Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123337 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2355 on: March 27, 2013, 11:47:33 am »

Hehehe, yup. The posters in there are randomly chosen from the 10(?) contraband posters, so that may not always be there.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: March 27, 2013, 12:24:56 pm »

So, earlier I was just hanging around, playing HoP as usual. And then the idea struck me, I'd become a super hero! Queue the basic plot to Kickass here. I got myself kitted up in an outfit no one would recognize me in, gave myself an all access pass named The Batman and went and put a renaming script in the comms system. After quite a bit of time I was ready. I was the hero of the station. Nothing was going to stop me... Other than perhaps that traitor running around with a full compliment of security equipment.
So, I ran into this guy in the bar, when I realised he was well equipped for taking people down I made a sort of hasty uuhh. Tactical retreat? Basically, I didn't want to give him a free shot, and as he was busy fumbling a stun baton and trying to get into the kitchen, I managed to make my escape into the darkness.
But then, just as I was searching for the research director to hand over my card and call it a day, he found me again, and this time he was ready. I definitely was not. I got stunned and dragged to the R&D toxins firing range, but just as I was about to not get fired out of the powered down mass driver, I got my chance, I stood up. He grabbed me, I grabbed him, there was a struggle and I managed to knock him out first.

There I was expecting to get the award for least robust Batman ever, when actually I was able to foil my first traitor. I tip my hat to you, my worthy adversary, for awhile you had me beat. If you had stunned me again, you might have managed to get as far as to find out the power was out in that room, just I did moments later. Either way, it was a good fight and I thank you for it.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: March 27, 2013, 12:39:33 pm »

Android is apparantly against moving research to the asteroid. Could've said that when we hadn't put a lot of work into it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: March 27, 2013, 12:44:54 pm »

Are you making that Engineering in the asteroid while playing or are you making a map, miauw?

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: March 27, 2013, 12:47:04 pm »

Android is apparantly against moving research to the asteroid. Could've said that when we hadn't put a lot of work into it.
It's only 15 or so + hours of my life, Nothing to major. I still want to add the Johnny Bravo Hat. And update the Permabrige.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: March 27, 2013, 12:49:18 pm »

Why are people always muddling Bridge with Brig?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: March 27, 2013, 12:51:36 pm »

So, earlier I was just hanging around, playing HoP as usual. And then the idea struck me, I'd become a super hero! Queue the basic plot to Kickass here. I got myself kitted up in an outfit no one would recognize me in, gave myself an all access pass named The Batman and went and put a renaming script in the comms system. After quite a bit of time I was ready. I was the hero of the station. Nothing was going to stop me... Other than perhaps that traitor running around with a full compliment of security equipment.
So, I ran into this guy in the bar, when I realised he was well equipped for taking people down I made a sort of hasty uuhh. Tactical retreat? Basically, I didn't want to give him a free shot, and as he was busy fumbling a stun baton and trying to get into the kitchen, I managed to make my escape into the darkness.
But then, just as I was searching for the research director to hand over my card and call it a day, he found me again, and this time he was ready. I definitely was not. I got stunned and dragged to the R&D toxins firing range, but just as I was about to not get fired out of the powered down mass driver, I got my chance, I stood up. He grabbed me, I grabbed him, there was a struggle and I managed to knock him out first.

There I was expecting to get the award for least robust Batman ever, when actually I was able to foil my first traitor. I tip my hat to you, my worthy adversary, for awhile you had me beat. If you had stunned me again, you might have managed to get as far as to find out the power was out in that room, just I did moments later. Either way, it was a good fight and I thank you for it.

Thanks. Actually, you were my assassination target but I somehow didn't realise that Batman and the HoP were one and the same... even though there were only 4 people on the station. First time traitoring - I have it set to "no" but got picked anyway. Definitely a fun game for me, though I'll have to practice strangling for next time

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: March 27, 2013, 01:00:43 pm »

Any particular reason?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: March 27, 2013, 01:18:05 pm »

Any particular reason?

Maybe we should have a vote towards it, it seems like people are receptive towards the idea, so it getting stopped because of one person doesn't seem fair TBH.

Anyways, I added the Illicit Wing to Nienhaus's map, it seems like people enjoy the idea of that as well.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:20:10 pm by Glloyd »

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 27, 2013, 01:18:48 pm »

Thanks. Actually, you were my assassination target but I somehow didn't realise that Batman and the HoP were one and the same... even though there were only 4 people on the station. First time traitoring - I have it set to "no" but got picked anyway. Definitely a fun game for me, though I'll have to practice strangling for next time
I had really been hoping that you hadn't noticed that, because if that had been your initial tactic I probably wouldn't have stood a chance at all.
Now it's out there though, I guess I should point out that strangling is damned strong. Now if only you could strangle Xenos, maybe Aliums might be a fair fight.

Also, I was really proud of my secret identity UNTIL SOMEONE GAVE IT AWAY IN OOC.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 27, 2013, 01:29:38 pm »

Any particular reason?

Maybe we should have a vote towards it, it seems like people are receptive towards the idea, so it getting stopped because of one person doesn't seem fair TBH.

Anyways, I added the Illicit Wing to Nienhaus's map, it seems like people enjoy the idea of that as well.

I can see how research on the asteroid could work, but I'm not for it.

The Illicit Wing sounds fun. It could spice up a relatively slow round WHEN PEOPLE ARE ALL "I HAVE A SURPRISE JUST WAIT A BIT 2 hours".

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 27, 2013, 01:46:26 pm »

The Illicit Wing sounds fun. It could spice up a relatively slow round WHEN PEOPLE ARE ALL "I HAVE A SURPRISE JUST WAIT A BIT 2 hours".
It also gives people more reason to play Librarian. If you know what I mean.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: March 27, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

We'll still need to implent the penal colony tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: March 27, 2013, 02:06:27 pm »

It also gives people more reason to play Librarian. If you know what I mean.
Is the database working?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: March 27, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »

don't you hate it when you, as a traitor, begin to murder somebody and need to be very quick to avoid being discovered, and phone rings, twice?
probably they would have caught me anyway, but I hate situations like this :(

edit: at least, it seems I managed to mightly confuse some people by swapping clothes.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:26:08 pm by andrea »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 1654