Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122049 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2220 on: March 26, 2013, 07:59:42 am »

Or you could rely on Poly.
Hahahaha no.

Also is that github version even the one being used? It doesn't have our map and immovable rods are disabled, amongst others.

E: Whoops, my bad, wrong folder >_>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:09:00 am by Darvi »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 26, 2013, 08:24:33 am »

I think that is even half in already. Admins get a notice when it breaks loose. Or you could rely on Poly.
We also get a notice when one gets made with no containment.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 26, 2013, 09:20:55 am »

So, where is the newest version with our new asteroid? I'll probably keep the air mix tanks in the maintenance rooms, but have them manual-valved and start closed.

By the way, what about the plan to turn where research used to be into a shuttle dock? It sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

E:
So, we had a crab rocket. We later had an anti-crab hardsuiter. I took over the last crab and fled into the mess arrivals was, found out that crabs can open the pod doors.

Crab rocket. :)

Heh, he was supposed to break into BOB JAMESs office and steal a jumpsuit? Wouldn't have worked. By the time I left I already had him set to arrest, but beepsky never got him for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:41:12 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 26, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

Latest github commit has a violin update. Who's our musicians?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:45 am »

More importantly, does it sound any good? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: March 26, 2013, 10:48:38 am »

Violin update? What is changed, sound files for it? I actually tried to port a song to violin two weeks or so ago.

EDIT: Fixang tyopos.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:57:46 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: March 26, 2013, 10:51:41 am »

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/69

Update of violin's UI, both in terms of functionality issues & bugs, and to update it to the new UI style/system.
Fixed a couple buttons to work before song created, that should, such as import song. Changing tempo works more naturally now.

Update: Also updates piano and now the music and UI code is in the /datum/song so anything can use it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: March 26, 2013, 11:08:38 am »

Err, so where should I go for the research station map?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: March 26, 2013, 11:15:42 am »

Admins knowing when the singularity gets free is of zero use to anybody.  If it's free, it's too late already.

What I mean is if it showed on the power alert computer (and thus also engineering PDA) whether or not the emitters have power.  Or, whether the generators have power.  So if some saboteur decides to cut a wire, shut off SMS outputs, turn off emitters, or whatever else, you get a notice shortly after (or maybe you even have to look for it) saying "Singularity Containment Compromised".  That gives the engineer time to run to engineering and try to get the power/wiring/emitter situation rectified, before it's call the shuttle time.

I just think it's way too easy to get the shuttle called with the simple act of cutting 1 wire, without any real possibility of it getting fixed, unless you get lucky and happen to see the emitters aren't firing before the field goes down.  I know when I'm traitor, that's my go to move for getting the shuttle called. And if you put a beacon somewhere, (And actually turn the damn thing on) it's a guaranteed round ender when the singularity cuts the station in half.

There's really no other guaranteed round ender with no warning like that. Flooding the station with plasma is close, but there are warnings, and time to fix it, before everything's on fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: March 26, 2013, 11:31:12 am »

So I've been looking though bits of the config after that link to tg's github, and now I've got a question for whoever could answer it, since it seems to me (it might not be though, I haven't tried running a server myself) that this would make it easier to get back on before the next round starts if you really wanted a job like AI, etc:
Quote from: two seperate files in one quote
Once that's done, open up the config folder. You'll want to edit config.txt to
set the probabilities for different gamemodes in Secret and to set your server
location so that all your players don't get disconnected at the end of each
round.

## set a server location for world reboot. Don't include the byond://, just give the address and port.
# SERVER ss13.example.com:2506
Does this actually work?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: March 26, 2013, 11:34:37 am »

It does work, and it is how the server is currently set up.  It takes around 30 seconds for the server to reset the round, but usually if you wait it out you'll automatically start in the next round.

(I have seen a couple times where it hung, and i needed to disconnect and reconnect)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: March 26, 2013, 11:36:44 am »

Ah, I guess I was just not waiting long enough then. Cool.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 26, 2013, 11:50:29 am »

Problem with the singulo warning is that we can't easily do this without actually coding pieces ourselves.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 26, 2013, 11:59:00 am »

Err, so where should I go for the research station map?

Nienhaus. He should also have the stuff I added.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 26, 2013, 12:25:48 pm »

Alright.

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1654