Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118202 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19560 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:14 am »

I still think that malf and antag AI should be merged, since it's kind of weird always knowing that it's a malf round and pretending not to know that the AI is malf

My thoughts exactly.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19561 on: October 16, 2014, 02:49:30 am »

+1 that shit

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19562 on: October 16, 2014, 02:58:11 am »

Question from someone who's been out of it a while: has the wiki been kept up to date with all the new stuff? Not sure how well documented everything still is, but I always relied rather heavily on it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19563 on: October 16, 2014, 04:05:25 am »

We don't have a wiki, and neither /tg/station nor Baystation have all of the features we have.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19564 on: October 16, 2014, 04:22:40 am »

We don't have a wiki, and neither /tg/station nor Baystation have all of the features we have.
We need a proper wiki.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19565 on: October 16, 2014, 06:35:39 am »

We need a proper wiki.
Last time I breached the topic I was told that we needed more things that made our server unique before we would have one.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #19566 on: October 16, 2014, 06:45:29 am »

I remember when I made funny cigarettes and went to medbay while the CMO was doing something by the chemmaster. Everyone was screaming "CMO STOP MIXING POTASSIUM AND WATER!". And then I got arrested for standing outside security and repeatedly exploding.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19567 on: October 16, 2014, 07:02:43 am »

So is there any possibility that the option for AOOC doesn't show up for non-antags in the white panel of actions? It throws me off and makes me forget who I am.
Quote from: a wiki somewhere
If you don't see the big, bolder red text that says HEY YOU'RE A TRAITOR, you're not a traitor.
Also you can check the notes section.
I'm already aware of that. It's the fact that it's still a button I can press on, even if it doesn't work, that throws me off. Every. Single. Time. I. Look. At. It.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19568 on: October 16, 2014, 07:19:56 am »

It appears that the server's down.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #19569 on: October 16, 2014, 10:52:23 am »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19570 on: October 16, 2014, 02:32:19 pm »

I still think that malf and antag AI should be merged, since it's kind of weird always knowing that it's a malf round and pretending not to know that the AI is malf
Yeah, really... or just modify the random round type to not tell you what it picked. 
Malf mode - You know exactly who the antag is.  There's a little playing dumb required in SS13 as is, but being straight up told who the antag is at round start ruins the round.  This is why I stopped playing on UMS, which is sad, because I love the community.

Ling Mode - So now the crew is automatically much more suspicious of monkeys, and shockingly believes people when they say "No, I'm not the clown everyone's trying to arrest, I'm the head of security! The guy who looks like the head of security is the clown!"  Yes this happened to me, and no, I don't believe it would have happened if the roundtype was announced to be anything other than ling.

Blob mode(Does this server still do blob?) - Everyone's suddenly much more inclined to explore all the seldom visited parts of the station. 

Please, please, please, if you are going to stick with the 'random' round type, make it not show what round type it lands on.  Mafia in space doesn't work when the opening text says "Oh by the way, Urist McBarman is totes mafia, but act like I didn't tell you, 'kay?" 

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19571 on: October 16, 2014, 02:38:51 pm »

Better idea! Nerf/revamp ling so it doesn't suck. Do the same with Ninja. Win.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19572 on: October 16, 2014, 03:10:37 pm »

Yeah, really... or just modify the random round type to not tell you what it picked. 
Malf mode - You know exactly who the antag is.  There's a little playing dumb required in SS13 as is, but being straight up told who the antag is at round start ruins the round.  This is why I stopped playing on UMS, which is sad, because I love the community.

Ling Mode - So now the crew is automatically much more suspicious of monkeys, and shockingly believes people when they say "No, I'm not the clown everyone's trying to arrest, I'm the head of security! The guy who looks like the head of security is the clown!"  Yes this happened to me, and no, I don't believe it would have happened if the roundtype was announced to be anything other than ling.

Blob mode(Does this server still do blob?) - Everyone's suddenly much more inclined to explore all the seldom visited parts of the station. 

Please, please, please, if you are going to stick with the 'random' round type, make it not show what round type it lands on.  Mafia in space doesn't work when the opening text says "Oh by the way, Urist McBarman is totes mafia, but act like I didn't tell you, 'kay?"

I've said many times before how much I hate random. It ruins a good deal of the fun, and (no matter what Corai says) it encourages metagaming. It's at the discretion of the admins right now, who like random for some reason. But, gamemode votes at the start of the round are going to be a thing now, so if you want to vote for secret, then do it.

EDIT:

Better idea! Nerf/revamp ling so it doesn't suck. Do the same with Ninja. Win.

There was a reason I bumped the secret requirement for ling up to 25. Because it's just a murderboning gamemode. But because people keep changing it to random, it picks some of the less fun modes with smaller amounts of players.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:12:27 pm by Glloyd »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19573 on: October 16, 2014, 03:15:22 pm »

We need to fix Secret rotation properly. Random sucks.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19574 on: October 16, 2014, 03:19:43 pm »

If you remove the round announcement from Random, it's pretty much Secret but with no readyup requirement.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 ... 1654