Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122715 times)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2340 on: March 27, 2013, 09:05:37 am »

Question, Should I get rid of the Atmos techs? Also Vactor did you see my email?

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: March 27, 2013, 09:10:44 am »

Question, Should I get rid of the Atmos techs? Also Vactor did you see my email?

I think the position fills a role, as an engineer in training.  A bit of a middle ground between assistant and station engineer.  And no, I didn't see any emails, when did you send it?
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:01 am »

I don't see how you can learn engineering by being an atmos tech. Just hop in as engineer and ask the CE, because the CE is basically a glorified engineer with a suit that's 5 times more badass than yours.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: March 27, 2013, 09:23:08 am »

I think the position fills a role, as an engineer in training.  A bit of a middle ground between assistant and station engineer.  And no, I didn't see any emails, when did you send it?
I never sent it I just said it after you asked for it, I'll just PM you.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: March 27, 2013, 09:25:05 am »

Maybe if you give Atmos Techs some hardsuits, they wouldn't be totally useless. After a bomb goes off or something, they could be tasked with fixing the pipes, and restoring the atmosphere.  The thing is, there's just so much overlap with station engineers.  Anyway, I don't see any reason to get rid of it, but I also would never pick it as a job.

They're supposed to be firefighters too... but how often does a fire happen that's not a station ending disaster? 

I guess it's similar to cargo techs. They're just stripped down QMs, with no QM office access or mining access.  Although at least they do have all the tools they need to do their job.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: March 27, 2013, 09:29:11 am »

Oh I think that was KG that asked for your email address.  I don't actually manage the repository, I just pull from it.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:22 am »

Oh I think that was KG that asked for your email address.  I don't actually manage the repository, I just pull from it.
Ah fuck I can't think straight anymore. Sorry.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: March 27, 2013, 10:11:47 am »

Okay, in regards to the illicit wing: If I do add atmos, it won't show an air alarm in ghetto surgery, it'd show one in fore port maintenence, because of the crafty designers... hehehe. Nienhaus, I added it to your map, along with the fixes to the disposals in the heads of staff meeting room, and also found three instances of step_y in your .dmm file. I deleted them, but if any changes are made, you're going to have to go through it again. I'll upload it later today and send it to you.

In other news, I wrote up some lore for the Illicit Wing, and here it is: "Woven into the very fabric of Space Station 13 is the so called "Illicit Wing." Created over the years by a mismatched team of bored engineers, harassed assistants, botanists who didn't understand why nobody was "cool" with them, persecuted clowns and very shady doctors, the Illicit Wing is the sole destination for those looking to have a good time on the sly. Considered a joke by some, and a rumour by many, it's been known to house all sorts of colourful characters, such as KarmaKarp cultists, ex Peoples Republic of Space Station 13 "comrades," assistants looking for a good time and some easy money, and there are even rumours of Syndicate operatives making it their home. Hard to learn about, and even harder to find, the Illicit Wing, sits under the completely unaware noses of Security and the Heads of Staff. Although, some say that the detective has been known to go trolling for information in the seedy depths of the illicit wing... Real or not, the Illicit Wing will serve as a gathering place for all the scum of SS13 for years to come..."

So yeah. Also, here's a picture of what it looks like ingame, standing in the doorway of the ghetto surgery. That crate in the corner is labeled anesthetic, and is filled with whiskey.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For those that noticed: Yes, that is a human heart on the northwest counter, and yes, that is a can of Dr. Gibb, hehehe.

EDIT: Someone mentioned jobs for the Illicit Wing earlier, this is a longterm goal for me, I think a good place to start would be to add a second bartender who spawns in the strip bar. The doors behind the counter and the windoor are already bartender level access. But to be a stripper, you don't need any access. As it stands, there is a way to get there even if you have no maintenance access, I'll leave it to you guys to find the hidden path in primary tool storage.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:19:16 am by Glloyd »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2348 on: March 27, 2013, 10:17:02 am »

Ah fuck I can't think straight anymore. Sorry.

No worries, I got you added to the svn.  You'll want to talk to Android about the git repo.

KG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: March 27, 2013, 10:18:36 am »

Hm, is there any way to hide the area layer in dreammaker?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: March 27, 2013, 10:21:58 am »

Go into the layers tab, check off area, then check off "Only show selectable layers"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:59:39 am by Glloyd »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: March 27, 2013, 11:15:02 am »

The first thing would be to sort out everything ahead of time with the people who will be showing up, and give them scummy backgrounds/motivations etc. Doesn't have to be complicated, but just a general idea so that we can get some cool conflicts happening. Anybody who just shows up later gets... something. At the very least the admins should message them so that they know what's going on. At the most a traitor/antag role.

Second idea would be to simply give everyone an antag role, with the idea being that everyone will roleplay to be as scummy as possible, so mass murder/destruction would be a no-no.

You can combine these two, I think. Don't give EVERYONE traitor roles, just give several of them traitor/changeling/etc roles, but non-lethal objectives that can be fulfilled through the Illicit Access. Then, have the Admin Witches give everyone else some sort of 'Subtle Whisper' motivation/etc, such as "You are highly, highly addicted to Space Drugs. You NEED them." or "You absolutely NEED security equipment." Or "You have a burning desire to go get drunk and stare at naked women like... ALL shift." Stuff like that, faults, weaknesses, etc.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:34 am »

The final version of the illicit wing: What it looks like in game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT (Just details about what was changed): I ended up making the atmos system completely independent, so that means the party can go on, even as the AI floods the station with plasma  8)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:37:46 am by Glloyd »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: March 27, 2013, 11:43:42 am »

Hehe, The Lusty Xenomorph Maid?

Also, slowly making progress on Engineering in the asteroid. But very slowly.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:50:49 am by miauw62 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: March 27, 2013, 11:47:21 am »

Hehe, The Lusty Xenomorph Maid?

Aw yeah. How much for a lap dance? How much more for an egg in my lap? I like being tied down with a little deep throat.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 1654