Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 40460 times)

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights - Zombie Elephants, Cruor and Silk [Succession]
« Reply #375 on: April 09, 2013, 03:41:56 pm »

Ok, today will probably be the last decent day I have to run the fort, and I know I won't have it done by thursday, want me to continue? Wensday I got an appointment to go to then ill have a few hours, and thursday will probably be shot, and friday should have a few hours, then saterdays my next current free day,

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2013, 03:51:31 pm »

Ok, today will probably be the last decent day I have to run the fort, and I know I won't have it done by thursday, want me to continue? Wensday I got an appointment to go to then ill have a few hours, and thursday will probably be shot, and friday should have a few hours, then saterdays my next current free day,

Personally, I can wait until the weekend. Another option is, get as far in as you can and upload the save then. Whichever works.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 09, 2013, 11:52:13 pm »

I agree. Let's give you an extension until end of the weekend. You've been making steady, good progress and have been active and that's what counts (thanks for that). Or if you like, you can take this opportunity to step aside, but I think we could really use a finished turn at this point.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:31 am »

Mmmmk! Ill post whatever I have by sunday night at the latest, finished or not, just seems to take litteral hours to get through a month due to mass amounts of pausing and restarting :p I mean I'm about half done my turn but damn .... Bloody insane dwarves , need more happy I swear, either that or doesn't care about tragedy would be good :p

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2013, 09:34:56 pm »

The final journal of Ghoulights - The Zombie Apocalypse

Wow, what a dream! I dreamt that the fort died from a mass of undead ... that i was in charge and running the show, that a yak slaughtered us all ...

I get slowly out of bed, my head hurting and then i see it ... on the stone beside the bed, the amulet of the overseer .. so .. it wasnt a dream, but a vision of our destruction from Armok. With this in mind i grabbed the amulet and stormed off. Im sure everything thought i was crazy, cage traps? everywhere? a mass production of cages for them? A wall around the compound? Why do we need all these things? Well they didnt see waht i saw .. they didnt see the horror.

We have Secured ourselves in, doing our best to prevent others from dieing but we heard some screaming from a small bedroom nearby the main halls. It seems a zombie got in there somehow and ate Cilob Ulingaban in their sleep, we now have 2 zombies trapped in there behind a locked door. Cage traps were placed outside and I plan to open that door eventually and let them fall inside.

11th of Limestone - 1003

Chaosgear Mislogem went insane today. Screaming hes had enough, he charged at the nearest dwarf to vent his rage and fell into a cage trap. I plan to put him into the new Meeting hall as a warning to the others that we must remain strong lest we fall victim to ourselves.

We also ran out of both iron and wood for cage traps today, we are very limited now, only a few reserve cages left. I hope it will be enough before we can find more iron and copper.

19th of Limestone - 1003

Kib Avuzzareth let loose a roaring laughter, so fell and terrible, that everyone around him just dropped everything and ran. He took voer a butchers shop and starting working furiously. I am absolutely terrified and debating if i should wall him in ... though he is apparently workin on something ... i just hope we dont all die.

So he passed me by a short while later, carrying crossbow, i asked him what he has there and he says, "Why its Rashsid Rirnolorshet, Diedcharred the respectful Cremation, a Dwarf bone crossbow."

I just stared at him for a moment ... dwarf bone? Uhh . ok ... whatever floats your boat ...

26th of Sandstone - 1003 

I know its been a few months since my last entry, but i have been busy, so many emergencys its like noone can stay alive here .. im thinking maybe take the stongest of us and toss the rest into a pit ... no no that would be cruel but damn it would be so much simplier. A few more have died or were eaten, they have been caged and delt with but we are slowly going downwards ... as more go insane and try to kill those around them that causes others to feel bad and break and it just keeps going on ... i hope it stops soon. Another went insane and beat a baby ... thats two corpses now, is it wrong that i thnkof my fellows as walking corpses that havnt tried to kill us yet?

Cog also died of thirst today ... i think he was too depressed to even try to drink.

8th Timber - 1003 Late Autumn

A wereskink Beru Konlifatab Sereczega has arrived today, Its apparently crazed for blood and flesh, which it will find a lack of blood but lots of flesh wnating to eat it. It apparently has green glowing spring eyes with raw umber scales that are overlapping. Apparenly we will fear the night it screams, but ... does it really know what it is like in here? Id rather deal with the skink! Im sure it will be dead by our "guards" soon.

Standing on the wall and looking out, it seems to be cutting down the dead ... all without being harmed .. thast actually kind of impressive and scary. OOooo Stren Ewommel's corpse charged the skink, and slamming into it knocked it over, the skink looks hurt pretty badly! It seems to be limping around and looks kind of like its leg is broken.

OOoo it turned back into a human .. i think tis doomed now. No .. it seems he ran off, oh well.

26th of Timber - 1003 Late Autumn

The horror ... the fort ... everyones going insane .. undead are running rampant, falling into traps and killing us ... theres just too many .. we didnt have enough time ... but .. Edzul Zuntiresesh gave birth to a baby girl .. thats good news .. right? Now im going to go run around screaming and tearing off my clothes with undead chasing me and leading them into unsprung traps .. yes thats a good idea ... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 

The journal ends here ... it looks like a few pages have .. teeth marks? Upon them ... seems someone was hungry ...

--------------------------

Yea i couldnt get this fort to actually stay alive, dwarves started going crazy , dieing and then coming back and killing others and caused more crazy ... im just not good enough to stop a tantrum spiral with rising corpses ;P

This is the fort in a semi alive state, im not sure if anyone can salvage it but .... this is it.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7566

This is the fort as the horror it became if anyone wants to look at it.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7567

But yea, just cant keep it afloat i swear!

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2013, 10:19:58 am »

Thank you for your service to the fort, Destra. Too bad it didn't work out, but at least we now have an awesome crossbow called the Respectful Cremation and got rid of some probably useless dwarf without producing a zombie. In before turns out it was me and I didn't even realize I had become a crossbow.

Zombi, your turn has now officially started. You are now in charge. Good luck.

...although in charge of what, exactly? What happened here? If I have this right, Remuthra's flood trapped people in the depths. They then died of thirst and hunger, leading to many unhappy dwarves, and zombies loose in the fortress. Those then went on to kill many of the rest and everybody is so miserable they are going insane and becoming zombies fast. And no amount of fine floor hatches could prevent the spread of misery and insanity.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what we should do. Here's what the alternatives are: either we roll back to before Remuthra's turn and avoid the flood altogether, giving the fort a better fighting chance. Or, continue from Destra's save from before things really went downhill. Or just let nature take its course and enjoy the tantrum spiral in a reanimating biome. Maybe try to huddle some of the more sane dwarves in a makeshift bunker with some food and booze and try to ride this out.

Let's let Zombi decide which course we should take, since it's his turn after all. So, pick a save you want to continue from (either Chaosgear's, Remuthra's, or one of Destra's), and start from there and gods protect you. Everybody else, please share your opinions and advice.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2013, 03:49:11 pm »

God damnit.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2013, 04:58:25 pm »

God damnit.

Lol, what a wonderful post :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2013, 10:08:47 am »

God damnit.

Lol, what a wonderful post :P

Yep, I think this is about the correct response to becoming overseer at this point.
If no one can fix this, will we start up a second game?

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2013, 01:06:24 pm »

If there's interest, absolutely. We're not dead yet, though. Let's see how Zombi does it.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 15, 2013, 11:57:25 am »

Well I would be interested, and would love to see the same world used, I abanonded the fort and remade a new one, got 2 migrants in from ghoullights, and they both eventually fell to melencoly from so much death, and hey, their new fort was a glacier ... So ... Zombie hell or frozen wasteland ... You decide.

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 15, 2013, 01:04:12 pm »

Hey there. If that's acceptable, I'd like a turn in this, as I've just finished my turn in Murdermachines.

I'd also like a dwarf.
Name: Bonehead
Requirements: Any zombie dwarf. If needed, name a dwarf likely to get killed after me and get the dwarf killed in some way.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 15, 2013, 01:32:31 pm »

Destra, so happy to hear you're enjoying it. If you want to, you could post some stories of that alternate timeline here. That would be cool.

Chimpanzee, of course. Welcome aboard! Let's hope there's still a fort to rule over by then. It's possible to DFHack an already existing zombie to be named after you, or I could list you to be dwarfed as a melancholy dwarf as soon as we get one. I think we should have plenty of those if Destra's save is the one Zombi chooses to play. Or a military dwarf - those are bound to die sooner or later. Which would you prefer?

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2013, 01:58:02 pm »

I don't give a damn about how the dorf dies, just dorf me without the need of DFHack. I mean, a living dwarf that is very likely to die.
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36