Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117286 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #17400 on: June 15, 2014, 12:25:41 pm »

So how much has Glloydstation changed in the past few months? Also is the new BYOND client/whatever less shit now?

The same general layout. Depending on the last time you played, Cargo and Engineering are going to be a bit different, engineering moreso. We're on Baycode now, so research has been expanded a bit, and there's the Xenoarch outpost on the asteroid. What else... Medbay got expanded to add a psych office and a lounge, and all departmental sec has been changed to departmental dorms. Security got changed a bit, instead of the labor camp shuttle, there's a sec dorm and the tactical equipment storage. The kitchen's been changed a bit, and so has the pool area. The dorms got changed a tad, and I'm sure there's some new stuff in maint since you played last. Again, same layout of the station, just some of the areas have been changed again. There is an updated map though, here: nienhaus.pancakeapps.com/UristMap.html

As for features, there have been too many changes to list if you haven't been on since we started with baycode.
Heh, I stopped playing before the labour shuttle was added in. The main thing is the switch to baycode, I suppose I need to go give myself a refresher course. Thanks for the map, too. :))

Client hardly even matters. It's like keeping on complaining that the 5m entrance hallway to your work is painted in a very annoying shade of pink and that there's rather bad gangsta rap playing: get over it, it's just 5 seconds of your time.

I wasn't exactly complaining, I was just stating the fact that I like the old client better. No need to go all "get over it you whining fuck".
I think he was talking to Dice mate.
I hardly think that Dice's comment invites that kind of response either.
I mostly dislike it because for whatever reason I don't automatically reconnect after rounds, so having an ad every time I reconnect can keep me from rejoining before round start, depending on the length of the ad and how my connection is feeling. Other than that the new client is nice.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: June 15, 2014, 12:26:54 pm »

new client is giving me ridiculously long unskippable world of tanks ads

i can't even null it via hosts

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: June 15, 2014, 12:29:03 pm »

Client hardly even matters. It's like keeping on complaining that the 5m entrance hallway to your work is painted in a very annoying shade of pink and that there's rather bad gangsta rap playing: get over it, it's just 5 seconds of your time.

I wasn't exactly complaining, I was just stating the fact that I like the old client better. No need to go all "get over it you whining fuck".
I think he was talking to Dice mate.
I hardly think that Dice's comment invites that kind of response either.
I mostly dislike it because for whatever reason I don't automatically reconnect after rounds, so having an ad every time I reconnect can keep me from rejoining before round start, depending on the length of the ad and how my connection is feeling. Other than that the new client is nice.
i think that was changed.
im not sure though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: June 15, 2014, 12:57:04 pm »

Yeah, the ads are annoying. Doubly so for me, because I have a data cap, and the 30 sec videos eat up data. Plus, I know I will never click the damn ads, and I've directly donated to BYOND before. So, I don't feel bad using the /vg/ workaround for the ads.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17404 on: June 15, 2014, 02:01:49 pm »

/vg/ workaround for the ads.
That is a thing?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: June 15, 2014, 02:19:56 pm »

I've never gotten an ad on Byond and I don't know why.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: June 15, 2014, 02:24:46 pm »

/vg/ workaround for the ads.
That is a thing?

It is, but I'll keep it out of the thread. If you want to know more, PM me.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: June 15, 2014, 07:32:10 pm »

I'm okay with the ads, considering they're what keep BYOND alive. Just wish more of them had volume controls and BYOND reconnected more reliably so I wouldn't have to wait for one every other round.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: June 15, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »

I was playing as Trey and Nokolai ran out of the escape airlock as I was trying to give her a shower. Also her arms were missing and I implanted a radio in her chest, but that's besides the point. :<

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: June 16, 2014, 05:52:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pacifist skrell lives to warble another day, it seems. Whoddathunkit.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: June 16, 2014, 11:09:32 pm »

Directive X. Come on, boys and girls! Don't be scared because it's listed as extended!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: June 16, 2014, 11:12:16 pm »

Bah. I Don't like objectives. I like my op navy fest.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: June 17, 2014, 10:14:59 am »

Spoiler: Regret. (click to show/hide)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: June 17, 2014, 01:48:47 pm »

I regret /nothing/. Mutineers do what they must. Even if it means becoming far more brutal than the Loyalists.

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: June 17, 2014, 01:59:18 pm »

I regret /nothing/. Mutineers do what they must. Even if it means becoming far more brutal than the Loyalists.

Even butchering a man alive? Really, many many famous revolutions in history respected their adversaries and gave a quick, clean execution. That is just brutal psychopathy. I highly doubt you hated Mateo as much as the Bolsheviks hated the Tsar. Mutineers do not just lose their sanity as easily as that, they have base morals.
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1654