Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117626 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #15150 on: March 24, 2014, 02:05:33 am »

I'd be willing for a switch just for how AI laws work.  ;D
I can now shock criminals.
Ugh no.
Bay laws are as unfun as possible and make the AI the bitch of the heads instead of some neutral-ish third party.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15151 on: March 24, 2014, 02:20:25 am »

3: The way airflow seems strange, ether someone really fucked atmos or it was just ridiculous. Engineering got over pressurized and had to be abandoned forever, which sorta lead to a round end even though nothing seriously went wrong. Like I said, ether something went seriously seriously wrong in atmos or the air system is too frustrating.

Engineering was overpressurized because someone released plasma, and noone had set up atmos competently enough to fix it well.

After looking at the atmos room I am like 70% sure it starts out fucked a little bit and if you do what the wiki tells you it will overpressure the station. Since the pipe to distribution is set way to high to start, if you don't fix that first before doing the other steps on the wiki I am pretty sure it will start spewing out air. Uh. Perhaps it's not the greatest concern, but I do believe that is what happened, in addition to the plasma of course.

Edit: On the other hand, as I explore the wonders of the air system I am less sure I know anything about it. Should likely ignore my thoughts in this area.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:36:44 am by Criptfeind »

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: March 24, 2014, 02:47:51 am »

End of the round statement "NOOT NOOT" as a Diona, that is all.
Crack-a-lack-a

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15153 on: March 24, 2014, 02:52:16 am »

Atmost pumps should be set to 1atm by default, so no matter how hard you pump the air through the pipes, it shouldn't affect the air pressure outside. Shouldn't being the keyword here.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15154 on: March 24, 2014, 02:59:38 am »

Is it just me or should there be some sort of fail safe switch an inexperienced person could flip on so that if something reaches X pressure or what have you, it'd reset to standard pressure so that newbies can get at least  some freedom without killing everyone and the captain can regulate how high pressure goes without someone else changing it with an ID that has access.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15155 on: March 24, 2014, 03:04:19 am »

Is it just me or should there be some sort of fail safe switch an inexperienced person could flip on so that if something reaches X pressure or what have you, it'd reset to standard pressure so that newbies can get at least  some freedom without killing everyone and the captain can regulate how high pressure goes without someone else changing it with an ID that has access.
Not dwarfy.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15156 on: March 24, 2014, 03:10:35 am »

It's called 'panic syphon'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15157 on: March 24, 2014, 03:57:16 am »

My observations, assuming we keep the map:
1. The rooms are better stocked.
2. The escape shuttle has bluespace fireclosets.
3. The kitchen, bar, and hydroponics are not properly accessible to eachother.
4. The art room is more visible.
5. No multi-tools in primary toolshed, so difficulties will be had in upgrading the crews' vending machines as an assistant.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: March 24, 2014, 04:00:27 am »

If/when we move to baycode, I highly suggest we use the supermatter engine over the singularity. This is my list of reasons why:

1) It's easy to set up. All you have to do is throw a couple N2 tanks in it, change the pumps to max rate, and fire 4 bursts at it, then configure SMES. Every couple hours fire another 4 bursts. That is easy mode. If you REALLY want a ton of power, dump a couple more N2 tanks into it, and fire a dozen bursts. Closely watch the chamber air monitor to make sure it doesn't get too hot, and enjoy having 20x the amount of power the station even uses.
1.5) It can be cold started. Simply dump a little bit of O2 into the chamber and it will automatically start generating power, usually enough to get everything running so you can set it up "properly".
2) It's easy to keep it from blowing up in an accident. All you have to do is vent it, and in a bad emergency eject the core.
3) When it DOES explode, it causes one major lag spike and then it's pretty much smooth sailing. I'm 90% sure the lag is mostly due to ZAS draining away air from areas that have exploded. If we used the singulo we would have a ton of lag (possibly more than using the code we currently have) due to ZAS.
4) It's also easy to sabotage. Lock down vent controls, wall off the exterior, and pump O2 into the chamber. Almost impossible to stop it from exploding.

edit: Also, we need a nerf/change for how tasers and eguns work. Baystation has it set up so you can only fire every X amount of time, which seemed dumb until I got into a firefight and the person I was fighting ended up getting tased 4 times, and tasing me 4 times, and we were both on the ground critted from pain. I don't have any ideas on how to solve that problem though.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:07:42 am by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: March 24, 2014, 04:08:06 am »

Why not have both engines working at once? :P
Crack-a-lack-a

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: March 24, 2014, 04:10:16 am »

Pretty sure that's what you're supposed to do after you're done with supermatter.

I'm still waiting to witness a round where the engineers replace the solars with four sing generators.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: March 24, 2014, 04:25:57 am »

MedBay12 is a stark contrast to /tg/. Whereas MD is the chillest job on /tg/, it's more like Sec on Baycode - it's laid back, until it's OMIGODBLOODERRYWHERETENPATIENTSINCRIT!

This is not to say it's not enjoyable. It is, even more IMO. Also, the pain system means your patients won't sanic away as soon as they come back awake, and it seems you literally cannot talk to someone face to face over here so it's a nice opportunity.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: March 24, 2014, 08:05:36 am »

I fully support all changes to baycode. Medbay is now my favorite job on the station. Heal people, feel like a badass. While on /tg/, you hit them with a bruise pack a few times and you win.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: March 24, 2014, 08:53:10 am »

I fully support all changes to baycode. Medbay is now my favorite job on the station. Heal people, feel like a badass. While on /tg/, you hit them with a bruise pack a few times and you win.

Yep.

Only gripe, as has been stated, e-guns and tasers are a bit... Even.

You fire the exact same speed and then it's just a race to see who wakes up first.

Also HPs and Pain damage use the same indicator :c

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: March 24, 2014, 09:48:01 am »

Headcanon: the HP does NOT indicate your health, it tells you how you feel. That's why Mindbreaker can make you have dead or crit HP.
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1654