Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168084 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16-Beta2, 5th March 2013)
« Reply #345 on: March 08, 2013, 08:19:13 am »

You have a seperate smoking shed? I have everything in one 2x2 house, I litterally sleep under 300-ish currently being smoked meat pieces.

I also noticed that I setteld in the only area without wildlife for miles, I always find something when i move out - then again, I may scare them away as It reeks like dead and Human? Waiting for winter to confirm any travel routs for wildlife in the area, then work throu my planned things:

-Traps around the House, incase of Raiders and curious Aninmals
-Trap Fence
-Double house Size, build a new cellar to track what food was smoked when.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 08, 2013, 08:37:39 am »

You have a seperate smoking shed? I have everything in one 2x2 house, I litterally sleep under 300-ish currently being smoked meat pieces.

I like living large :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 08, 2013, 10:49:56 am »

Also, despite the game not penalizing it, I have doubts about the health benefits of sleeping in a smoke filled room.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 08, 2013, 01:01:32 pm »

I sleep in a sauna with my spoils of theivery (wooden tub and sauna scoop), but I don't actually notice any health benefits to my injuries, but still it's nice to stay clean.

I finally found out how scary wolves are, before I usually shot a couple and the rest ran off easily but this time 3 of them attacked me, 2 ended up running away with light injuries but 1 I managed to cripple but it also crippled me so I let loose my dog and they both ran off screen, few minutes later trying to track them down I see my dog corpse next to a wolf corpse :( luckily I am able to skin them without the other wolves harassing me, I will always think of my poor dog as I thresh with my dog grainflail and wearing my dog belt.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 08, 2013, 01:07:01 pm »

*4 hours into the final stages of tanning a hide*
Task aborted! You feel suspicious like someone is watching you!
*I turn around*
"...THERE'S NOTHING THERE!"

I've said it before, but damn I cannot wait for that particular "feature" to be fixed. The hide I spent the past four hours beating should not magically become un-beaten just because my character got paranoid. Same for any other time-consuming task.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 08, 2013, 01:22:39 pm »

*I turn around*

I've said it before, but damn I cannot wait for that particular "feature" to be fixed. The hide I spent the past four hours beating should not magically become un-beaten just because my character got paranoid. Same for any other time-consuming task.

I like to think you flailed about and undid all your work. No, actually that doesn't work out at all unless you're knitting.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 08, 2013, 01:23:16 pm »

Oh gods don't even tell me. I hated that when I was building a house. 7 hours into making a wall and BAM. Paranoia and aborted task.

>:I
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 08, 2013, 05:20:12 pm »

*I turn around*

"Ability to continue crafting after cancelling the process; thus making the selection of your working hours and periods completely free" is a "future goal."

"Ability to continue building after cancelling the process; thus making the selection of your working hours and periods completely free" has the status of "bigger task in process / partially featured."

(http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw_development.html)

Does anyone know what causes the paranoia? I know that every time I received the message and looked around the map tile, I found nothing. Is it part of the spirits / otherworld aspect of the game?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 08, 2013, 05:30:51 pm »

Normally spirits.

I don't think it's animals unless they come really close as a pine-marten decided he wanted to live at my Shelter and was always scurrying about while I was building my house.

Greeting Supernatural Guardian, General Sacrifice should help

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 08, 2013, 07:40:22 pm »

Know what else this game needs? Some ability to tame wild animals to a certain extent. Not quite domestication, but wouldn't it be cool to have a pet ferret or something that you shared food with until it decided to stick with you?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 08, 2013, 08:43:45 pm »

I'd just like my dog not to disappear whenever I unleash it, I think it wants to test my tracking skills. It would be nice if animals had some trust value so dogs will eventually follow you and maybe eventually accept commands like chase that damned reindeer I shot, no don't run into the forest you dumb dog!

Dogs are good vs njerps, wolves and bears but useless for everything else. Ah well, at least those spoiled njerp cuts aren't going to complete waste.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 08, 2013, 08:54:12 pm »

I had one, but re-constructed it into a barn of sorts for winter drying instead (since drying requires it to be next to walls). I know I could pile all the meat stacks on 1 tile, but I think it looks better this way. xP

I'm going to line the entrance with pit traps, but for now it's easy pickings. I might create an enclosed area for smoking again once the warmer climates roll around.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 08, 2013, 09:25:46 pm »

I'm just jealous of your masterwork longbow. I only saw one once on a foreign trader and I didn't have any furs to trade and not well equipped enough for a fight, never managed to find it again :(

With a masterwork longbow and superior arrows I should be able to reliably get headshots at long range.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 08, 2013, 10:40:13 pm »

I wouldn't get too excited. I'm 72% in Bows, but I'm lucky to hit anything from 5+ squares away, let alone get headshots. Maybe it's because I have the physique of an Amazonian warrior? I have excellent Dexterity and Agility though.

*Shrug* I've just never had luck with bows, so having a Masterwork one hasn't made much difference. I slit a trader's throat for it.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 08, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »

Here is my current homestead. I'm pretty happy with it, but there is still more work to do. Once April comes around I can start farming again, and at some point I need to get some livestock to put in that pen. It has a runner around it so my dog can chase off critters that come calling.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 76