Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119410 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12751 on: December 31, 2013, 01:31:49 am »

Merged /tg/ and pushed a map update that completely changes the Cargo Bay, adds a turbine, fixes a bunch of shit and adds more maint tunnels. Enjoy!

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: December 31, 2013, 01:50:51 am »

I am awaiting Cargo Mafia 13.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12753 on: December 31, 2013, 01:59:10 am »

I am awaiting Cargo Mafia 13.

Well, the new maint tunnels and seeecrets there can certainly help with that. And I plan on expanding that section of maint over the coming weeks as I continue to mess with Security.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: December 31, 2013, 02:06:47 am »

Don't you just love it when entire rooms magically catch on fire, some of it gets on you, you run into the next room, only to find it's filled with plasma by the AI, and die a horrible, fiery death?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12755 on: December 31, 2013, 02:45:49 am »

It sure beats some of the way I die.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: December 31, 2013, 02:47:16 am »

Merged /tg/ and pushed a map update that completely changes the Cargo Bay, adds a turbine, fixes a bunch of shit and adds more maint tunnels. Enjoy!
+1
You guys who are continually improving the game: you're awesome.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12757 on: December 31, 2013, 03:00:16 am »

It was fun guys.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: December 31, 2013, 05:12:30 am »

Honk Glloyd just merged a version with broken ointments and bruise packs have fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12759 on: December 31, 2013, 05:16:55 am »

BICARIDINE AND DERMALINE PILL MASTERCHEMISTRACE. oh nooooo
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12760 on: December 31, 2013, 12:42:51 pm »

What's the point of the turbine?  I set up one on metastation on basil, and from what I saw, you can operate it two ways. In bursts, or continuously.

In bursts, you can generate lots of power by letting the burn chamber build lots of heat and pressure before you open the turbine vent. Then when it goes through, you'll generate lots of power, which will steadily decline as the pressure and heat are lost.  This doesn't seem that useful though, because after you do this you'll need to close up the chamber again, refill it with burn mix, ignite it, then wait a while for it to come up to pressure and temp, then repeat the whole process.  It seems like you could easily go over 200k kw of power this way, but there's only 1 smes, so anything over 200k is wasted unless you wire directly to the grid.

If you want to run it continuously, you need to pipe oxygen and plasma into it from the atmos tanks.  I found that directly piping the oxygen tank and plasma tank to the burn chamber works best, even though you get a non-ideal 50/50 mix, it's still worth it due to the increased gas flow due to not having to have a mix pump. 

I found I could generate over 100k KW of power continuously this way, which will keep going forever until the oxy or plasma runs out.  However that's a lot of work for 100k kw of power.  Wiring up 2 solars accomplishes better than this with much less effort.

So, aside from the novelty, what's the point of the turbine?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12761 on: December 31, 2013, 12:44:43 pm »

the point of the turbine is a throwback to the good old days of the plasma drive :V

it was a great thing but it's time to move on because nobody can recreate it or people who can just can't be fucked

i remember half the design myself

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: December 31, 2013, 01:47:18 pm »

I think bay has the old turbine.

Turbines are cool, just ask metaside, who is producing a mini-station powered by three of them.

Or how ever you spell the dudes name.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: December 31, 2013, 03:31:12 pm »

I think bay has the old turbine.

Turbines are cool, just ask metaside, who is producing a mini-station powered by three of them.

Or how ever you spell the dudes name.

Yeah, I've been planning to take Singulo hostage as a Nuke Op there recently and boy was I surprised.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12764 on: December 31, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »

Honk Glloyd just merged a version with broken ointments and bruise packs have fun.

I'll merge again now.
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1654