Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120721 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11820 on: November 13, 2013, 06:57:12 pm »

For one, that's ambrosia, not weed. Weed has more of a maple leaf look to it. Ambrosia leaves already look legal, at least IRL.
I called it weed because that's pretty much what I've always called it in the game. And the weed leaf looks kinda like a maple, not the part you smoke. Don't worry, I know what weed looks like.
The leaf is the part that you smoke. Unless you want your blood replacing with THC.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: November 13, 2013, 06:58:38 pm »

For one, that's ambrosia, not weed. Weed has more of a maple leaf look to it. Ambrosia leaves already look legal, at least IRL.
I called it weed because that's pretty much what I've always called it in the game. And the weed leaf looks kinda like a maple, not the part you smoke. Don't worry, I know what weed looks like.
The leaf is the part that you smoke. Unless you want your blood replacing with THC.

No, IRL you smoke the flowering buds. That's why weed often has seeds in it, the cheap stuff at least. Because the buds were fertilized and had started reproducing. Or it was a male plant.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: November 13, 2013, 07:16:48 pm »

No, IRL you smoke the flowering buds. That's why weed often has seeds in it, the cheap stuff at least. Because the buds were fertilized and had started reproducing. Or it was a male plant.
Not exclusively. The flowering organ has a higher concentration in it, but it isn't uncommon for people to smoke the leaves as well. A quick google search confirmed my pre-existing knowledge.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: November 13, 2013, 07:18:03 pm »

...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11824 on: November 13, 2013, 07:35:53 pm »

I wouldn't mind being part of an impromptu Capture the Flag event using the station as the playing field (engineers will have to modify it to add challenge).

We need flags.

Depending on # of teams, maybe 4 flags and a neutral find a hidden flag (RBGYW) and return it to your base can also be applied.

Medbay with a fast enough doctor can hide a flag and score a point easy. Just find a victim willing to take one for the team and have one stuffed inside them. Still technically a point since they would cross a line; but if the flag needs to be planted to count, then they'll need to be ripped open again to get it out.

EDIT:
Thinking it through a bit more, I think the R&R team would have it made provided the chef makes a (or enough) wheel(s) of cheese. Why? Cheese can be stuffed with all manners of things, including more wheels of cheese. Not to mention, a cheese wheel requires a tray or table to be sliced open and collect the goods within (buried under God knows how many cheese wedges you have to filter through, possibly making the server lag a tad to load up all the items (right-clicking) under that one tile, just to find a single flag under a metric crap-ton of cheese). Have fun scoring against the chef for that reason alone.

Chemistry can always rig their flag with proxy-space lube foam grenades (non-fatal rules applied), and relocate while defending with a bottle of lube in hand. Research can always have canisters of knockout gas surrounding their flags, unless someone wises up and puts on a mask before going through, but then they can always sic a slime or a mech after someone. Security can always plant their flag deep in the brig, and setup flashes and such beforehand, and always taze the opposing teams. Cargonia has the upper hand of having disposals on their side, but Engineering can always re-route the disposal pipes (but then again, Engineers are robust as fuck in regards to CTF (rerouting and so forth, plus boxing in their flag with reinforced walls; not to mention, the singulo area (especially with a live singulo; especially with an indestructible flag), or anywhere outside the station is downright unfair), so they're optional, and serve better as refs; same can be said about security).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:03:24 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: November 13, 2013, 07:37:03 pm »

I want banners we can parade around. Or that you can have on your back, warrior style. The possibilities are endless!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: November 13, 2013, 07:43:52 pm »

I want banners we can parade around. Or that you can have on your back, warrior style. The possibilities are endless!
I would like to put an end to these possibilities.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: November 13, 2013, 08:02:06 pm »

TOOLS!

Its he closest weed analog.

Okay, next time you smoke a screwdriver, please record it and send me the video.
I was talking about two different things...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: November 13, 2013, 08:02:20 pm »

Why would you use space lube foam? Smoke works just as well and gives you much better coverage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11829 on: November 13, 2013, 08:05:00 pm »

I didn't think smoke would spread it and still make it useful. I thought it would just be another smoke cloud.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:53 pm »

Security can always plant their flag deep in the brig, and setup flashes and such beforehand, and always taze the opposing teams. Cargonia has the upper hand of having disposals on their side, but Engineering can always re-route the disposal pipes (but then again, Engineers are robust as fuck in regards to CTF (rerouting and so forth, plus boxing in their flag with reinforced walls; not to mention, the singulo area (especially with a live singulo; especially with an indestructible flag), or anywhere outside the station is downright unfair), so they're optional, and serve better as refs; same can be said about security).
Alternatively, Engineers vs. Sec.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11831 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:13 pm »

Security can always plant their flag deep in the brig, and setup flashes and such beforehand, and always taze the opposing teams. Cargonia has the upper hand of having disposals on their side, but Engineering can always re-route the disposal pipes (but then again, Engineers are robust as fuck in regards to CTF (rerouting and so forth, plus boxing in their flag with reinforced walls; not to mention, the singulo area (especially with a live singulo; especially with an indestructible flag), or anywhere outside the station is downright unfair), so they're optional, and serve better as refs; same can be said about security).
Alternatively, Engineers vs. Sec.
Engineers vs. Sec. vs. Heads vs. Grey Tide. (vs. additional round creatures (Changeling, malf. AI, Alium, Syndies, Spiders, etc.))

Now there's a 4/5-way. Non-fatal rules ought to make it especially challenging, since there's a million ways to kill someone, but so few ways to not kill someone.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:11:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: November 13, 2013, 08:10:55 pm »

I didn't think smoke would spread it and still make it useful. I thought it would just be another smoke cloud.
Nah, it spreads lube to every tile the smoke touches. With a 20uPhos/20uPotass/10uLube beaker and 20uSugar/30uLube beaker you can cover most of the main cabin of the escape shuttle, for example. If you really want to be cruel, replace some of the lube with plasma.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: November 13, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

Can different flag sides team up? Because Grey Tide will get mobbed quickly.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: November 13, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »

Engineers vs. Sec. vs. Heads vs. Grey Tide. (vs. additional round creatures (Changeling, malf. AI, Alium, Syndies, Spiders, etc.))
Well, what happens with the Head!Sec and the Head!Engineer?
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1654