Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123385 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1035 on: March 08, 2013, 12:04:47 pm »

By the way, about these cargo boxes.
Mayby they could be opened in 10 or 20 seconds with a crowbar or something, but it would send a message to the AI and the person with clearance to open it? (If multiple people, e.g. Engineers, send it to the CE. If no CE, send it to the Engineer.)

Better yet, welded open with Improved Welder (you need to hack a machine to get those, you need a mask, and it could alert the AI).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 08, 2013, 12:07:00 pm »

Yeah, but that would make it syndicate-only, wich kinda sucks. The thing with e-mags and airlocks is best, imho. Syndicate can do it better, but your average assistant can do it too. (given that he nicked a wirecutter/multitool and screwdriver)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 08, 2013, 12:38:01 pm »

The wicked AI flooded the station with plasma. I'm not sure why only some rooms got filled up, it seems like the entire station should have been flooded simultaneously.

Because the atmos system is very odd it it's behavior... i dont like it either but thats how it is.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 08, 2013, 01:04:59 pm »

Hey, everybody. Sandbox mode != Let's grief the fuck out of everybody.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 08, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »

Yeah, but that would make it syndicate-only, wich kinda sucks. The thing with e-mags and airlocks is best, imho. Syndicate can do it better, but your average assistant can do it too. (given that he nicked a wirecutter/multitool and screwdriver)

How would that make it syndicate-only? You only need a screwdriver, multitool and a crowbar (for opening Cargo door, so optional really).
You ghetto-hack a soda machine to find the contraband wire, go to the vendomat in Tool Storage (on the way from Arrivals), hack the machine on the right, get the Improved Welder from it and break into Cargo to get the crate.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 08, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »

How would that make it syndicate-only? You only need a screwdriver, multitool and a crowbar (for opening Cargo door, so optional really).
You ghetto-hack a soda machine to find the contraband wire, go to the vendomat in Tool Storage (on the way from Arrivals), hack the machine on the right, get the Improved Welder from it and break into Cargo to get the crate.
Oh, I tought that you ment emagging.
Still, it's a pretty long way for something that simple, and if the relevant head(s) are alerted + the AI it would probably be good enough.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 08, 2013, 01:20:06 pm »

Oh, I tought that you ment emagging.
Still, it's a pretty long way for something that simple, and if the relevant head(s) are alerted + the AI it would probably be good enough.

Well, something simple, that also happens to let you break open incendiaries, virus crates, experimental weapons...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 08, 2013, 01:20:28 pm »

Hm, good point.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 08, 2013, 01:33:26 pm »

This is why no one ever plays sandbox unless its Rebuild-the-derelict mode, because no one gets the point of not using free access to captain spare id's, various armors, laser cannons, etc to robust people with.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:35:31 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 08, 2013, 01:35:17 pm »

It was slightly hilarious when I plopped down a plasma canister and opened the release valve in escape, and at that exact moment somebody hits me with a chameleon projector and it ignites.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 08, 2013, 02:43:45 pm »

This is why no one ever plays sandbox unless its Rebuild-the-derelict mode, because no one gets the point of not using free access to captain spare id's, various armors, laser cannons, etc to robust people with.

And sandbox mode should probably rely on the RP of the characters involved. If a character is being a total douche, enough so that you want to punch them IC AND OOC, then I say it would be a good RP thing if you punched them in the face. Note: This doesn't mean beat them to death. It means start a fistfight, like is very possible IRL. Unless you're playing some sort of mentally unstable sociopath, and then I hope you enjoy permabrig.

TL;DR You shouldn't just grief people, but sometimes it can be fun to have IC fistfights/fight escalation. (He punched me! I'ma stab him! He stabbed me! I'ma fuckin' shoot him with the syringe gun full of mindbreaker!)

For note: I wasn't playing that round.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 08, 2013, 04:18:43 pm »

And thats kinda the point of sandbox. If you want people to take the round kinda serious, do it in extended. Thats what I would do.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 08, 2013, 04:23:27 pm »

I was playing the angry QM, I tried to frame up Nathan (Who I think must have died pretty early). He pissed me off by sneaking into my warehouse behind me. I am surprised I wasn't arrested when I was caught snooping around the detective's office though. I made some excuse about seeing nathan go that way.  By the way, do you have to be the barman, or have security clearance to fire the shotgun?
I died early in Atmos due to a murderer hiding in one of the lockers. My headset was gone before I could cry out for help, ended up spaced. Note taken.

To be honest, I honestly wished the Captain didn't try being a Detective, it was painful watching. Blood pools, bloodied hazard vests on the floor, victim obviously missing.

Nope, Nathan is obviously alive despite the fact the blood belongs to him, and he can't be found.

People use Sandbox as an excuse to grief.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 08, 2013, 04:46:22 pm »

I played my first round of SS13 ever on the server last night.  I was a worthless assistant, with no one who wanted to be assisted.  Something happened to me, I can't remember right now, and because I was having some seriously bad lag I was hardly able to walk around the station.  After that something happened to me, I died, or something (Maybe it was some aliens?  One exploded out of me when we were hunting them...?) I went to the /tg/station13 server and played a few shifts (which is why I can't remember the Urist shift very well...).  Lots, lots, lots of fun.  I'm getting the hang of it and I'll be visiting again soon, if I can bare the lag (what area is the server in?  Just curious).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 08, 2013, 04:59:19 pm »

The area the server in is not the problem. The host just has a really shity ISP who likes to throttle his network connection whenever they can.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 1654