Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116903 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19875 on: October 24, 2014, 01:17:03 pm »

Civillian (regular access): Remove QM access from cargo tech and miner (They don't need it - Currently all 3 jobs share exactly the same access anyway).
Science (regular access): Give R&D access to the roboticist so they can actually do research if there are no scientists around. Also, telescience, because nobody uses it anyway. Too much math. They actually already have toxins access. Also, science dorms, so they have a place to sleep.

Shit, I did that yesterday. I was going to push it when I got home.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19876 on: October 24, 2014, 01:26:19 pm »

Civillian (regular access): Remove QM access from cargo tech and miner (They don't need it - Currently all 3 jobs share exactly the same access anyway).
Science (regular access): Give R&D access to the roboticist so they can actually do research if there are no scientists around. Also, telescience, because nobody uses it anyway. Too much math. They actually already have toxins access. Also, science dorms, so they have a place to sleep.

Shit, I did that yesterday. I was going to push it when I got home.
I haven't actually done anything yet. Push away! The only science area they wouldn't be able to access is xenobio under this, by the way.
Letting metatronic engies go down to the asteroid would be nice.
What exactly does this mean?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19877 on: October 24, 2014, 02:12:01 pm »

We just need an autoborging machine that take in bodies, MMI and cyborg shells and poop out finished cyborgs.
God, no. The roboticist has little enough to do already besides spam out mechs and borgs, both of which need cooperation from an outside party.

I still think they should be able to make robotic limbs that have genetics-esque powers. Using a similar thing as genetics; Although weaponry would not be available. Not conventional weaponry, at least. Gotta be a tator for that shit.

An example is say, legs that make you faster! Or let you do that stupid power from genetics, with the jumping!

Or that new thing coming, with the power armor and such.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19878 on: October 24, 2014, 02:20:43 pm »

That could require a combo of R&D and Robotics.

Although AFAIK the only speed boost you could get is if you wear items that slow you down, otherwise a running spessman runs at top allowed speed.

But you could have Adam Jensenesque robo-arms that can punch through (regular-only) walls and the loljump legs no problem. Perhaps they could consume nutrition on use and fail at too low nutrition, to balance it out.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19879 on: October 24, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »

That could require a combo of R&D and Robotics.

Although AFAIK the only speed boost you could get is if you wear items that slow you down, otherwise a running spessman runs at top allowed speed.

But you could have Adam Jensenesque robo-arms that can punch through (regular-only) walls and the loljump legs no problem. Perhaps they could consume nutrition on use and fail at too low nutrition, to balance it out.
The idea here is, yes, Deus-Ex. Because goddamn, that'd be cool. Also, traitors using stealth-camouflage.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19880 on: October 24, 2014, 02:38:51 pm »

We just need an autoborging machine that take in bodies, MMI and cyborg shells and poop out finished cyborgs.
God, no. The roboticist has little enough to do already besides spam out mechs and borgs, both of which need cooperation from an outside party.

I still think they should be able to make robotic limbs that have genetics-esque powers. Using a similar thing as genetics; Although weaponry would not be available. Not conventional weaponry, at least. Gotta be a tator for that shit.

An example is say, legs that make you faster! Or let you do that stupid power from genetics, with the jumping!

Or that new thing coming, with the power armor and such.
The autoborging machine could be built out of the roboticist's clone's brain. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19881 on: October 24, 2014, 02:58:54 pm »

I like the idea of bionic limbs, aswell as the artificial and assisted eyes, having gameplay effects. Perhaps if the eyes could display HUDs and the artificial ones acted as welding glasses? It would, of course, require job access on the ID for some of those...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19882 on: October 24, 2014, 03:05:59 pm »

I like the idea of bionic limbs, aswell as the artificial and assisted eyes, having gameplay effects. Perhaps if the eyes could display HUDs and the artificial ones acted as welding glasses? It would, of course, require job access on the ID for some of those...
That. That is so cool. I will be rooting around in the prosthetics code to see if I can make it happen. If not, I'm sure scrdest or someone could do it, but for now, mine.
* Octobomb has acquired a new project!
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19883 on: October 24, 2014, 03:09:37 pm »

Artificial ones would also act as HUDs...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19884 on: October 24, 2014, 03:17:24 pm »

IMO, if you're going to add automations, you should automate things that make some departments,  like Hydro or Xenobio, a drag to play after a while.  Robotics doesn't suffer from it's tasks being monotonous; you'll only have to perform a couple brainectomies and construct 4 or 5 borgs at max.  Hydro gets to wait for lights to change for a whole round to get anything good and xenobio gets to play with pulling mobs between doors.  Maybe I'm just lazy, but those jobs are too much work.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:22:41 pm by Rez »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19885 on: October 24, 2014, 03:24:55 pm »

Quote from: Me
*talking about letting robotics go to asteroid*
What exactly does this mean?
Science has Xenoarch, and its station. Letting robotics go down there to get sulfuric acid would be nice.
Highly Opinionated Fool

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19886 on: October 24, 2014, 03:32:19 pm »

Keep in mind - artificial eyes do, in fact, have their own benefits as of right now, unless those were oversights. Things like flashes knocking you down but not blinding you for the duration of the effect or genetic-induced blindness not affecting you, for mechanically assisted eyes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19887 on: October 24, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »

Keep in mind - artificial eyes do, in fact, have their own benefits as of right now, unless those were oversights. Things like flashes knocking you down but not blinding you for the duration of the effect or genetic-induced blindness not affecting you, for mechanically assisted eyes.
Yes but moar toys for robotics to implement is always nice. Like syndi eyes which let you discreetly flash people or something. You should at least be able to combine eyes with the hud into one unit even if regular artificial eyes don't.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:38:24 pm by Octobomb »
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19888 on: October 24, 2014, 03:36:48 pm »

Ive never seen those...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19889 on: October 24, 2014, 03:37:11 pm »

Yes but moar toys for robotics to implement is always nice. Like syndi eyes which let you discreetly flash people or something.

... laser eyes?
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 1654