Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1503 1504 [1505] 1506 1507 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126164 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22560 on: July 11, 2015, 10:48:51 am »

Anyone want to post a recap of that election round yesterday?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22561 on: July 11, 2015, 12:49:02 pm »

Election round? That sounds fun.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22562 on: July 11, 2015, 01:05:14 pm »

Oh god, that round. We started out the round without a captain, and everyone on the station decided to hold an election. Nokolai Utkin decided it would be fun to try to campaign, got her best dress, and walked up to the Meeting room. Three questions were asked by the AI to us candidates. The candidates were, from left to right in the Meeting Hall seats: Sir Beeps A Lot, Red Calcif, Nokolai Utkin, Thet Raytor, Petra Belrose, and lastly, Colton Kadel, who decided to sit in a stool to show her support of the people. Our three questions on policies onboard the station were asked: Sir Beeps A Lot took to what his laws interpreted as the right policies, Red Calcif and Nokolai Utkin's answers sounded communistic, Thet Raytor took a more economic approach, and Petra Belrose took a route of helping our station become the best station. After the votes were tallied up, it was discovered that...Beeps won? Sir Beeps A Lot won the vote!? It cannot be!

I don't speak for everybody here, but what Nokolai did was get angry. She broke windows, screamed her displeasures, and marched onto Security to demand something done about this. After breaking a window when not getting a satisfied answer, she was suddenly flashed, handcuffed, and thrown into the interrogation room. Nokolai manages to bust out of the buckler before Petra Belrose walks in, with two security officers waiting by the door to guard. Nokolai exclaims a question as to why Petra continues this injustice in allowing Beeps, which therefore would be the AI, to win the vote. One of the officers calls Petra...Stattfuhrer? They somehow managed to disable the AI.

What followed was a rather forceful interrogation, in which Nokolai was told that she actually won the vote. When no one else was looking Petra changed the votes so the AI would win instead, not, in Petra's words, an "Upstart little lizard bitch who thinks she can run a human station better than a human can". She starts to whittle down Nokolai with words, at one point aiming a gun at Nokolai when she breaks free of the chair and tries to flee away from her. After torturing her for a good half hour in Interrogation, she is thrown into a jail cell, seeing that the windows were walled in so no one could see the horrors inside...

Things have to be really bad if someone is desperate enough for freedom to chew their own hand off to bust the cuffs. Which Nokolai tried to do, but failed to do nothing but get even further abuse from the Officers. These beatings continued until she broke and called out for the one person she used to depend on when they worked here. She called out for Sinathii Vargos. Being beaten half to death leaves her hazed, whereupon one officer, Victor Fraser, gave enough kindness when the others left to take her to Medical. There, she found Red Calcif, who tended to her injuries as a delusional Nokolai asked why Sinathii Vargos didn't save her from the monsters.

When she was lucid enough to stand back up against the mind-numbing pain of the shift's events, she hid from the others in panic, eventually finding Petra's ID card in a hallway and using it to steal one of the pods out. All she could do then on was cry, up until the pod reached a Nanotrasen Recovery Shuttle.

All in all, it was a fun round.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #22563 on: July 11, 2015, 01:52:02 pm »

Yeah, getting brutally discriminated, tortured and abused leads to some very engaging roleplay. That's why I play Unathi pretty often. If only I didn't make mistakes with them so often and inadvertently put them in positions of power. Today, Tina Morris got called "ma'am" by the motherlovin' captain, and at that moment I knew I had carped it up.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22565 on: July 11, 2015, 08:28:05 pm »

I'l be honest, I convinced Rain to pay me 10 bucks to vote for Sir Beeps a Lot but I'm pretty sure it was rigged either way. Mass civil unrest ensues, Brandon Flickenger the HoP arrives to this chaos. I eventually become the botanist, over PDA talk to Rain and Brandon and hear rumours of Nokolai being essentially brigged and never seen again by security, who have already seceded from the station. Rain tells me that security attempted to subvert the borg Sir Beeps a Lot to essentially take control of the station, leading to them being blown up remotely by Brandon. He tells me over PDA to go to escape and secure it with walls and tables to create a checkpoint to catch security for their crimes.

Rain, Kane Pritchard and others arrive to help secure escape. Brandon arrives and essentially has the entire armory in his bag, but almost all of the guns are empty except the captain antique laser. Because of the lack of arms he deputizes me and gives me a combat shotgun in order to end rogue security once and for all. We arrive at security, and seize the opportunity to properly protect ourselves with armour from the tactical armory.

Upon entering the security office we see Maximillian Thompson and Petra Belrose geared up in bombsuits and riot gear, when both Brandon and Max throw flashbangs at each other. With a bang both sides are unaffected and security takes cover in the armory while Brandon and I pour fire from the security office. Ultimately security's tasers prove ineffective and when the dust settles both Max and Petra are unconscious in critical condition. By the time we brought them to medbay they both succumbed to their wounds, so we proceeded to the shuttle. We walk into the shuttle in heavy tactical gear, puzzling most of the crew as we drag behind us the bullet-ridden bodies of security. I take off all my gear, sit down  while the crew try to figure out what exactly went so very wrong that shift. The end.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22566 on: July 11, 2015, 10:12:46 pm »

Yeah, getting brutally discriminated, tortured and abused leads to some very engaging roleplay. That's why I play Unathi pretty often. If only I didn't make mistakes with them so often and inadvertently put them in positions of power. Today, Tina Morris got called "ma'am" by the motherlovin' captain, and at that moment I knew I had carped it up.
They may have been spacesouthern... For some southerners, all females are ma'am.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gale212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22567 on: July 12, 2015, 05:02:16 am »

Cultist never again for me.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22568 on: July 12, 2015, 03:03:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The power of talking Russian bear flesh.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22569 on: July 12, 2015, 06:05:29 pm »

Blob.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22571 on: July 13, 2015, 10:40:31 am »

Mapping everyone.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22572 on: July 13, 2015, 01:40:11 pm »

Mapping everyone.
I love how everyone says they are going to map but the only one that actually finished a map was Glloyd.  I have seen the code, is the mapping just as messy and terrible?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22573 on: July 13, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »

I have repeatedly failed to get the necessary bits all together in the same place to map. Mostly, I think, I am missing the Urist source code. Additionally, time and interest move on, when a puzzle remains out of reach, even a supposedly simple one.

In other words, I am incompetent, and my attention wanders.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22574 on: July 13, 2015, 01:49:27 pm »

Mapping everyone.
I love how everyone says they are going to map but the only one that actually finished a map was Glloyd.  I have seen the code, is the mapping just as messy and terrible?
Depends on the scope. The basics are your usual 'pop stuff down on the map' stuff. Then there's more annoying stuff like setting door access requirements and names or wiring/piping.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1503 1504 [1505] 1506 1507 ... 1654