Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125591 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22155 on: May 10, 2015, 02:15:15 pm »

Maybe have a paper in perma listing "Prisoner Rights" or something.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22156 on: May 10, 2015, 02:16:11 pm »

Okay, since apparently antags doesn't understand the difference between justified murder and murderboning, here's a little guide from the antag who has never murdered.

1. Are they running towards you and they know you're hostile? Toast the fucker.
2. Have you yelled 'FREEZE' yet? If so and they're still moving, toast the fucker.
3. Are they hostage and people aren't complying? Toast the fucker.
4. Are they clown? Toast the fucker
5. SHOOT THE FUCK OUT OF SECURITY AND COMMAND UNLESS THEY SURRENDER
6. Mercenary's objective is to bomb the station, not kill everyone. Okay, maybe kill all command if you want, but you're still human beings so have some compassion and let the poor civilians get on the shuttle.
7. If they are attacking you, of course toast the fucker.
While I agree that at least some parts of the playerbase are shitlers, kvetching on about antags is back-asswards.

1 & 2 & 3 & 4: Counterpoint - Disarm (and rubber PDA, for clowns). You cannot afford *not* to shoot any potential threat in the face since you're a quick click away from being kill if J. Random Civilian suddenly remembers his l33t sp3ss c0mmand0 training and reks you, a highly trained, armed agent.
5: Pretty much the same thing except this time they don't even need to be in melee range and have numerical superiority.
6: No it isn't. Objectiveless, remember?
7: Duh. All other things aside, if you die, it's basically Extended now, but nobody knows that. And god help you if you get put into perma and locked in a cell with blast doors, might as well ghost.

And that's just traitor/nuke. The thing I mentioned with Cult yesterday - we've been playing a non-overtly-aggressive cult and set up an operations center in the Chapel (admittably, after assassinating the Chaplain since I had no reason he was even there and walked in on that).

After just hanging around and inducting people willing to join after explaining to them the gist of things and demonstrating some tricks, suddenly Captain bursts in, yells about the runes being grafitti after being told those are religious symbols, she started to erase them with a Null Rod. And later tried to confiscate a Soul Shard on the basis of 'I don't know. It could be used to cut someone. It's red.'.

Wizard, ironically, gets it least bad, as it's the one antag that is the most blatantly over most of the time.
I wasn't being sarcastic.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22157 on: May 10, 2015, 02:24:04 pm »

Huh. I'd expect people to err on the side of MURDERDETHBLUDKEEL rather than 'Not the face!'.

Maybe you ran into a surge of BS12 players?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22158 on: May 10, 2015, 02:26:15 pm »

I just think that the reason people murderbone is that "well, what ELSE am I supposed to do?" and I feel that if they actually know when murdering everyone is okay then they'll stop indiscriminately killing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22159 on: May 10, 2015, 03:09:08 pm »

Okay, since apparently antags doesn't understand the difference between justified murder and murderboning, here's a little guide from the antag who has never murdered.

1. Are they running towards you and they know you're hostile? Toast the fucker.
2. Have you yelled 'FREEZE' yet? If so and they're still moving, toast the fucker.
3. Are they hostage and people aren't complying? Toast the fucker.
4. Are they clown? Toast the fucker
5. SHOOT THE FUCK OUT OF SECURITY AND COMMAND UNLESS THEY SURRENDER
6. Mercenary's objective is to bomb the station, not kill everyone. Okay, maybe kill all command if you want, but you're still human beings so have some compassion and let the poor civilians get on the shuttle.
7. If they are attacking you, of course toast the fucker.
While I agree that at least some parts of the playerbase are shitlers, kvetching on about antags is back-asswards.

1 & 2 & 3 & 4: Counterpoint - Disarm (and rubber PDA, for clowns). You cannot afford *not* to shoot any potential threat in the face since you're a quick click away from being kill if J. Random Civilian suddenly remembers his l33t sp3ss c0mmand0 training and reks you, a highly trained, armed agent.
5: Pretty much the same thing except this time they don't even need to be in melee range and have numerical superiority.
6: No it isn't. Objectiveless, remember?
7: Duh. All other things aside, if you die, it's basically Extended now, but nobody knows that. And god help you if you get put into perma and locked in a cell with blast doors, might as well ghost.

And that's just traitor/nuke. The thing I mentioned with Cult yesterday - we've been playing a non-overtly-aggressive cult and set up an operations center in the Chapel (admittably, after assassinating the Chaplain since I had no reason he was even there and walked in on that).

After just hanging around and inducting people willing to join after explaining to them the gist of things and demonstrating some tricks, suddenly Captain bursts in, yells about the runes being grafitti after being told those are religious symbols, she started to erase them with a Null Rod. And later tried to confiscate a Soul Shard on the basis of 'I don't know. It could be used to cut someone. It's red.'.

Wizard, ironically, gets it least bad, as it's the one antag that is the most blatantly over most of the time.
I wasn't being sarcastic.

Was the captain's name Emma Jones? Or Emma something?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22160 on: May 10, 2015, 03:17:20 pm »

Yep, Emma Jones.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22161 on: May 10, 2015, 03:43:46 pm »

In said round, the acting Captain became short a head the moment he promoted himself.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22162 on: May 10, 2015, 03:57:30 pm »

Yup, I'm giving them a jobban from heads. I've gotten multiple complaints of powergaming and metagaming aside from what I've personally witnessed.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22163 on: May 10, 2015, 08:12:49 pm »

I find it kinda weird how yesterday we've had tons more people than usual, yet today it's been empty all day.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22164 on: May 10, 2015, 08:22:04 pm »

I find it kinda weird how yesterday we've had tons more people than usual, yet today it's been empty all day.
It is mother's day...
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22165 on: May 12, 2015, 12:42:20 pm »

You know, now I realized why Hanslanda and whatshisface doesn't play anymore. It's not because they're elite, it's because Urist McStation's playerbase is objectively terrible.

I do play still, and I only play rarely because I have shite internet at my wife and I's home. I have to come over to my parent's place to play, and that's a rarity because I have a busy life, what with a job and a wife going to college and bills and shit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22166 on: May 12, 2015, 03:17:00 pm »

I just don't play often because I stopped having fun on Urist. I still give the old girl a go, every now and then. Long live UMcS.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22167 on: May 14, 2015, 09:39:32 pm »

S-COM Release is go for this weekend.

What's going to happen is there's going to be one final test Saturday night at 6PM EST. Sunday, there'll be the release of the "beta" version of the gamemode. That means it'll be fully playable and votable, but I'm still going to be adding features and whatnot, including more maps, vehicles and the psionic (which won't make it in for the release because I'm still figuring out how the fuck to balance it).

After the test on Saturday, I'm likely going to be holding an event of some sort (it's been forever), so stick around for that.

The big update/BS12 merge is getting bumped to next weekend because of an unanticipated amount of merge issues. The S-COM update I mentioned will still happen then, likely adding more maps and possible (no promises) the psionic. I'm also working that weekend, so no events or anything special probably. However, the weekend after will see some other fun stuff.

Also, some more information on that construction update I mentioned. My goal is by the end of the summer to have everything worth constructing, constructable. Another goal of mine for the end of the summer is to have four new gamemodes in, one of which is S-COM. Another is going to be a sort of construction mode similar to goon's, which ties into the construction update.

Either way, there's going to be updates of some sort every weekend until at least July, so stay tuned for some fun stuff.

See you on the server this weekend!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:51:39 pm by Glloyd »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22168 on: May 14, 2015, 09:48:44 pm »

It's happening! CVRspam for everybody!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher