Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119258 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #13305 on: January 19, 2014, 08:57:04 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13306 on: January 19, 2014, 10:32:43 pm »

Someone write up a food section saying how cannibalism is on the rise, and a diet of ONLY soda is perfectly healthy.  Also, can someone code in a 'Laborer' job?  For people who want to help out by mining, then spend the rest of the round drunkenly performing various acts of crime...and have an IC reason.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13307 on: January 19, 2014, 11:05:55 pm »

Someone write up a food section saying how cannibalism is on the rise, and a diet of ONLY soda is perfectly healthy.  Also, can someone code in a 'Laborer' job?  For people who want to help out by mining, then spend the rest of the round drunkenly performing various acts of crime...and have an IC reason.

What would their access be and what would differentiate them from a miner? :P

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13308 on: January 20, 2014, 12:20:57 am »

I think it would be fine if they just got regular mining access, because everyone in cargo (cargo techs included) have the exact same access.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13309 on: January 20, 2014, 01:57:58 am »

You know the bolt action should be the Mosin Nagant :P
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13310 on: January 20, 2014, 02:03:36 am »

Presumably the nebulous IC reason for criminal actions. Apart from being drunken assholes, because hey! miners.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13311 on: January 20, 2014, 04:15:46 am »

I really miss zombies in this game. It felt so cool huddling together with a group of survivors while screams on the radio indicated shit was going really poor for the rest of the station.
 The revisions where zombies were pretty much invincible were my favorites; they could be incapacitated but would eventually rise again. Why didn't people like zombies? :(

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13312 on: January 20, 2014, 05:07:34 am »

Make zombies an admin button 2014.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13313 on: January 20, 2014, 06:26:33 am »

Zombies is interesting if not a common idea in other games but it does sound interesting in this aspect. It could be a game mode where it can use the disease system to infect people either via bite or maybe something like The Walking Dead where everyone is infected and dying causes you to come back as a zombie. A nice twist to this would be that shooting them only knocks them out for about a minute before they regenerate/rise again and the only way to stop them for good is to gib the bodies and maybe use virology to cure the disease.

I'm not sure how cloning would work, maybe have zombies not controlled by a player have a basic AI like carp. Would give a legit use for the locks on the cloner that's for sure and also make brain dead players or human monkeys important to protect.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:29:08 am by garfield751 »

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13314 on: January 20, 2014, 06:41:36 am »

The way it used to be was that there was a patient zero who turned into a zombie. By scratching or biting humans, they got infected. It was a deadly disease that caused the corpse to twist and turn before rising again. Zombies could "sense" humans through walls. They could break down walls and doors.

As long as there was oxygen, zombies would regenerate their wounds. That's why the AI was a great weapon against them; he could lock the zombies in a room filled with plasma and cause some sparks to turn the whole place into an inferno, draining the zombies of both health and oxygen.

Basically, zombies meant sure death to a station. They eventually got nerfed which made them useless, causing even more people to hate them. I loved them, as the inevitable death part of the survivors made it a game of hide and seek, which to me was unique in ss13, as all other threats have clear counters.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13315 on: January 20, 2014, 07:01:20 am »

Ah that's sad to hear that it got phased out. Fire now would be especially deadly to them as you can set people on fire rather then them being in a fire. Not sure I agree with the dependency on oxygen or thermal vision but it sounded pretty brutal.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13316 on: January 20, 2014, 07:04:43 am »

They could do just fine without oxygen, they just didn't regenerate their wounds, leaving them in a state of stasis when incapacitated.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13317 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:26 am »

So basically they are changelings that you know are changelings.

Do miners have maint axcess? Because if not laborers could.

For bonus points, make a factory. Have it under the HoP and staffed by laborers. Think big, inefficient autolathes that have a backlog.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13318 on: January 20, 2014, 10:37:53 am »

Sounds a bit like monkey without the vent crawling. Making them much else than antags that can instaconvert or shitty simple_animals is probably a challenge.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13319 on: January 20, 2014, 11:17:38 am »

Sounds a bit like monkey without the vent crawling. Making them much else than antags that can instaconvert or shitty simple_animals is probably a challenge.

If I remember correctly, the code for it was really hacky and shitty (as most older SS13 code is). I think it got phased out in what... 2010? I may have the code somewhere though, I've got a lot of old SS13 files buried somewhere. Hm, I'll have to check.
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 1654