Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 40454 times)

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights Chapter II: The Blood of Nightmares [Succession]
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »

As long as the stuff you make has nothing to do with water, we will be fine :p
Ghoullights was built on two aquifers at different layers. The odds of him dealing with water are 200%.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2013, 07:07:36 pm »

Hahahahaha, you'll never stop the blue magma!

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2013, 08:47:16 pm »

Lol don't have to stop it :p just have to have a way to make sure it doesn't kill everyone :p and please lay cage traps all over the place ok? Cuzz when dwarves die and we don't have a way to capture their reanimayted corpses ... Well ghoullights 2 I hope doesn't die the same way :p

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2013, 03:33:03 am »

Lol don't have to stop it :p just have to have a way to make sure it doesn't kill everyone :p and please lay cage traps all over the place ok? Cuzz when dwarves die and we don't have a way to capture their reanimayted corpses ... Well ghoullights 2 I hope doesn't die the same way :p

Ghoullights 2: Come check out our amazing zombie zoo! Bring food. It's huge.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2013, 11:27:32 am »

Some things.

• I love this thread.
  • joeclark, I'm very happy to add you to the turn list. I thought Saltbuckle was a great idea.
  • Zombi hasn't been here for a few days. We shouldn't care because his opening post was so great. Let us know you're alive, though, buddy, when you can.
  • I'll make a new list of dwarfings when we're sure Ghoullights chapter 2 will continue and we don't have to skip on to chapter 3. That is, when Zombi gets back.
  • Something good, and something very bad. I've struck a rich vein of difficult exams that I desperately need to ace. All of my leisure time has officially been canceled until the end of the semester and a little beyond, except the bare minimum I need to stay sane. Needless to say playing DF much less modding it, painting scenes of it or playing another year in a succession fort is out of the question for now. I'll still check on this thread daily and maintain it. Sorry.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2013, 12:35:20 pm »

Aww, the thread loves you too :3
Good luck with your exams! We won't run the fort into the ground again while you're away, I promise!
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2013, 08:26:03 pm »

We're going to need an Apothecary / doctor
Requesting a male dwarf with medical skills, good attributes and some military skill.
Name: Brother Tallius
Profession: Head Apothecary

If possible make him the chief medical dwarf also.

Great to see a new chapter beginning, good luck!
(And don't unleash the waters of death)
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2013, 11:33:35 am »

Thanks so much! Well, unfortunately it's starting to look like it will have been a full week since Zombi last signed in. I don't believe he's gone for good - he's been part of the forums since 2011. Let's hope he's alright.

What do you guys think we should do? Give him the full 2 weeks' time, or authorize Cog to start a new chapter of Ghoullights sooner? If we end up skipping him, we could always give him the turn later.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 22, 2013, 11:37:15 am »

Give him another week. That's the normal system around here, right?
Maybe PM him, too.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2013, 11:51:57 am »

I changed the system enough times to make even myself confused when we were starting out. It was originally 1 week per update, like, do a good job and you can keep going. Then I realized that might lead to someone having a turn that lasts a full year real time, because one thing that happens is even if it's a fun thing like playing DF, you tend to postpone it as soon as it becomes an obligation. Then it was 1 week per update up to 3 weeks for a while. Then it became 2 weeks max which we have currently.

PMing him won't do any good, since he hasn't signed in. That's why you have to hope he's okay. I don't doubt that when he does sign in he'll let us know what's up either way.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 22, 2013, 11:58:13 am »

PMing him won't do any good, since he hasn't signed in. That's why you have to hope he's okay. I don't doubt that when he does sign in he'll let us know what's up either way.
Well, when I get PM'd, the forum sends me an email. If he has the same setup, then it will do some good.
Just PM the man. At worst, you'll be wasting a minute typing.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 22, 2013, 12:00:04 pm »

Oh hey, I didn't even know about that. Guess it shows how I'm not really what you would call a forum veteran. ::)

Thanks for the tip! PMing away!

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2013, 04:16:37 pm »

Sorry guys, had a week full of exams. Only have one this week though, should have it done by this week.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 26, 2013, 08:57:41 am »

ping!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »

You have detected an enemy sub! Drop depth charges?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36