Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125431 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22035 on: April 20, 2015, 01:49:55 pm »

If youplan on switching to Urist, I highly suggest NOT using Goon. Many/most of the systems are different, and you will spend most of the time trying to avoid idiots killing you for whatever reason they can think up.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22036 on: April 20, 2015, 02:24:19 pm »

Is the server down?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22037 on: April 20, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »

Thanks! I just nabbed BYOND and I think I'll be playing as a Janitor or Staff Assistant on Goonstation until I get the hang of things.

EDIT:

Never mind...I played as an observer for a few minutes and the latency was so horrendous that the game was unplayable. Every time I tried taking a single step, I would be flung halfway across the map. I think I'll just stick to watching other people play on Youtube.
If you were playing on Goon, I've found its latency was really bad for me. Try out some other servers until you found one you can play.

Also, while I'm pretty sure Ozarck was joking, please do consider becoming an engineer once you've got the basics down. I might know what I'm doing, but all the experience in the world is nothing when faced with three breaches and two depressurized rooms on opposite parts of the station.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22038 on: April 20, 2015, 03:29:17 pm »

Toxins: Once you figure it out, it's a BLAST :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22039 on: April 20, 2015, 04:43:30 pm »

why koss, why
Crack-a-lack-a

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22040 on: April 20, 2015, 05:49:23 pm »

BECAUSE
BOMBS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #22041 on: April 20, 2015, 10:41:45 pm »

As others have said, Cargo Tech etc. are good for beginners. I also personally recommend Chemist. What I'd like to say is, Command, Security, and Silicon jobs aren't. When playing one of those, you absolutely must know what you're doing or people might get angry at you. You shouldn't play them before you've learned the ropes. Still, the only way to learn them is by doing, so don't be afraid of the jobs once you're past the basics.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22042 on: April 20, 2015, 11:04:40 pm »

Don't listen to them my friend. Assistant is the only one and true job for beginners. You learn how to hack into illicit places, steal goodies, bullshit your way out of arrest when confronted by security, run away from security, and hide from the law. All very valuable life lessons.

Joking aside, my personal favourite as others have said is cargo. You're basically an assistant in an assistant's paradise with a machine that orders all the materials you want, and an autolathe to make you loads of fun toys to deck out cargo. Great great starting point for the construction side of engineering.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22043 on: April 21, 2015, 12:16:35 am »

I played a bit on /TG/Station 13 as an Assistant and after about thirty minutes, I finally started understanding the incredibly obtuse inventory system. It felt like I was going through physical training or something, relearning how to do basic things like put food in my mouth and swap things between my hands.

I'll be roleplaying as a fumbly old man until I get the hang of basic things like putting my clothes back on after I take them off. :I

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22044 on: April 21, 2015, 12:34:10 am »

If you ever do decide to become an assistant and hack into places, just dont go stealing really important shit. That is, unless you are an antag.

I suggest that when you do want to do something mildly advanced like hacking, or medical, or whatnot, that you join as one of those jobs in a game where there are a bunch of others doing the same job and RP as a newbie in it. Shouldent be that hard to either!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22045 on: April 21, 2015, 12:43:08 am »

First job I ever played was captain, back when things looked like this:

It went horribly.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22046 on: April 21, 2015, 10:21:50 am »

Horribly RIGHT. Look at that sexy man, in that beautiul, shiny new space station. All those stars. Man, life must have been good in those days. Now everything is dark, gritty, and blood spattered.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22047 on: April 21, 2015, 10:40:09 am »

I played a bit on /TG/Station 13 as an Assistant and after about thirty minutes, I finally started understanding the incredibly obtuse inventory system. It felt like I was going through physical training or something, relearning how to do basic things like put food in my mouth and swap things between my hands.

I'll be roleplaying as a fumbly old man until I get the hang of basic things like putting my clothes back on after I take them off. :I
assistant on tg is pretty bad tbh. nobody lets assistants into their department, and assistant is usually considered a job to play when you want to griff, because they don't have anything they need to do, but don't have access for cool projects that they want to do either.
atmos tech on sybil is probably already going to be a lot to take in, especially if you play on american peak hours, but it's doable.

also if you want to get in anywhere on tgstation you can just say "AI door" over the radio.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22048 on: April 22, 2015, 11:09:56 am »

Diona = best doctor ever.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22049 on: April 22, 2015, 02:25:04 pm »

I feel like Trey isn't a doctor.
More like a malpractice efficienado.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 1654