Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 39528 times)

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights - Zombie Elephants, Cruor and Silk [Succession]
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2013, 02:25:44 pm »

Great to have you back.

A lignite cabinet? This is brilliant. You can set it on fire with magma, and we'll have an everburning, indestructible, transportable source of fire!

I wonder if you couldn't set it on fire and have some expendable dwarf or a minecart chuck it over the surface wall to burn the world and the zombies with it? Or maybe make them walk through a corridor where they have to go past the burning cabinet, then gun them down with crossbows so their corpses burn. So many ideas.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2013, 02:40:28 pm »

9th Felsite
All I can say is sigh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm still not letting you in here, no matter how many zombified dwarves, elephants, oysters, and mythical creatures you give me.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2013, 05:19:58 pm »

Ghoullights lives on!

Put that cabinet in front of the gate and light it on fire. Thieves will take care of themselves.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:57:38 am by chaosgear »
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2013, 05:36:43 pm »

I Like waking up and seeing this has new material.  But does it bother anyone else how weird that looks?
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2013, 05:38:10 pm »

Not really. Not enough to use Phoebus, anyway.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2013, 05:52:37 pm »

Mm, if you want to it's easy and possible to convert it to default ascii. You just need to replace the save's raws (in "raw" folder) with the ones from this: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6028
I tried it earlier and it works no problem.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2013, 12:50:10 am »

Mm, if you want to it's easy and possible to convert it to default ascii. You just need to replace the save's raws (in "raw" folder) with the ones from this: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6028
I tried it earlier and it works no problem.
THANK YOU.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2013, 03:31:54 am »

Also, come to think of it, Remuthra, you could disable the warm stone cancellations with
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=21892.msg1940265#msg1940265
I think. It's not 100% sure to work in the new version, but it was reported to work in 0.34.07 in that thread. (explained in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=21892.0)

Might make your life a little bit easier.

It's past midnight and I can't sleep. Every five minutes a miner has to holler "I've located warm stone again! Can't dig here!" so loudly it interrupts everything in the outpost. Dumed have mercy on us.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2013, 01:07:51 pm »

Dead again? If only this thread could be more like the zombies...
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2013, 02:22:15 pm »

Everywhere?
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2013, 02:47:32 pm »

Everywhere?
On your doorstep, trying its hardest to rip you to shreds with its tusks, hooves, claws and fingernails? Made up of your dead friends?

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2013, 05:14:51 pm »

Everywhere?
On your doorstep, trying its hardest to rip you to shreds with its tusks, hooves, claws and fingernails? Made up of your dead friends?
You forgot pearls and shells.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2013, 06:33:54 am »

Funny, funny. I guess it wouldn't be good if the thread tried to kill me  :P but I also hope it doesn't completely die before my turn.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2013, 11:46:32 am »

i agree cuzz I think I'm next :p

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2013, 12:45:51 pm »

It's not dying though, only sleeping. We'll see when we hear from Remuthra next, and after that, it's of course up to you Destra. Two weeks will have passed after four more days.

Remuthra, if you're not feeling like you can finish your turn in time, let us know.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36