + pulse rifle + repair droid + phasing? Fuck yes.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: March 28, 2013, 09:20:47 am »

I did something I AM proud of.

I gibbed the drugged up clown! :D

So... do griefing rules just not apply for/against the clown?  I don't see any entries anywhere saying you can just do whatever you want as the clown, or to the clown.  In that round, the clown was annoying (of course, that's his job), but he wasn't hurting anyway, just pushing people and disarming them.  Then he was drugged till he passed out, and beaten up, and eventually murdered? As the janitor, i tried to intervene, but there wasn't really anything I could do.  I imagine I would have been called a griefer if I had just killed the people breaking space law.

Well, I was thinking about playing a clown sometimes, but if that's how it works, screw that.   I know the guy playing the clown that round did not like it.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1654