Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121882 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1740 on: March 19, 2013, 09:21:13 am »

Even when killing people, Atmos is complicated. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 19, 2013, 09:22:23 am »

Servers be empty. But this thread be active. Wtf?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 19, 2013, 09:24:34 am »

If only people could become spiders...

then it'd be like spiderliums.

Admins can do that.
If you really want ask a current admin to make you one and put  you in centcomm or the super secret admin place nobody even knows exists.
I would do it myself but I fear I cannot now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 19, 2013, 09:29:09 am »

I've been thinking about making an SS13 remake, and I think the toughest part would be deciding what the client does and what the server does. As it stands, SS13 lends itself excellently for Open Source due to BYOND clients doing almost nothing and almost everything being handled by the server, aka one client fits all servers and you don't have to redownload your client every five minutes. If you were to do a remake, that would probably change and you would run into problems with different branches requiring different clients etc.

Oh, and my ideal SS13 remake would just be the exact same thing but with a better engine, and see where it goes from there with the new possibilities the engine gives. (Textured machine interfaces! More CPU-intensive things!)

E: HOLY FUCK LOBBY VOTING IS FIXED.
I LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 19, 2013, 09:32:58 am »

Nope, it isn't. :(
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:36:22 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 19, 2013, 09:39:02 am »

Awww :c

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 19, 2013, 10:35:32 am »

Well, my death was a cliche. I hate that. But I got to be Alium for a bit, until I had ta go. Did anyone actually find my nest? And do the Facehuggers DO anything except stand around? I plopped one down on a vent and it didn't do anything. I thought they would at least scurry about the nest.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 19, 2013, 10:40:31 am »

Well, my death was a cliche. I hate that. But I got to be Alium for a bit, until I had ta go. Did anyone actually find my nest? And do the Facehuggers DO anything except stand around? I plopped one down on a vent and it didn't do anything. I thought they would at least scurry about the nest.

AFAIK, they just wait for a victim. Or you can throw them.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 19, 2013, 10:41:25 am »

You could go around paralyzing an unassuming victim and pull them to your nest, but that's risky.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 19, 2013, 10:44:09 am »

How do you do that anyway?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 19, 2013, 10:47:16 am »

/spit
/pull

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 19, 2013, 11:13:22 am »

Facehuggers attack anyone who walks on or next to them. You can throw them or manually apply to face for the same effect. They don't wander like the Goon facehuggers, sadly.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 19, 2013, 11:19:31 am »

Do you have to pull off helmet and mask, or just helmet?

I was able to tackle someone as queen, and they got facehugged when I dragged them over to the huggers.  Throwing them at helmeted foes seems only to kill the facehuggers. 

I didn't realize I had to open the eggs myself.  Oh well, a queen is no match for a durand, apparently. Even though sparks were flying, there was more alien blood flying.

I wondered, in that traitor round with the captain traitor, why did Jay Wright throw me out the airlock with my air tank and mask still on? Was it a hasty mistake, or did you plan it out that way? In the end I destroyed engineering in an attempt to get a shuttle home, so it did almost work out for you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 19, 2013, 11:22:00 am »

One does not fight a mech as queen. One spits corrosive acid at it (if you can do that to mechs) and gtfo, behind more capable fighters if possible.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 19, 2013, 11:36:07 am »

Yeah... it was just me as the queen though. And I was sorta cornered in the maintenance tunnels. I did spit neurotoxin at it once, with no apparent effect.  I also really didn't know what I was doing... I captured 2 people at one point, and lost them both due to ineptitude. One did end up getting facehugged, but was put down right away.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 1654