Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120854 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12375 on: December 12, 2013, 01:45:20 pm »

If you do something like that again, a no bombs rule might be in order, or something like a miniboss in toxins (An admin controlled blob, perhaps?)  It was a really cool and unique event.

Next time, I'll probably put the Bandits in the Toxins area. Swarms of them. Because Russian-mobs are fucking bosslike apparently. I think I'll keep the massive swarm of spiders in Security, that seemed to work out fairly well. And I like what Glloyd did with the Ancient Silicon Lord.

And yeah, I had Disintegrate and a shitpile of other death/incap spells as the Dracolich, but I felt like it would be cheap to just murder half the crew before they realized I was hostile.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: December 12, 2013, 01:59:45 pm »

Has the server address changed, or is it just down? I haven't been able to connect in a couple of days.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: December 12, 2013, 03:05:37 pm »

It's tough in SS13 to really be a challenging enemy without just... killing half the people...
Also, it would have been really awesome if you had eaten me when I had the primed bomb.  A giant alium queen dragon can eat people, right? 

"Haha, I eat you puny human... what's that ticking sound?"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: December 12, 2013, 03:11:01 pm »

"Hmm... Not over here, not over there...
Kinda... Catchy..."

Fooking ninjas.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: December 12, 2013, 03:33:44 pm »

The dragon round and the round after it were great.  Or at least the second round was great for me.  Winston Davenport, Assistant luchadore extraordinaire.  Ran around the station shooting people with a laser tag gun and generally having a good time.  Those masks are probably the best things ever, because of all caps and OLE! ever so often. 

Everything was going great that round until I accidentally hit Axel Axel with the laser gun, just sorta bashed him because I was standing too close.  Dragged him to medbay, got thrown in cryo myself because of some "toxin" damage.  Threw me in toxin long enough to be knocked over, got dragged into a conversion rune.  I realized at that point that I probably consigned some dead guy I dragged there earlier to being a cultist as well.  Oh well.  About five minutes after I had been converted, we were told to all meet in the theater.  11 cultists later, Nar'Sie has entered the playing field.  All 11 of us are dead, and Nar'Sie goes and eats two more people, just in time for Axl Blyant to make it off of the station by herself.  How Axl managed to live through the summoning of an Elder God, I'll never know.

The dragon round I had a lot of fun with as well, but instead of fighting the "dragon" at the end, I went with Gallant to go fight the Ancient Silicon Lord.  Ended up that the Ancient Silicon Lord just turned himself off after his little spiel, and while that was happening we missed the dragon bombingfight, and the wizzerd powers.  Still, had a lot of fun that round.  Good stuff all around.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: December 12, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »

Still appears down here
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: December 12, 2013, 07:05:47 pm »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:49 pm »

server is back up

Thank you for hosting this server, Vactor. We appreciate what you do.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: December 13, 2013, 07:10:33 am »

BTW, wizards will be able to Summon Magic soon, which is like summon guns, except with wands and one-use spellbooks.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:24 pm »

Awesome round at baystation.

Joined in as sec, and got an objective to steal a jetpack. Pretty easy, since sec gets free access to EVA. Halfway through the round, the HoS organizes the heist of the century, by stealing the destructive analyzer from science, and delivering it to a syndie agent. . . By blowing a hole in the holodeck and dragging the analyzer to the agents shuttle.. I steal the jetpack in the confusion and hide it in a locker.

I spend the rest of the time RP'ing, until the shuttle is called, when i decide to just waltz in the shuttle with the jetpack in one hand and a syndie balloon in the other. Sadly, the other guys noticed the jetpack and took it. I then spend the rest of the time laughing at the sheer audacity of what I just did.

I love this game.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: December 13, 2013, 01:29:16 pm »

I don't know about SS13, but in most multiplayer games I've played people compulsively check containers for anything someone might have left.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: December 13, 2013, 01:32:04 pm »

I don't know about SS13, but in most multiplayer games I've played people compulsively check containers for anything someone might have left.
Not really in SS13. Good loot is rare and generally not in random lockers.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: December 13, 2013, 01:47:37 pm »

Oh I'm not saying players check containers because loot spawns there. They check containers because other players put things in containers.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: December 13, 2013, 01:58:51 pm »

Well, I hid it in one of the sec lockers, which are never used except to pick up your starting equipment.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: December 13, 2013, 05:08:36 pm »

Oh I'm not saying players check containers because loot spawns there. They check containers because other players put things in containers.

With the very limited storage space you get, a huge number of possible storage space, and low number of things you would be interested in amongst all the possible stuff people could put there, not really a case.

Even then SS13 does not have loot in the traditional sense, the closest you get is Artifacts when mining or stashed traitor stuff for turning in or using as another traitor.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1654