Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117099 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #10665 on: October 12, 2013, 03:43:31 pm »

... Someone overreacted and made a Nar-Sie. A full size one. Then someone else made another Nar-Sie. A smaller one. So I made one too. Then I made a singuloth, and fed it the souls of 150 humans, and ate two Nar-Sie's with it for the sake of the server.

Doooooonuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts! I BLAME YOU!
Donuts has merely shown his status as alpha badmin.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: October 12, 2013, 03:48:05 pm »

Also, if you spawn ten humans inside a 1x1 singulo, it makes an awesome vortex of gore.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: October 12, 2013, 04:31:29 pm »

... Someone overreacted and made a Nar-Sie. A full size one. Then someone else made another Nar-Sie. A smaller one. So I made one too. Then I made a singuloth, and fed it the souls of 150 humans, and ate two Nar-Sie's with it for the sake of the server.

Doooooonuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts! I BLAME YOU!
Donuts has merely shown his status as alpha badmin.
Donuts is a pretty cool dude who doesn't afraid to consistently lose at mech battles.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: October 12, 2013, 06:31:19 pm »

I've gotten myself trapped before and had to call for help when other stuff was going on. Just a bad combination of things happened. It can lead to unexpected RP in a session, which is how SS13 works.
Janitor carts in maint. tunnels.
Every. Fucking. Time.

Unless you have a toolbelt without ALL your janitor gear you are screwed. Janitor is just loaded down with cleaning supplies during a shift.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: October 12, 2013, 08:29:30 pm »

I finished a round as QM, and then did a bit of a round as a Chaplain for Pelor. The latter was actually okay, even in spite of a real set of things to do.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: October 12, 2013, 08:30:43 pm »

Arglebargle.

Damn spawn as captain become borg griefer.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: October 12, 2013, 10:22:06 pm »

I spawned in the round as my usual assistant survivalist but this time, I got Traitor! So with that thrust upon me my regular rp role was overridden by my objectives which were to assassinate the Botanist and escape alive.

The first thing I did was run into somewhere secluded and order a Mystery box. In the box I got a full space suit, some sort of beacon(which I thought was a bomb at first but turns out it was a singularity beacon) and a Emag. Now the Botanist was an odd player and as this is public weekend probably a pubbie. I had found him trying to break into EVA and as a nice person I decided to help him and emagged the door for him. I then helped him broke into the HoP and then the Captain's room where he stole all sorts of stuff. He was even nice enough to gave me the antique and energy gun!

Keep in mind that I my objective was to kill him but I found that if I bide my time we would end up somewhere secluded and then I could strike.

So eventually we ended up in toxins research but feeling like its too early in the round to kill him I decided to leave him to his own devices. I went to the bar and rped a bit with the barman and then I heard over the radio that my target had been arrested for trying to spread plasma for some reason.

So then I take my time getting over to the brig and find him being dragged into the court room. I chat with him for a little bit, with him still not knowing that I was supposed to kill him and then I get an idea. The Idea is to plant a bomb in maintenance near the court room and then when it goes off I go in and finish off my target. Imagine my surprise when I get inside maintenance and activate the beacon I get a singularity beacon instead of the expected bomb. So I rush to engineering and turn the particle accelerator to max. I was lucky there was no engineers there and make it out still a unknown traitor.

Cue me waiting for a few minutes around the court room acting normal, starting to worry that I didn't set up the singlo beacon up correctly or that someone fixed the particle accelerator. Then, suddenly, server crippling lag. walking feels sluggish and clicks seem to take forever to respond but I knew now for sure that the singularity had gotten loose. I ran to engineering to make sure and sure enough there was a straight path of destruction out of engineering. It took everyone a few minutes to catch on due to the size of the station but when they did the shuttle was immediately called.

Last I heard of my target was from the AI, Stating that my target as well as a security borg had been eaten by the singularity.

The end was mostly uneventful, people scrambling to get to the escape hall, I messed up trying to kill the HoP due to me thinking he was alone. He narrowly dodges my shot and eventually I get murdered as my door prize.

In the end I would have won if I didn't get that last minute urge to murder someone who was not my target. In fact I technically didn't murder anyone directly, the singularity did a great job doing my objective for me.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: October 13, 2013, 02:07:47 am »

Is the public weekend over? It's not showing up on the list.

Edit: Note to self: I should probably not try to play when everyone is sleeping.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:20:11 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: October 13, 2013, 06:27:59 am »

That seems to be the only time I'm ever on...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: October 13, 2013, 06:34:05 am »

I think people have BYOND configured in such a way that it logs them out any time I log in. It is the only possibility.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: October 13, 2013, 09:30:04 am »

Is the public weekend over? It's not showing up on the list.

Edit: Note to self: I should probably not try to play when everyone is sleeping.

public weekend is still going
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: October 13, 2013, 09:37:09 am »

I keep shouting into OOC and nobody answers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: October 13, 2013, 10:05:48 am »

I keep shouting into OOC and nobody answers.

You need to type.  Voice recognition isn't in yet.   :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: October 13, 2013, 01:53:16 pm »

Server crash, or just me?

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: October 13, 2013, 01:57:18 pm »

Server crash, or just me?

Me too. How long does it usually take for it to get back on?
"It's unpossible!"
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1654