Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122427 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11340 on: November 02, 2013, 02:12:34 pm »

And as I said, THERE IS A PULL REQUEST UP FOR A MINING LABOR CAMP.

Yeah, it was there a few days ago, but it's not there anymore. Did it get closed? If this goes through, that'll be awesome. Back in April I made one for our server, but people didn't want it at the time. So if it goes through, I'll make a custom one for our map.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: November 02, 2013, 02:15:42 pm »

Isn't the mining camp on the server 3 map?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: November 02, 2013, 02:21:14 pm »

And as I said, THERE IS A PULL REQUEST UP FOR A MINING LABOR CAMP.

Yeah, it was there a few days ago, but it's not there anymore. Did it get closed? If this goes through, that'll be awesome. Back in April I made one for our server, but people didn't want it at the time. So if it goes through, I'll make a custom one for our map.
Yeah, the guy that made it closed it because he fucked a few things up and it wasn't able to be automerged. It'll reappear soon.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: November 02, 2013, 03:14:29 pm »

I wonder if we could set up ourown prison sorta camp, but for farming or something.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: November 02, 2013, 04:11:30 pm »

Another meaningless voice in support of permabotany here.

re: brigging/permabrigging: The most surefire way to get yourself locked up alone for however long is to be an abrasive dick and do everything in your power to avoid helping or complying with sec. If you blatantly commit crimes, try to escape whenever possible, constantly insult the sec officer(s) and shut down any efforts they make at meaningful RP, you're asking for it. Another good way to get yourself stun-cuff-brigged is to (antag or otherwise) try to robust sec whenever they don't instantly stuncuff you. If the only experiences sec has are a) trying to RP and being killed/stripped for their efforts or b) stuncuffing anyone who is remotely suspicious, guilty, or aggressive, it isn't hard to guess which option they'll prefer.

When I play sec, I go out of my way to RP and not just lelstun whenever I think something dodgy is going down. Too often, though, that just ends with someone trying to take a blunt object to my face, run away, or slip me up and strip my gun. Still, there are a very short list of times where I'll perma someone:
1. Repeated murders/murder attempts. If they go AFK when I capture them and start prepping them for perma, chances are I might just space them instead, with permission from the Captain if there is one, especially if they've been randomly violent for no apparent reason.
2. Repeated serious crimes/absurd amounts of lower-level crime, negative attitude, no attempts to RP, going AFK every time they're caught/brigged.
3. Repeated escapes from brig/assistance from within the crew combined with dangerous crimes, though in both this case and 1 I usually call/ask for a show of support for a call of the shuttle as soon as they're locked up. In all cases where they don't AFK, I offer borging as an alternative. If someone's response is just "FUCK U OMG Y U NO LET ME DO WAT I WANT FAGET", fuck 'em.

If you're going to murderboner, that's your choice; expect that if you're caught after starting it, you're either going to die (probably by crewlynch) or be thrown in perma. If you repeatedly antagonize Sec and heads for no good reason, especially while doing things which endanger others, it really shouldn't be a surprise. I try to avoid perma'ing people for the same reason that I try to avoid killing whenever possible as antag, but there are times where someone is about as close as possible to literally asking for it.

For me, at least, the one thing above all else that will keep (relatively minor) offenders out of brig is effort to RP.  The second is, if you're busted for a minor crime, owning up and doing your time. If you trespass or break & enter a relatively unimportant area and make an effort to RP, chances are I (or someone with a similar style) might let you off with a warning. Even with stuff like assault with a deadly weapon you might get a trimmed down sentence if you try to RP and give a decent explanation of your actions IC. Conversely, if you instantly flee, avoid RPing, and insult me when I catch you, I'm going to give you the maximum sentence and crack down harder if they commit more crimes. At which point people start bitching about shitcurity. If sec is forcibly having to resist the temptation to harmbaton your face in, it might be novel to consider that perhaps it isn't because they're naturally violent shitlords.

SS13: Police Simulator.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: November 02, 2013, 04:27:21 pm »

SS13 is also a good petty thief simulator.

I occasionally like roleplaying that my character has a "friend" who deals in "things that fall off the backs of spaceships", so I occasionally break into things to steal rather minor items. The only major thing I stole that was major was a laser gun. Would that be considered too much? I always make sure to serve my time and own up if I get caught. The problem is, it's just way too fun trying to stealth around while breaking into places of medium security. It's more rewarding then the items I get from it, though that laser gun actually came in handy when a fight broke out on the evac shuttle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: November 02, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »

When I go as security I always wind up going off the deep end due to people just... Being dicks to be dicks.
Same with heads, Ai, and quite often cargo. the last one surprised me.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: November 02, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »

Well, it is Cargo. I can't tell who can screw over the station more: engineering or cargo. Engineering has the singulo and atmos, but cargo just has so many ways to make things go horribly wrong.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: November 02, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »

When I play cargo I'm usually so bored that I start breeding corgis.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: November 02, 2013, 04:41:48 pm »

SS13 is also a good petty thief simulator.

I occasionally like roleplaying that my character has a "friend" who deals in "things that fall off the backs of spaceships", so I occasionally break into things to steal rather minor items. The only major thing I stole that was major was a laser gun. Would that be considered too much? I always make sure to serve my time and own up if I get caught. The problem is, it's just way too fun trying to stealth around while breaking into places of medium security. It's more rewarding then the items I get from it, though that laser gun actually came in handy when a fight broke out on the evac shuttle.

i once had a character who stole stuff from nanotrasen on every single occasion possible and i'm not even ashamed

was on baystation though

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: November 02, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »

Well, its not really that, its shitty roboticists being... well... shit.
I probally should shutup about it as it was a diffrent server.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: November 02, 2013, 04:53:54 pm »

There is nothing, bar nothing, that makes me more prone to outbursts of murderous violence than a QM who tries to make me fill out forms to order something that's time-critical while the station is in danger.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: November 02, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »

Make sure to have your department head stamp it too!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: November 02, 2013, 05:00:57 pm »

Is it guns? Are you allowed access to said guns? Is there someone WITH access to the guns on station and a stamp? Get them to sign it.
*Me as a tech.*

Or better yet:
Want more metal? Well, we have no miners, you are acting like dicks for no reason and ... OH! you haven't returned the crate. OR requested any metal over the consoles. No metal for you.
*Also me as a tech*
Highly Opinionated Fool

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: November 02, 2013, 05:05:58 pm »

Another meaningless voice in support of permabotany here.

re: brigging/permabrigging:

Well said, but there is one small thing that needs to be considered.

Brigging is worse than permabrigging.

It's pretty absurd, but it's true. Perma at least has some features added as an attempt to keep people from quitting due to boredom - meanwhile, piss off security and you're stuck for ten minutes bedbuckled and flashed until you're blind if you try to unbuckle at worst, walk around and bash your shoes on the lamp at best.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1654