Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 39489 times)

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]
« Reply #465 on: May 17, 2013, 12:48:05 am »

Looks like Brother Thaddeus the Apothecary may have some work to do with such an 'interesting' group...
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 17, 2013, 06:59:53 am »

TOY HAMMER! HOW DARE YOU?!
This mighty hammer has been passed down the Zasumam-line for generations!

please don't sell it...
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 17, 2013, 08:16:27 am »

I wonder if I could be dorfed as a swordsdwarf, weaponsmith or mason, preferably male? Also, could I sign up to be an Overseer, or is it too late for that?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 17, 2013, 08:41:40 am »

Could I sign up to be an Overseer, or is it too late for that?

Never!

I'll add you to the overseers list. I'll also reset and update the dwarfs list since we did not actually go by it at all. Funny how that works. It's a new fort, though, so please post if you want to be dwarfed here, everyone.

Disclaimer: Should you choose to be dwarfed, the management cannot be held responsible for damage to and/or loss of sanity, hope or life essence/soul, nor lizard- or flood-related damages. Ballad quality is not assured, nor can we protect you from eventually being included in one. In case of sudden craving for dwarf brains, we encourage you to eat the cheese maker first. If you have one or several zombie-proof doomsday devices, please contact us for possibility of an overseer position.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 17, 2013, 09:01:20 am »

Also, double post but whatever: since this is a new fort, I feel it's also a good time to reconsider the first page. If you have any suggestions or comments, now or at a later time, about what you would like to see there in the future, what shouldn't be there anymore, and so on, please let me know. It's not just to give you a chance to make your mark on it - I'm still really busy in life with big exams, much more so than I would like, and doing relatively clear-cut mechanical fixes and revamps fits into my schedule much better than getting creative and designing things, so it actually helps me keep it up to date. Thanks.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 17, 2013, 10:57:30 am »

I'll add you to the overseers list. I'll also reset and update the dwarfs list since we did not actually go by it at all. Funny how that works. It's a new fort, though, so please post if you want to be dwarfed here, everyone.

I just went with a new "list" seeing as it's a new fort and all. New fort, new dwarves, hope I didn't screw up some bigger machinations :-/

Disclaimer: Should you choose to be dwarfed, the management cannot be held responsible for ...lizard-related damages. ...

Wait... wait... what?

Also, double post but whatever: since this is a new fort, I feel it's also a good time to reconsider the first page. If you have any suggestions or comments, now or at a later time, about what you would like to see there in the future, what shouldn't be there anymore, and so on, please let me know. It's not just to give you a chance to make your mark on it - I'm still really busy in life with big exams, much more so than I would like, and doing relatively clear-cut mechanical fixes and revamps fits into my schedule much better than getting creative and designing things, so it actually helps me keep it up to date. Thanks.

Hey, good luck with exams! I'll go over the first page, and see what needs updating. I'd almost say wait until turn 2 to see how the fort develops, and then update the page accordingly. Make sure to mention the "missing" expedition of Ghoullights 2 :P
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 17, 2013, 12:10:21 pm »

Disclaimer: Should you choose to be dwarfed, the management cannot be held responsible for ...lizard-related damages. ...
Wait... wait... what?
I believe this refers to that one incident where a captured tame crocodile went feral and killed a few people, who reanimated and so on, so forth. Pretty sure that was this fort. Sure, the fort lived but that's not the point. That's not what killed it right? Might have to reread. Anyway, if it's a new overseer list, I'm in.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 17, 2013, 12:46:43 pm »

Actually that crocodile ate one of our overseers. Probably saved some lives there, seeing how he was on a rampage. There was also a "spiffy" monitor lizard someone bought which would probably have done a similar thing had not everything died before it had the chance.

I'm going to keep the old succession turn list as is. However, to anyone who's reading this, if you're not comfortable with these newest turns of events or otherwise can't or don't want to take your turn or finish in a timely way, let us know in advance please.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #473 on: May 17, 2013, 05:25:05 pm »

finish in a timely way
That rules me out.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 17, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »

The Crocodile that murdered Overseer Ibram Gaunt saved millions of lives and ended his rampage 2 years early...
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MoridinUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure. Here's a save before embark - you just need to find the Forests of Smearing. Note that not all parts of it have flux like the Ghoullights area. I've played many games starting from this one save, and the Ghoullights spot is the best in the forest I think. Took me several embarks and prospecting to find it. Flat and with lots of ores and stones. Of course, if you don't want the hassle of an all zombifying embark, could embark somewhere on the edge of the forest.

http://depositfiles.com/files/5ayztolqo

I made it sound like an accident on purpose, but it actually took me a massive number of tries to find a region with zombies, phantom spiders and sliver barbs, living trees (if all vegetation is dead, you can't harvest the barbs either), interesting minerals, and no ugly wormy tendrils. Actually took one and a half day of just regenning worlds, and I eventually ended up limiting wormy tendrils to wet areas before finding this place. Evil biomes without them and with living trees happen ordinarily too, mind, so this was just removing one factor of uncertainty.

I found several with phantom spiders and sliver barbs and no zombies/husks on the first day already, but didn't feel that was very interesting. The PES stands for "perfect embark site" - I have some other saves from the process like one place with good and evil side by side and I believe the phantom silk reagents too, but none are as good as this. It's genned with some very aberrant parameters, namely max variance in things and 100,000 cycles of erosion. Maybe that's why we have such a blessing of different stones and minerals. I'm very happy to share it.

Edit: Ps. If you end up playing it, it would be lovely if you could maybe report on what happens. I think in this thread would be fine, we already have two storylines here that aren't part of the main timeline after all.

I was really excited to find this, but when I try to download it, the site says that it is no longer available!!! :(

Any ideas why?

Currently I'm only on page 9 but I'm loving this story, I'm trying to decide how I'd like to be Dwarfed!  :)

MoridinUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 19, 2013, 04:05:54 am »

Thanks!  Any advice for finding the embark site?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36