Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122217 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11325 on: November 02, 2013, 12:01:50 pm »

Yeah, hydro in Perma is cool.

I don't like your suggestion tough, srcdest. That'd just allow everyone to escape permabrig every time somebody's time is up because of our door system.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: November 02, 2013, 12:02:18 pm »

It shouldn't be EASY to escape perma. If you could escape perma without a chance of dieing perma wouldn't be used and we'd just have a lot of traitors being incinerated because there's literally no place that can reliably hold them.

One thing Meta has better - Permaponics. We should add this in too. In fact, I would love it if regular prison cells were attached to Perma, and the door to the station would open once the time is up on the prisoner ID assigned. Being brigged should not be a force-tabout, plus giving prisoners the ability to produce goods necessitates people who go to the brig to take these out, which in turn facilitates some human interaction.

I can add hydroponics to perma no problem.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: November 02, 2013, 12:19:15 pm »

It shouldn't be EASY to escape perma. If you could escape perma without a chance of dieing perma wouldn't be used and we'd just have a lot of traitors being incinerated because there's literally no place that can reliably hold them.

One thing Meta has better - Permaponics. We should add this in too. In fact, I would love it if regular prison cells were attached to Perma, and the door to the station would open once the time is up on the prisoner ID assigned. Being brigged should not be a force-tabout, plus giving prisoners the ability to produce goods necessitates people who go to the brig to take these out, which in turn facilitates some human interaction.

I can add hydroponics to perma no problem.

Perhaps with a person excluding flap to send that produce to the other side where things can be sent to the chef? Would give cargo more to do since it's so close.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: November 02, 2013, 12:21:20 pm »

I could set up a dedicated disposal site that prisoners couldn't go into similar to that used at the mining outposts.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: November 02, 2013, 12:24:53 pm »

Except perma ISN'T a force-tabout, and NO ONE EVER gets permabrigged on our server, at least not lately. You can actually, ya know, roleplay stuff while in prison. I've escaped prison more times than I was forced to remain there. It's really not the 'force-tabout' you're saying it is, if you put some thinking into it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: November 02, 2013, 12:25:29 pm »

Aren't flaps indestructible? I was thinking using this space for the output if you do something like disposal or flaps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's easy access for cargo.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: November 02, 2013, 12:26:58 pm »

Just wanted to point out since I've forgotten too multiple times (Although I'm sure you're already aware of this) that the Toxins Mixing Chamber doors appear to be messed up. When trying to cycle and open the exterior airlock, it just stays bolted indefinitely most of the time or only opens after a very long time.

Also, the way I see it is that even if you do add fancy stuff for people to do in perma, the people who don't want to be there are still just going to quit the game. It might provide a few, hard to do escape routes but I imagine most traitors wouldn't want to waste their time and just call it quits.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: November 02, 2013, 12:31:30 pm »

Aren't flaps indestructible? I was thinking using this space for the output if you do something like disposal or flaps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's easy access for cargo.
Please note, MULEs should dump their contents BEHIND the flaps and not ON them. So you need to provide a space (preferably with windoor) behind the flaps for crates to be dumped.
(That said, the crates would best be dropped in sec itself and not in the Brig. If Glloyd finally un-fucks these pods there could be a small hallway leading to the pod which would allow space for crates to be dumped.)

And maybe we could do like Metastation and bring back the AI/Tcomms sat. You pretty much have to admit that the AI core and upload are wedged uncomfortably between the main hall and Xenobio (altough that's my fault for a big part too.)

If we seperate Tcomms and the AI core into a sattelite, you could comfortably make Xenobio into a department dangling from the station like Metastation has it, OR we could rotate it 90 degrees. (And move the upload down to where tcomms is right now, altough then it'd be a bit more out of the way.)

(And again, that said, we don't have a lot of space for a seperate sattelite.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:38:55 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: November 02, 2013, 12:36:01 pm »

It doesn't need to be MULE accessible. MULE home is a dozen tiles away. Produce would have to be boxed up for the chef anyway.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: November 02, 2013, 12:45:39 pm »

Except perma ISN'T a force-tabout, and NO ONE EVER gets permabrigged on our server, at least not lately. You can actually, ya know, roleplay stuff while in prison. I've escaped prison more times than I was forced to remain there. It's really not the 'force-tabout' you're saying it is, if you put some thinking into it.

No one gets permabrigged because permabrigging is fucking boring for the person getting permabrigged and thus perma-ing someone would not be a nice thing to do to someone - so, self-fulfilling prophecy.

Regular brig is even worse - maybe you had the opportunity to roleplay, but all of my experiences with being brigged was spending a couple of minutes watching my character laying in bed or walking back and forth, because once I got locked up the sec officer fucked off to do something else leaving me alone in the cell with precisely nothing to do in-game.

Just wanted to point out since I've forgotten too multiple times (Although I'm sure you're already aware of this) that the Toxins Mixing Chamber doors appear to be messed up. When trying to cycle and open the exterior airlock, it just stays bolted indefinitely most of the time or only opens after a very long time.

Also, the way I see it is that even if you do add fancy stuff for people to do in perma, the people who don't want to be there are still just going to quit the game. It might provide a few, hard to do escape routes but I imagine most traitors wouldn't want to waste their time and just call it quits.

Yes, people who don't want to be in perma and are unwilling to do anything about it will quit, but there are some people who don't want to quit the moment they get into perma. Adding something to do while in perma does absolutely nothing to harm those who will quit and let people interested in playing play the game, instead of getting bored and quitting as well.

Actually, there's an easier way to do that. Have sec open the cell doors on request and make the doors cycle. So, once someone is locked up the cell doors close and the social area door opens, and once the time is up you get a Sec officer to press the button to close the social area door and open the cell door. If more than one prisoner comes into the cell, the officer doesn't need to press the button until the surplus prisoners GTFO.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: November 02, 2013, 01:28:14 pm »

Seems more like the problem isn't permabrigging at all, but the players (not) roleplaying with prisoners. If that's the case (since I'm never on when other people are anymore and therefore don't know firsthand) then yeah, something like brigoponics (or penal mining) would be nice, because then it'd help push for more interaction, or at least give the prisoner something to do.

And really people should only permabrig others if they intend for there to be further interaction (retrial, execution, conjugal visits), since leaving someone alone with crap to do but make a risky escape is a dick move.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: November 02, 2013, 01:32:10 pm »

Penal mining (do we really have to call it something so close to penis mining) is up in a PR.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: November 02, 2013, 02:02:17 pm »

No, as close as we can. The closer the better.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: November 02, 2013, 02:06:44 pm »

I feel like permabrig could use some serious additions- for instance, they don't help the crew in any way. While they probably won't help after being brigged, having the ability to grow nondangerous produce, cook for themselves, and possibly even forced mining could be a nice addition.

Making perma escapable... well, probably not. Though, maybe have an all-access "emergency escape" button that can be pressed during a jailbreak/someone non-sec traitor letting them out? In-RP, it could be a Nanotrasen-created law because someone died who was wrongly permabrigged during a station evac, or something.

---

A special mining outpost might be given to prisoners, as a way to work off a permabrig (bring in x amount of thing, and "good behavior" kicks in). Or, they may just launch themselves madly through space, attempting to land somewhere near the station... possibly have implants/monitors for them.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: November 02, 2013, 02:08:56 pm »

>Nanotrasen
>Caring about the death of prisoners or innocent crewmembers

There is a major fault in your logic.

And as I said, THERE IS A PULL REQUEST UP FOR A MINING LABOR CAMP.

Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1654