Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118920 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #16845 on: May 17, 2014, 11:11:49 pm »

God, fucking around with Genetics is insane.

Yeah, I plan to add more disabilities when I have more time to myself. Right now there's too many powers and not enough disabilities.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16846 on: May 18, 2014, 01:12:55 am »

Make a fart disability (ohgodwhy)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16847 on: May 18, 2014, 01:23:58 am »

Cargo proved better at holding out against xenos than the bridge.
Crack-a-lack-a

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: May 18, 2014, 03:10:19 am »

Make a fart disability (ohgodwhy)
bring back poo 2014

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16849 on: May 18, 2014, 04:25:53 am »

Yeah, I plan to add more disabilities when I have more time to myself. Right now there's too many powers and not enough disabilities.
I apparently turned super-sober. Does that mean I can win every drinking contest there is?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16850 on: May 18, 2014, 05:42:41 am »

Nopenopenope. Unless you make the new disabilities very minor. Because as of right now there is a disability which renders you pretty much completely unable to move, a disability that VERY rapidly gives you burn damage, another one that gives you constant radiation damage and yet another which causes your limbs to break unprovoked.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16851 on: May 18, 2014, 06:04:06 am »

Re-add butt removal surgery.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16852 on: May 18, 2014, 06:44:23 am »

Not sure about the viability of coding it but...

What about a disability that makes your characters unable to recognize the proper features of another character?

I mean what if when a character enters his view, the model and name comprising the character is randomized for the character with the disability.

So he would be unable to recognize anyone except for short bouts of time

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16853 on: May 18, 2014, 07:01:25 am »

Prosopagnosia would be quite interesting. Give every character model a generic face (like, say, short black hair, black eyes and no facial hair), and they're all treated as being Unknown unless they're wearing an ID.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16854 on: May 18, 2014, 07:13:28 am »

Not sure about the viability of coding it but...

What about a disability that makes your characters unable to recognize the proper features of another character?

I mean what if when a character enters his view, the model and name comprising the character is randomized for the character with the disability.

So he would be unable to recognize anyone except for short bouts of time

I'm fairly certain changing the way you see other people is not doable. Making them show up as Unknown *might* be possible, but not sure either.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16855 on: May 18, 2014, 09:08:43 am »

What about, like, possession or voices-in-head? Like, something with a slight visual effect (depending on which "possession", player may emit extremely low-level light, eye color might change, etc) that only a few have, and it gives you messages every now and then.

These could be anything from benign (You feel a holy presence. A soft, feminine voice is calling to you!) followed by random strings of text every so often, or even something like (You feel a cold gathering of otherworldly presences. Their voices are shouting in discord...) and either they can hear deadchat (through weak whisper or occasional snippets) or ghosts can explicitly talk to them. Like, a single ghost.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: May 18, 2014, 09:22:44 am »

What about, like, possession or voices-in-head? Like, something with a slight visual effect (depending on which "possession", player may emit extremely low-level light, eye color might change, etc) that only a few have, and it gives you messages every now and then.

These could be anything from benign (You feel a holy presence. A soft, feminine voice is calling to you!) followed by random strings of text every so often, or even something like (You feel a cold gathering of otherworldly presences. Their voices are shouting in discord...) and either they can hear deadchat (through weak whisper or occasional snippets) or ghosts can explicitly talk to them. Like, a single ghost.

We have that, although it's barely implemented at all. The mutation message is 'your mind says 'hello.''.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16857 on: May 18, 2014, 09:26:32 am »

Heh, Possession = Lets a designated player take temporary control of your character at certain times.

Maybe have a possession power pool that grows when your not possessing the target. It would then start decreasing when you possess him, or do possession powers?

Heck, I would love to see something like that happen as a random event... or game mode.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16858 on: May 18, 2014, 10:01:36 am »

Heh, Possession = Lets a designated player take temporary control of your character at certain times.

Maybe have a possession power pool that grows when your not possessing the target. It would then start decreasing when you possess him, or do possession powers?

Heck, I would love to see something like that happen as a random event... or game mode.

That could be a Cult power or something. You can write a rune that binds a ghost into a talisman, and if you use it on someone the ghost gets a cooldown power that allows it to periodically take over the victim's body. There already is code for 'posession' (i.e. a ghost being placed in a body, but the original owner remaining the owner, so it can be resurrected and the like) in Cult through the Resurrection rune.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16859 on: May 18, 2014, 12:08:23 pm »

coughcorticalborersendcough
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 1654