Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120724 times)

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #12045 on: November 24, 2013, 07:55:32 pm »

That mean we have to have the aggravating ads and general garbage?
No. Don't install flash for IE. I've yet to see a single ad.

Could always get a membership to byond. No ads + flashy ooc colors!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:47 pm »

That mean we have to have the aggravating ads and general garbage?
No. Don't install flash for IE. I've yet to see a single ad.

Could always get a membership to byond. No ads + flashy ooc colors!

24 dollars for a year? I'll take the ads.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12047 on: November 24, 2013, 08:36:37 pm »

Ads aren't even that bad. If you reconnect fast enough you can still ready up. It's just 15-20 seconds of your life before a game.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: November 24, 2013, 09:31:15 pm »

Ads aren't even that bad. If you reconnect fast enough you can still ready up. It's just 15-20 seconds of your life before a game.

Plus you can turn off the sound on the ad. Half the time the ads don't even load for me either.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: November 24, 2013, 10:02:31 pm »

I actually play with my volume off most of the time so I don't notice. Besides, with new BYOND it gives opportunities for new things.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: November 24, 2013, 10:11:36 pm »

Thanks for the acknowledgements, and I don't mind tending to the server, just keep being cool dudes to one another.

quick edit: updating isn't as much work for me as it is for the coders we have both here and over at /tg/ they deserve more thanks than I do.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: November 25, 2013, 02:32:18 am »

We had 40 people on the server?

And Cheedows, if you play with sound off, you can't hear the AI spam 'fuck' 30 times a minute :P (I found the AI announce verb in the panel today, heheh)
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12052 on: November 25, 2013, 02:34:14 am »

Oooooooh, I saw that, but didn't test it out. What's it do? I assume it announces something.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: November 25, 2013, 05:03:12 am »

Oooooooh, I saw that, but didn't test it out. What's it do? I assume it announces something.

It allows you to say any sentence as an actual sound clip, provided the words you use have been actually recorded - it's not a synthesizer, it works kinda like space piano except for words.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: November 25, 2013, 10:33:32 am »

Yeah, VOX was reimplemented by Gia. This time without HL2's copyrighted sounds. (sadly, this means we have no woop sound effect. But hey, ASS BLAST USA!).

And, as Vactor said, the coders are doing fucktons of stuff. Tg has about 30 PRs right now. One of them is mine. Expect chameleon boxes and mailman jumpsuits soon :)

If you have to watch ads for something, it's still free. What the fuck were the BYOND devs supposed to do? Shut down BYOND? Starve?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: November 25, 2013, 11:13:09 am »

And, as Vactor said, the coders are doing fucktons of stuff. Tg has about 30 PRs right now. One of them is mine. Expect chameleon boxes and mailman jumpsuits soon :)
Pretty much right after one of my PR get's in I push another one. Or at least try.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: November 25, 2013, 03:56:26 pm »

I put together an alternate design for the mining station. What does everyone think, and is this one or the current one better?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: November 25, 2013, 04:14:08 pm »

It doesn't look dangerous enough. Certainly not nearly hectic enough for hauntings.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: November 25, 2013, 04:25:18 pm »

It doesn't look dangerous enough. Certainly not nearly hectic enough for hauntings.

There is a giant hole to freaking SPACE in the CENTER of the room, and that's not dangerous enough for you?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: November 25, 2013, 04:30:04 pm »

There is a giant hole to freaking SPACE in the CENTER of the room, and that's not dangerous enough for you?

Big walkways and very easy travel from space suits to medical to food. People would have a hard time stumbling over each other while huddling in the dark.
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 1654