Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2121458 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12150 on: November 29, 2013, 11:27:33 am »

true... Hmm... Where is there space...
We can always replace/move the bomb range and have it there.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: November 29, 2013, 11:30:47 am »

We're not moving the AI off the Z-level, that's that. There is potential to move it somewhere else though, a la Metastation.

Southwest of the station, off cargo. West of security, behind the HoS office. South east of the station, south of the bomb range (Which would be humorous if a toxins scientist got overzealous on his testing.), North of the bomb range. Literally anywhere around the circumference of the station is a possible place. I personally think it should just be inside the station, like it is. Perhaps even a little more centrally located/closer to the bridge, but there isn't much room in either of those locations.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: November 29, 2013, 11:35:28 am »

Southwest of the station is, if I recall the map correctly, the best option. Hard to know without going trough the trouble of updating my local repo.
The main problem with the AI/Telecomms right now is that they are somewhat akwardly wedged in there. Especially the AI. That's mostly my fault, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: November 29, 2013, 11:38:07 am »

Southwest of the station is, if I recall the map correctly, the best option. Hard to know without going trough the trouble of updating my local repo.
The main problem with the AI/Telecomms right now is that they are somewhat akwardly wedged in there. Especially the AI. That's mostly my fault, tough.

The AI should probably have a little more of a buffer so it's a bit harder to bomb them out of existence, but meh. A lot of people seem to believe the AI is OP when having a tool kit = instant slow but sure win for the crew. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: November 29, 2013, 11:40:47 am »

Doesn't that just make it easier for hardsuit types to get to the AI, and harder for everyone else? Since then you're totally safe from regular sec types, as well as random passers by, if you're trying to break through a wall into the AI chamber out in space. 

I think the AI's best protection is time taken to get into its chamber, and people seeing you in the act, as well as coming to the AI's rescue when it calls for help.  That's less likely out in space. 
You NEVER try to do traitor rounds without killing? Am I really the only one who douse?
Whats wrong with me?
I do. I've been a traitor so many times over the years playing this game that it became pretty boring for me. Killing someone is a good bit easier than not killing them, and getting something off a person (like the hypospray) without killing them makes your round a good bit harder. Being a merciful traitor is more interesting in most cases, too.
Don't forget the time I stole the hypospray off you by parapenning you then shoving you into the morgue.
I was thinking about that example in particular. It was a rare scenario indeed.

I don't think I would like a "kill nobody" objective. It's a pointless restriction that makes being a traitor next to impossible, like the ninja fluff objectives. Some traitors *gives a passing glance to Hans* base their tactics on flashy, amusing deaths and shows of force. Maybe if people took self-preservation more seriously instead of suicidally charging the guy covered in armor and guns. Until then, good luck killing nobody and hijacking the shuttle.

Well, you pulled it off when you locked everyone in the shuttle brig as the traitor clown. That should still count as hijacking the shuttle.  I don't think it would be easy, but it seems possible.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: November 29, 2013, 12:29:39 pm »

The problem is that the AI is placed reaaaaalllyyyy akwardly atm. The upload would still be on the main station. Honestly, doing as Metacide seems a good idea. Haven't heard a lot of complaints about the new AI location yet.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: November 29, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Version one of the AI satellite. The transit tube station has a door in security. I've yet to add some key features, like some additional items, the scrubber system, and the actual landmarks for the AI spawns. Thoughts?

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: November 29, 2013, 04:16:42 pm »

In my opinion, too many turrets in the off-rooms. Just put flashers in there instead.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: November 29, 2013, 05:12:18 pm »

Far too big. Shrink that AI chamber.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: November 29, 2013, 05:39:51 pm »

Server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: November 29, 2013, 05:43:01 pm »

Do we have the new augments?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: November 29, 2013, 06:44:45 pm »

Do we have the new augments?
We asked for them...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: November 29, 2013, 06:50:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tweaks. Now?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: November 29, 2013, 08:08:53 pm »

You can take out those tables in the AI chamber and make it even smaller, that thing next to the airlock is odd, and you can reorganize the atmo/borg room?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: November 29, 2013, 08:54:10 pm »

I was going to play, but my mouse finally gave in and died a heavy metal death, splitting apart from the USB port, leaving the plug there, basically severing the cable.

So, I plan to figure out a way to give it a Viking funeral in honor of its service and go get another tomorrow.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1654