Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 40477 times)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights - Zombie Elephants, Cruor and Silk [Succession]
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:09 pm »

Okay then. Your listing will say Bonehead - someone likely to die, later to be a zombie. A zombie overseer, that'll be flavor alright.

We currently have a terrible track record of getting dwarfings done though. Will have to nag at people about that at some point.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2013, 02:05:13 pm »

If there's interest, absolutely. We're not dead yet, though. Let's see how Zombi does it.

My personal suggestion? Settle the plot immediately next to Ghoullights, so we can absorb the maximum migrants and zombies that survived.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »

'tis fucked.

The best course of action would be to reembark near the original site to try and preserve the zombies, because there are no dwarves to preserve.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:28:10 pm by Zombi »

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 15, 2013, 07:43:32 pm »

So Ghoullights is officially beyond saving? Pity.
Was it I who put the wheels in motion to its downfall? Or was it inevitable from the start? Either way, that was fun.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 15, 2013, 07:47:20 pm »

Gah. I tol' ye tae use the dishwasher, but nay, ye had tae go wash those dishes all by hand. Now I'm all dirty too, and I cannae get tae me nice mist bath. Ye bleedin' idiots!
-Remuthra Bomrekshed's Last Words

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 15, 2013, 08:20:52 pm »

Please put me on the turn list.

edit* aww, I just realized it is over.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:24:57 pm by Impedocles »

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 15, 2013, 08:35:23 pm »

=KOLADISTAM NAZUSH DISUTH=
Ghoullights: The Blood of Nightmares

"Aye, yes, I remember that one," blurt out Onum, "Ghoullights it was called? Hoho, we haven't heard of that one in ages."
The human traveler shifted on the hard granite seat, obviously uncomfortable with both the seat and his host. Onum took out a Spearbreakers Mountainhome mug and filled it up with glumprong-flavored dwarven rum. The human traveler slowly took up the mica cup and took little sips at a time, the hard, stinging liquor burning down his throat. "It's pretty much a fable now. Something that colonist parents tell their yo'ng ones befor' they sleep, 'if you don't eat yer' plump helmets, they're gonna throw you into Ghoullights!' hoha, they always fall for it young." The human sighed, and let the liquor take him to his special happy place.

=Throne room, 3 years earlier.=

"You babbling idiot! What do you mean 'we're running out of silver?'" the king yelled at the viceroy with a thundering voice thought to rival that of Armok himself. "I- I'm sorry sir, b-but th' alliance has pushed us to the very edge. We can n-no longer af-aff-afford to keep those border settlements protected." the viceroy whimpered and retreated to the corner of the subterranean limestone room. The king sat and thought for a minute- then nearly jumped up, to the surprise of many.

"What happened to that- ah- Ghoullights?"

Everyone in the room gasped- forbidden by the previous king to be ever spoken again, the current one had broken the unspoken tradition of 5 years- never again.
"My l-lord, you d-do realize that, that place is cursed, it is hallowed ground... rumored to be where the necromancers emerged themselves! It would be heresy- heresy and suicidal to even mention that name in public, let alone send settlers there!"

And on that day the viceroy was no longer to be seen, nor his family, and nor any of the other people in the room that day.

=Tavern, Present Day=

A well-built, tall dwarf walked into the tavern, and sat down next to the human traveler. Holding several bags worth of seeds and preserved food, he requested a large tankard of ale, paid by the king. When it had been served, the bartender, Onum, asked him where he was heading.

"Ghoullights. Well, not exactly, we're going to settle right next to it."

Both bartender and human looked up and stared at the settler.

=The Embark=
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

=The Dwarves=
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess we're continuing from the old turn list?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:09:01 pm by Zombi »

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 15, 2013, 09:20:18 pm »

Radical move, but why not! Let's go on from the old turn list and see where this goes. I really approve of your writing style.

Did you embark already? Because it might be nice to select a location that reaches as far to the north as old Ghoullights, so as to have flux. Flux only exists on the very north edge of the embark, maybe the top row of tiles. Also to have no non-reanimating biomes was kind of the idea, although I guess one faraway tile of non-reanimating is basically the same.

Suggest that you take along lots and lots and lots of wood and dig another tree farm promptly, because both the caverns and the forest are a no-go as a source of wood.

I'll add Impedocles to the turn list. :)

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights Chapter II: The Blood of Nightmares [Succession]
« Reply #398 on: April 16, 2013, 02:24:46 am »

I look forward to the rendition, and please dwarf me as a female dwarf, don't care beyond that, and I shall be watching :p if u can find one that likes hatches .....

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 17, 2013, 02:45:38 pm »

Hey guys, how's the fort going?
 ::)

If no one minds I'd like to claim Zasit Ikudoddom as my dwarf. I like his name already, so just dorf him as Zasit so he's easier to recognice. If you are including him in your storytelling, depict him as someone who doesn't talk alot and preferes to make grunting noises instead of using words (very little linguistic ability) and hums strange melodies from time to time.

Grunting noises and musical genius.
He's basically zombie Beethoven. :P
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2013, 02:51:01 pm »

Hey, I'm glad you liked my idea! I look forward to seeing how this develops.
Which reminds me, I think I'm next on the turn list. Now I'm terrified.

*cough*

Could I ask for Rovod Alathegen? She's a her, which I'm not used to roleplaying, but I like everything about her. So a jeweler/armorsmith/weaponsmith :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2013, 03:35:17 pm »

I'd like to try a turn at this.  Put me on the overseer list and the dwarf list.  Any job will be fine.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2013, 03:47:38 pm »

Dwarf me as a miner, if you please.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2013, 03:48:48 pm »

I would like to be dwarfed as an old mechanic, please.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2013, 05:30:32 pm »

As long as the stuff you make has nothing to do with water, we will be fine :p
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36