Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117877 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22995 on: August 30, 2015, 07:45:45 am »

The fighters sound pretty cool though. Are they like mechs (code-wise) in space, somekind like CVRs are big mechs on treads?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22996 on: August 30, 2015, 07:47:34 am »

BFEL - you could've just as well used an airtank, and you started with one.

That's what I DID do. THE WHOLE TIME I PLAYED I WAS USING THAT AIR TANK. It ran out of air right around the time we had failed three times over and one person was sorta figuring out what we were there for finally. And then I waited to either finally fully suffocate or be told how to turn my air on.

The fighters sound pretty cool though. Are they like mechs (code-wise) in space, somekind like CVRs are big mechs on treads?
They are very much mechs in space. You apparently use the exosuit menu (because everyone knows that's an actual thing) to TURN ON YOUR LIFE SUPPORT.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:49:12 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #22997 on: August 30, 2015, 07:50:16 am »

That's what I DID do. THE WHOLE TIME I PLAYED I WAS USING THAT AIR TANK. It ran out of air right around the time we had failed three times over and one person was sorta figuring out what we were there for finally. And then I waited to either finally fully suffocate or be told how to turn my air on.

They are very much mechs in space. You apparently use the exosuit menu (because everyone knows that's an actual thing) to TURN ON YOUR LIFE SUPPORT.
TBH, if it has exosuit menu you should know that you need to turn the air on, as mechs have that off on default.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22998 on: August 30, 2015, 07:55:25 am »

Also, quite frankly I was a bit sad that with the teased different faction goals it boiled down to each team doing their own thing, I hoped for intra-defender conflict.
Seemed a little hard pressed for there to be time or effort available for factional conflict. "Holy shit that's a lot of aliens. We're all going to die!" Seems more like what was available. Now, i the threat seemed more distant and the teams had time to jockey or position, and maybe if each faction was independently given some clue what their long term objectives respective of the other factions was ...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22999 on: August 30, 2015, 08:04:41 am »

Also, quite frankly I was a bit sad that with the teased different faction goals it boiled down to each team doing their own thing, I hoped for intra-defender conflict.
Seemed a little hard pressed for there to be time or effort available for factional conflict. "Holy shit that's a lot of aliens. We're all going to die!" Seems more like what was available. Now, i the threat seemed more distant and the teams had time to jockey or position, and maybe if each faction was independently given some clue what their long term objectives respective of the other factions was ...
Well, the first thing was that at least one of the factions never even got to meet the other two by design. That was actually part of the source of confusion - I thought the planet icon may be a disguised teleport to ground Z-level for boots on the ground support at first - BTW, making almost the entire dogfight zone take place over the planet icon may help a lot with the navigation, because you'll have reference points, at least more than you have over endless space tiles.

The other was that, at least for Navy, the admins playing officers weren't told about said goals beforehand either.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23000 on: August 30, 2015, 08:48:50 am »

TBH, if it has exosuit menu you should know that you need to turn the air on, as mechs have that off on default.
Ok, but not everyone has USED A MECH BEFORE. I sure hadn't. Granted I'm fairly new, but it seems like a dick move at best to give us space fighters and not tell us in advance how to turn the air on, just in case newbies (of which there are a lot of) don't know how to do something so completely essential.

I get that in SS13 failing at things like this are half the fun, but that's in a normal round and not "Super serious plot relevant space battle"

Indeed, I do this.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23001 on: August 30, 2015, 10:01:34 pm »

Feeding muh nokolai.

(Its nokolai's sleeper meat)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23002 on: August 31, 2015, 06:11:49 am »

<3 LOVE CAN BLOOM ON THE STATION
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23003 on: August 31, 2015, 07:15:45 am »

No love pls, erp is banned.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23004 on: August 31, 2015, 08:06:16 am »

BRB bugging Glloyd to legalize ERP.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #23005 on: August 31, 2015, 08:23:59 am »

Legalize ERP and Tajarans 2015.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23006 on: August 31, 2015, 11:20:10 am »

While daydreaming at my job this morning I imagined playing a wizard round where I convince the heads of staff I'm there from the future to "Prevent the birth of the Demon Lord" who is apparently conceived on the station during the round after a "ERP virus" infects the crew.

As much as I want that to be a thing I doubt the admins would go for it :P

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23007 on: August 31, 2015, 11:22:21 am »

That could actually be an interesting Cult variant - less CTHULHU FHTAGN and more Rosemary's Baby.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #23008 on: August 31, 2015, 11:58:52 am »

ERP virus could be considered both IIC and OOC "Rape" as it's essentially forcing people to ERP. Pretty bad if someone doesn't want to. Would be better if they didin't actually have to ERP but rather... do suggestive stuff.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23009 on: August 31, 2015, 12:06:02 pm »

ERP virus could be considered both IIC and OOC "Rape" as it's essentially forcing people to ERP. Pretty bad if someone doesn't want to. Would be better if they didin't actually have to ERP but rather... do suggestive stuff.
The actual problem with ERP is ghosts and admins. You may be hidden out of sight of everyone on the white ship or whatever... but the dead know not peace from your dickings.
Pages: 1 ... 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 ... 1654