Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116704 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18795 on: September 14, 2014, 03:13:18 am »

I don't speak atmos/engineering.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18796 on: September 14, 2014, 03:25:10 am »

300 kW is more than any station will ever be demanding.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18797 on: September 14, 2014, 03:31:46 am »

So the RUST engine is just a TEG? The TEG works perfectly fine on tgcode, ministation runs it and me, andrea and some others built one once while the main and backup servers were down

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18798 on: September 14, 2014, 10:42:34 am »

So the RUST engine is just a TEG? The TEG works perfectly fine on tgcode, ministation runs it and me, andrea and some others built one once while the main and backup servers were down
The RUST engine isn't just a TEG, but running the resultant gas (Phoron at 2.33259e+006 Kelvin, or 2332590 Kelvin for those who don't know that variant of scientific notation) through a TEG is the only way I've found out to actually get power from it as of now.
Also, as I admin-spawned the parts and the one buggy machine on my server, I had it running on a copy of Urist McStation's code.

Edit: You could theoretically have the output pipe split in two, and power two TEGs, mayhaps more, equally at that level, in case 300 kW isn't enough for you. (If you need more than 300 kW, I fear how big your station is.)

Edit 2: The RUST engine's chamber has to be made entirely out of reinforced walls with infinite heat tolerance, and if you want windows, they have to be made out of Reinforced Phoron Glass, which, while in the code, is currently unobtainable, otherwise it'll melt them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:16:04 am by Vakothu »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18799 on: September 14, 2014, 11:26:13 am »

The RUST engine isn't just a TEG, but running the resultant gas (Phoron at 2.33259e+006 Kelvin, or 2332590 Kelvin for those who don't know that variant of scientific notation) through a TEG is the only way I've found out to actually get power from it as of now.
Also, as I admin-spawned the parts and the one buggy machine on my server, I had it running on a copy of Urist McStation's code.

Edit: You could theoretically have the output pipe split in two, and power two TEGs, mayhaps more, equally at that level, in case 300 kW isn't enough for you. (If you need more than 300 kW, I fear how big your station is.) (If you need less than 300 kW, you aren't electrifying enough grates and doors to lethal levels.)

Edit 2: The RUST engine's chamber has to be made entirely out of reinforced walls with infinite heat tolerance, and if you want windows, they have to be made out of Reinforced Phoron Glass, which, while in the code, is currently unobtainable, otherwise it'll melt them.

FTW
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18800 on: September 14, 2014, 06:13:25 pm »

server down?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18801 on: September 14, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »

Yep, server is down.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18802 on: September 14, 2014, 07:09:31 pm »

So I thought I'd run this by everyone before I put work into it: What would be your thoughts on having boxes (or folders, if I can get a function working) of premade forms scattered around the station? When I mentioned this on the server the three who responded liked it after some adjustments.
The idea: Boxes / folders of premade forms scattered around the station (I'll leave that up to the mappers) to encourage paperwork.
The reason: Nobody currently uses paperwork and this simply gives an easier option than having to write out your own forms every time on each sheet of paper. Forms are much easier to fill out than write and are still totally optional.
Examples: Security confessions, medicine prescriptions, job change forms, etc. I'm not planning to go overboard on this (no shift journals and stuff) and it will all be totally optional.
Thoughts?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18803 on: September 14, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »

Do it.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18804 on: September 14, 2014, 07:15:29 pm »

So I thought I'd run this by everyone before I put work into it: What would be your thoughts on having boxes (or folders, if I can get a function working) of premade forms scattered around the station? When I mentioned this on the server the three who responded liked it after some adjustments.
The idea: Boxes / folders of premade forms scattered around the station (I'll leave that up to the mappers) to encourage paperwork.
The reason: Nobody currently uses paperwork and this simply gives an easier option than having to write out your own forms every time on each sheet of paper. Forms are much easier to fill out than write and are still totally optional.
Examples: Security confessions, medicine prescriptions, job change forms, etc. I'm not planning to go overboard on this (no shift journals and stuff) and it will all be totally optional.
Thoughts?

Like I said on the server, go for it!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #18805 on: September 14, 2014, 07:36:09 pm »

Thoughts?
Every good doctor knows that mind-breaker toxin is mandatory for every crew member and should always be affected by the drug, and that hyperzine should be given out like candy.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

TGameCo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18806 on: September 14, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »

I need some help testing at byond://107.145.107.132:25565 Done
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:58:53 pm by TGameCo »

'Hang on, I need to set off this EMP... FUCK! MY PACEMAKER!'

Quote from: miauw62
i think humphrey would be a good last name for somebody called Penis.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18807 on: September 14, 2014, 07:56:29 pm »

gh.
how do i open that in byond.
Black lives matter.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18808 on: September 14, 2014, 07:59:50 pm »

I was the lucky individual who tested antag OOC for like a minute.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18809 on: September 14, 2014, 08:03:15 pm »

-blah-
Thoughts?
I see no downsides to this.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 1654