Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168072 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2013, 07:48:55 am »

And DF graphics? Minecraft graphics? What about them? LCS' would be even shitter at that point - if it had graphics in first place.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2013, 08:22:14 am »

The graphics are just... dunno what to say.

Burn the non-fanatic.

Buuuuuuurn v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2013, 08:39:29 am »

the graphics did turn me off at first too. they have a very... unique charm to them that requires some getting used to.
and i still believe ascii graphics look better than the terrible pixel art in the game, but i warmed up a bit to the real life pictures of nerds being nerdy in the woods and wouldn't have it any other way now...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2013, 08:48:39 am »

The graphics are surprisingly good after you adjust. Very readable, and still looking roughly like what they're supposed to represent.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2013, 09:14:16 am »

It does take a reasonable leap of faith to understand that the man with the stick walking through the woods in the top right is representative of your female character ... but yeah, I have no issues personally with the graphics. They do a job, and they do it well.

Making the link from the 'donate - thanks' video, I have also realised that a reasonable number of those images are Sami himself.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2013, 11:54:36 am »

Man...winters are boring. I've been making crafts and prepping for spring. But, there just isn't that much to do most of the time. About the only exciting thing that happens is the occasional animal that wanders into my trap fence.

Maybe I should take the dog out on hunting expeditions. It's about time the little glutton did something to earn all that food he eats.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2013, 11:55:34 am »

I spend most of my winters chopping wood. Or getting stuff ready for expanding my cabin.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2013, 11:59:23 am »

I spend most of my winters chopping wood. Or getting stuff ready for expanding my cabin.

Yeah. So far I've finished my larger cabin, so by small smoke-house can be dedicated for that. I've also got my new pasture and farmlands fenced in.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I guess I could start working on expanding my cabin even more, but it's already plenty big enough. So mostly I chop logs into blocks and make wooden bowls and javelins for trade.

On that thought, anyone know why Carpentry is so hard to train? I have average ability to learn it, but even after making countless wooden items I've only gained maybe a point or two in that skill.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2013, 12:01:42 pm »

Maybe start prepping stuff to build another cabin? You could be all extravagant and have a summer cabin and a winter cabin.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2013, 12:47:50 pm »

Cure skins in summer, tan them in the winter.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2013, 02:52:56 pm »

i just lost a 90lb of bear meat due to not having a smoke room.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2013, 03:27:43 pm »

i just lost a 90lb of bear meat due to not having a smoke room.

I don't even want to think about how much meat I've had that spoiled before I could use it.

It does make getting some hired food help a bit easier, though. They take spoiled food just fine, so I've got a pile of it off to the side sitting there and being all gross and stuff.

Incidentally, do villages ever repopulate? Or will I eventually have to go a bit farther to find people if I play long enough and don't get bored of my current lifestyle (as I will probably eventually have to cave and learn how to make trap-fences)? (Not that I'll have to worry about it for a while, I've apparently found some sort of metropolis with like ten cities right next to each other basically)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:30:18 pm by Alexei403 »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2013, 03:30:28 pm »

I tested if those sauna found in village could be used to smoke food without someone coming in and fetching the whole thing.
After coming back to that sauna after 16 days as instructed i was surprised to find my meat cuts fully smoked and ... not stolen.

May be very lucky, or is it indeed a good place to get your food smoked if you do not have a personnal sauna in your own camp ?

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »

I just knifed a bear to death after he killed my dog, ended up badly wounded from a fight with a tribesman who showed up afterwards, and had a duel to the death with a badger as we both bled out. This game is magnificent.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2013, 03:51:12 pm »

I tested if those sauna found in village could be used to smoke food without someone coming in and fetching the whole thing.
After coming back to that sauna after 16 days as instructed i was surprised to find my meat cuts fully smoked and ... not stolen.

May be very lucky, or is it indeed a good place to get your food smoked if you do not have a personnal sauna in your own camp ?

Yeah, you can safely smoke meats in a village without any issues. Personally, I always give one of them a few cuts of meat afterwords as a 'payment' for the space. Not required by the game at all (I don't think they even notice the objects) but it feels better to me.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 76