Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122746 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2325 on: March 27, 2013, 02:13:16 am »

You might be surprised.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: March 27, 2013, 02:15:00 am »

Getting a strip show going in the first place would be some feat.
I'd be mostly breaking the awkwardness barrier, I think. And making sure that it doesn't turn into an adult movie, of course. And making sure that everyone would be fine with- Yeah, it'd be a bit of a feat.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: March 27, 2013, 02:16:27 am »

Welp you may be in luck(Or Not, matters how you think) I can't get it to work.
Also does anyone know how solars work. And will I be giving the map with the Illicit wing?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: March 27, 2013, 02:43:34 am »

So, how would you guys want scumbag round to work out even? Everyone having some kind of traitor objective, gangs, etc. Because if you really want to do something like it, we can make it happen.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: March 27, 2013, 03:05:13 am »

I have a few several ideas.

The first thing would be to sort out everything ahead of time with the people who will be showing up, and give them scummy backgrounds/motivations etc. Doesn't have to be complicated, but just a general idea so that we can get some cool conflicts happening. Anybody who just shows up later gets... something. At the very least the admins should message them so that they know what's going on. At the most a traitor/antag role.

Second idea would be to simply give everyone an antag role, with the idea being that everyone will roleplay to be as scummy as possible, so mass murder/destruction would be a no-no.

Third idea would be to designate several gang leaders at round start, and use admin witchery to give them goals or something. Basically an RP rev round with multiple revolutions going on at the same time.

Fourth would be to have cult/rev going on at the same time if possible, to simulate two gangs + security. The main problem being, of course, having different round types based on converting going on at the same time. They might not work nicely with each other.

I see two main problems with scumbag round:

First, getting the shuttle called. Obviously the shuttle will have to be called at some point, but it can't be too soon/late. A corrupt Head selling the service would be an idea, so long as the other heads would interfere. Having everyone swarm the computer might work too, or we could end on consensus or something. Oh, and a point to make: Nobody should have the "Nobody should escape on the shuttle" objective. It would ruin the feel of the thing, I think. Unless only one person had it, and needed to recruit people to enforce it. Hmm...

Secondly, the jobs in the illicit wing. How are we going to handle them? First come, first serve? Work it all out beforehand? How?

Personally I'd love to see 1/2, with 3 when things get dull. At the very least we should work out some basic backstory beforehand.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: March 27, 2013, 03:12:33 am »

I have a few several ideas.

The first thing would be to sort out everything ahead of time with the people who will be showing up, and give them scummy backgrounds/motivations etc. Doesn't have to be complicated, but just a general idea so that we can get some cool conflicts happening. Anybody who just shows up later gets... something. At the very least the admins should message them so that they know what's going on. At the most a traitor/antag role.
Sounds alright.

Second idea would be to simply give everyone an antag role, with the idea being that everyone will roleplay to be as scummy as possible, so mass murder/destruction would be a no-no.
I'd prefer if we didn't do that.

Third idea would be to designate several gang leaders at round start, and use admin witchery to give them goals or something. Basically an RP rev round with multiple revolutions going on at the same time.
I like this idea, but in order to have a gang kind of gamemode you need a large security team to keep the peace.

Secondly, the jobs in the illicit wing. How are we going to handle them? First come, first serve? Work it all out beforehand? How?
People who have proven to be excellent roleplayers should be able to do it. Considering they'll be the ones practically running the illicit wing, I'd really only trust those kinds of people.

Oh and a separate idea I remembered. The whole nation gamemode that's on the /tg/station wiki. Although we'd definitely need a lot more players to run that game, as opposed to the scumbag round.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #2331 on: March 27, 2013, 03:16:18 am »

For the solars: Each solar (and the solar tracker and computer) have an ID that has to be consistant for the control. Also all the solar stuff has to have cables connecting them to a powernet.
1=0

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: March 27, 2013, 03:23:51 am »

For the solars: Each solar (and the solar tracker and computer) have an ID that has to be consistant for the control. Also all the solar stuff has to have cables connecting them to a powernet.
I will have your babies, Thank you
I hate solars, It' still now working.
I'm also adding Johnny Bravos hair, Which is called a pompadour.
It's now a hat

Edit again, I also seem to not be able to fix the jumping tile movement.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:17:29 am by Nienhaus »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: March 27, 2013, 06:56:21 am »

Hehe, just let me take care of Engineering on the shuttle. I'm generally a pretty good engineer, and I'll figure it out. Especially with Elec's tip.

Also, that lizard round was awesome. BOB JAMES is now officialy a QUEUEUEUEIST.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: March 27, 2013, 07:40:46 am »

I think the server is fine the way it is now, public servers are too chaotic in my opinion.

Damiac.
Spoiler: Atmos rant (click to show/hide)

I'm not understanding your rant.  My point is that if engineers get full atmos access, then if you pick atmos tech you're just a stripped down engineer with less access.  And engineers do have full access now, it just happened last week.
Basically, my point is that by making that change, you've effectively gotten rid of atmos techs, because really, who would pick it now?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: March 27, 2013, 08:56:50 am »

I agree with Damiac. Atmos techs are basically engineers with less to do, and less posibilities because they don't have hardsuits.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: March 27, 2013, 08:58:58 am »

There is too many possible jobs that fall under 'scientist' to drop it to two. Just a toxins guy and a xenobiologist will lock out any useful R&D with that sort of low cap, unless one or the other clears out R&D first, or the RD does it. If we have an RD.
Multiple miners is always better than one.

Cargo tech though, as far as I know its basically Assistant with bonus access and supply channel access, but you still can't order things yourself.

The heck you talking about? Cargo Techs can order whatever they want. Quartermaster acts as a sort of pseudo-head for all of supply. He doesn't get bridge access, but he gets access to Cargo Bay and Mining. Cargo techs can do a heck of a lot. It's just that the head of supply (heh heh) tends to stick around Cargo Bay, so it's difficult to order stuff without the QM knowing and telling you off.

Also, on a side note, holy shit, supply is totally the best place for cults and revolutionaries. They've got it made there. SERIOUSLY. You want your cult/revolution to do well? Go hit up supply for recruits. Especially since the quartermaster technically isn't a head of staff.
What I'd been talking about was mostly that last part. Usually if theres any cargo techs at all, QM was already taken. And QMs seem to really like hanging around watching their supply console.

This is again relevant from earlier posts.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: March 27, 2013, 08:59:16 am »

Yeah, atmos techs would make more sense on a station with a gas-based power generation system. But as things stand... what's the point?

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: March 27, 2013, 09:01:33 am »

This is again relevant from earlier posts.
[/quote]You should see how many I have on the file, I'll have yo sit there for like an hour to do it, So I'm going to wait untill a bit before I need to release it done.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: March 27, 2013, 09:02:46 am »

The issue was that we rarely had atmos techs(at least not ones that understood atmos), so the engineers would just bug the CE or the AI to open the door for them.

Atmos techs were a lousy version of an engineer before, its just that the game restricted access to force them into usefulness.

**edit: A big reason for their uselessness is the lack of hardsuits.  What use are they in repairing depressurized areas of the station if they can't operate in a depressurized environment?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:04:27 am by Vactor »
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 1654