Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168086 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16-Beta2, 5th March 2013)
« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2013, 02:44:45 pm »

No one expects the Njerpez inquisition!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 13, 2013, 04:26:46 pm »

I love that reference.

HERESY

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 13, 2013, 04:27:18 pm »

No one expects the Njerpez inquisition!

I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 13, 2013, 05:38:15 pm »

but its australia, 90% of stuff is trying to kill you

FIFY

Nah, pretty much anything that isnt poisonous and is badass enough to kill humans ate something that was poisonous and died years ago.  Apart from sharks.  And crocodiles.  And some kangaroos.  And possibly the dingos if you are short.  Hell, even the fucking platypuses are poisonous.

On a more unrealworldy note, my last char also got the back of his head torn out while building a hut, but by wolves.  The cheeky fuckers also seem to have been stealing my meat, has anyone else noticed this?  They also managed to kill my pig through a fence.
  New guy built a fence around his base area early and dropped some pit traps in it.  Havent seen anymore trollwolfs but apparently the deer are like the cockroaches of finland or something, I had to stop every few days while building my hut to clean the stupid things out of my traps.  I thought ringing the inside of the fence with loop traps would be a good use of my time as well, now im swimming in bird skins.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 13, 2013, 08:00:44 pm »

For those who have had some issues with trading, I've found some luck with shovels. Well, luck being trading 1 shovel for 1 dog. Currently experimenting with it. Paddles also seem to work fairly well.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #440 on: March 13, 2013, 08:29:35 pm »

Shovels? The wooden variety?

... What's the quality? >_> I knew I should have put more points into crafting T_T 12 javelins barely buy anything for me.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:16 pm »

One normal quality shovel got me one dog. Going to try paddles of various qualities, but no where near a decent trading village. Just need to gather up some more fish real fast then start marching SW. Will say that a few of them let me get a knife.

Edit: One inferior paddle got me a cord. One inf and one normal paddle got me a skin. Testing continues.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:47:21 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 14, 2013, 07:57:58 am »

Dogs come in small, normal and large flavors, I believe they may have different values and you cant see what you are getting till you actually buy them.

If you are looking for a trading standard id recommend wooden bowls or maybe fox traps
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 15, 2013, 09:07:58 am »

I should've received word that URW was free to download now...fully D:

Still, can't donate because no money.

Anyway...Is Agriculture a feasible way of getting food for the coming years? I find hunting more fun and profitable - but this may just be me speaking. Currently at Autumn of the first year with a whole cellar full of dried elk in the hundreds :P

And on trading...cords are easily gotten from bandages (1 cord from 1 bandage = 1/2 bandage. Still as good as 1 bandage) which are easily gotten from your overcoat.

Does anyone know what does heavily sweating do? I know that cold - bad. What about Hot/sweating? Faster dehydration?

Edit. While I'm in a curious mood:

> Do cellars prolong food from spoiling?
> How does one make a successful personal smokehouse? Meaning not NPC village related.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:10:21 am by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:50 am »

2x1 shed with furnace is enough.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #445 on: March 15, 2013, 09:17:52 am »

Paddles aren't expensive enough ;_;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 15, 2013, 10:27:17 am »

Had my first "real" death today. Stupid spontaneous njerpez. (along with my stupid decision to go attack the guy :P) It's amazing how unnoticeable the attachment towards your character is right up until you get that "you have died" message.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 15, 2013, 11:00:13 am »

Anyway...Is Agriculture a feasible way of getting food for the coming years? I find hunting more fun and profitable - but this may just be me speaking. Currently at Autumn of the first year with a whole cellar full of dried elk in the hundreds :P

Beans are very nutritious, one can live on three handfuls of beans a day.  But agriculture doesn't give you hides, which are awesome.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 15, 2013, 11:09:20 am »

Cellars make food last...2 or 3 times as long? Certainly well worth the investment of time and resources building one as early as possible.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 15, 2013, 01:26:57 pm »

Cellars make food last...2 or 3 times as long? Certainly well worth the investment of time and resources building one as early as possible.

Unless you enjoy Winter starts, like me.  Then you can wait three months.   :P
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 76