Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123591 times)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21375 on: February 22, 2015, 07:24:53 pm »

Server is back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21376 on: February 23, 2015, 06:23:32 pm »

Shit, I just realized 2 days too late.

Happy 25th birthday, Hyacinthe Floressa Bisset!
Your birthday of 21 Feb coincides with my making of a BYOND account.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21377 on: February 23, 2015, 06:30:03 pm »

RIP server

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21378 on: February 23, 2015, 06:50:25 pm »

Server is back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21379 on: February 23, 2015, 07:11:19 pm »

Has there ever been a murder-mystery event? Like modmins prefabricate a crime scene, write up stories to give to players that are "witnesses" and so on. It sounds like something that SS13 would be suited to, but taking away the bit where people mash the arrow keys clicking desperately to do the murdering.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21380 on: February 23, 2015, 07:18:08 pm »

To be honest, thats what I thought the train event would have been, but thats just me.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21381 on: February 23, 2015, 09:03:22 pm »

Has there ever been a murder-mystery event? Like modmins prefabricate a crime scene, write up stories to give to players that are "witnesses" and so on. It sounds like something that SS13 would be suited to, but taking away the bit where people mash the arrow keys clicking desperately to do the murdering.
That sounds awesome, but it might need to be paired with some other, smaller events, since it'd probably get boring quickly for anyone not in Sec. Maybe the murderer is tasked with disrupting station life, like a traitor with less resources? Or maybe they need to arrange some unfortunate accidents for other members of the crew? For some extra spice, maybe the Evacuation Shuttle isn't available for whatever reason, meaning the crew need to either root out the murderer or die.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21382 on: February 23, 2015, 10:18:58 pm »

That sounds awesome, but it might need to be paired with some other, smaller events, since it'd probably get boring quickly for anyone not in Sec. Maybe the murderer is tasked with disrupting station life, like a traitor with less resources? Or maybe they need to arrange some unfortunate accidents for other members of the crew? For some extra spice, maybe the Evacuation Shuttle isn't available for whatever reason, meaning the crew need to either root out the murderer or die.

I may try something like that soon.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21383 on: February 23, 2015, 11:53:43 pm »

That sounds like a nice change of pace for the detective. Investigating actual crimes instead of hunting down bleedingly obvious suspects that disarm you to oblivion.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21384 on: February 24, 2015, 05:30:35 am »

I may try something like that soon.
Oh, I have an idea how to pull that off, albeit one that only works as a gamemode proper.

Clue(do) style: a murder weapon and pieces of evidence - mostly papers with messages implicating various crewmembers - are scattered around the map. The modules of a possible motive to kill the victim (possibly an NPC Captain, would take up the job slot) would be assigned to a crewmembers and added to their medical/security/employment notes and one person would be assigned as the real killer; a small percentage of the evidence would be picked as red herrings, pointing towards the innocents.

The killer would get an antag message of 'you've blacked out, but you realize you've done something horrible, you must find the evidence pointing towards you!', gets a 0 TC syndie uplink for secret records and learns what the murder weapon was, so both sides have to do a scavenger hunt for the evidence, but good guys have to analyze the crime scene first to get a lead on the weapon, so they are at a slight handicap. Since the data about the suspects is hidden away in different personnel files, you have to get the cooperation of Sec, Med and a Head (for employment records) and there might be a killer in any of those, trying to derail the investigation.

The killer may try either to destroy the evidence - dumping the murder weapon and burning the papers with fire or acid or wiping them clean with alcohol (already possible, fun fact), or keep them if they are red herrings for a high-risk high-reward play of blackmailing someone into helping him.

The normal crewmembers are also invested in the investigation (pun not intended), since an investigation gone bad means they are the ones who get - innocently - arrested for the murder.

It's definitely doable (not sure how adding to notes would work, but it's probably doable as well), although it would require setting up the map to have potential evidence-spawning spots and some writership for the motives although a placeholder system would work beforehand.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21385 on: February 24, 2015, 08:05:50 am »

Might be even more fun if you do something not kill releated, I.e. 3-4 people are a gang that have the specific traitor objective of raiding the vault/captains office/mutate the crew, then hide the loot for at least X minutes and/or escape with it, while keeping at least 75% of the gang free/ready to escape.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21386 on: February 24, 2015, 09:00:26 am »

Might be even more fun if you do something not kill releated, I.e. 3-4 people are a gang that have the specific traitor objective of raiding the vault/captains office/mutate the crew, then hide the loot for at least X minutes and/or escape with it, while keeping at least 75% of the gang free/ready to escape.
Could be a yet different mode, Goon actually had something like that, with recruitment, but this can be accomplished by regular old Tater with enough antags spawned. It's just that with our pop structure, there usually is just one or two traitors, and nobody wants to play Tater at high pop because, well, they can play tater any time of the day.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21387 on: February 24, 2015, 01:09:33 pm »

I still think we should have a special round where everyone starts in an airport and then gets on a plane to take the most robust flight ever. Like that one train round, only on a jumbo jet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21388 on: February 24, 2015, 01:10:46 pm »

You mean spaceship, right?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile