Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168090 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2013, 01:27:58 am »

I fell in my own spike pit while constructing a trap fence on my first character to break free from survival fishing. Then I climbed out and took off my trousers to tear them into bandages. What followed was a few minutes of a bleeding and unpantsed character engaged in bandage fabrication later found unnecessary as stopping bleeding does not require bandages. The character then bled to death because he had removed his pants instead of making any effort at staunching his bleeding; reclined atop a comfortable pile of roughly 100 wooden spikes ironically accumulated at great effort for fence making. All in all, my favorite in the ancestors screen and truly a fine example of what not to do when bleeding to death for later generations.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2013, 01:34:13 am »

I always step into my own traps when I construct them, at one point or another >.> Try to keep some milkweed leaves around, it's good for stopping a bleeding. A ritual is a good way to stop that, too.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2013, 02:22:02 am »

I'm not sure what to think of this game.

After a few super newbie deaths, my first real character built half a cabin then got his leg bit off by a wolf and died. That was really disappointing. He did kill an elk by trapping it in a U-shaped pond and beating it to death with an axe, though. That was cool.

My next character built a raft and sailed around a lake eating all the fish until she lost the raft. Then she turned her pants into a new one. Hopefully this one doesn't go missing, because she doesn't have enough pants left for a third.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:49:29 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2013, 03:20:16 am »

I fell in my own spike pit while constructing a trap fence on my first character to break free from survival fishing. Then I climbed out and took off my trousers to tear them into bandages. What followed was a few minutes of a bleeding and unpantsed character engaged in bandage fabrication later found unnecessary as stopping bleeding does not require bandages. The character then bled to death because he had removed his pants instead of making any effort at staunching his bleeding; reclined atop a comfortable pile of roughly 100 wooden spikes ironically accumulated at great effort for fence making. All in all, my favorite in the ancestors screen and truly a fine example of what not to do when bleeding to death for later generations.

Thats damn unlucky, ive managed to step in a spike trap, step off, reset it and step right back into it again and still walk away
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2013, 04:02:46 am »

My latest character was doing ok but then I realized starting on an island was not my best moment, I needed to trade stuff but had no cords or ropes to make a raft. So I tried to find animals on this small peace of land but I didnt. I thought about using my clothes at some point but my character was too shy to walk around naked, so I practiced swimming for a few weeks and tried to cross the river. Sadly I did not survive. RIP shy fisherman you'll be remembered for your courage

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2013, 05:37:13 am »

You can take off your clothes and tear them into cords. I tore my undershirt a bit and got 2 cords - I think undershirt lasts for 6~8 cords?

Jugda, my 3rd attempt at fisher-timber girl, is doing wonderfuly. Plenty of fish, roasted and put into cellar, not to mention abundance of blackberries, black currant, bear pipe, heather and milkweed.

It's 2nd September (started in June) and I still have to finish the 'drying/smoking shed' project. My character either needs much more food in autumn or maybe I'm just too slow with everything lately :P
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:41:11 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2013, 10:41:28 am »

And that's why I only build pit traps with no spikes, I did fall into my own pit twice but only sustained minor injuries. Of course I am yet to catch anything with it yet.

I decided to hunt down some foreign traders after they decided they didn't want to trade the nice things they were wearing instead of the useless things they were carrying but one managed to escape and he is wielding a crossbow so I have to hope he doesn't haunt me later. Ran into some random njerpez warriors and killed them but one of them managed to avoid all my arrows and get close and did a fair bit of damage before I poked him to death but it's late autumn and I used most of my herb supplies so I have to hope my wounds all heal nicely.

I wish after you kill like 50 people your character doesn't care about skinning humans, I would like to go hunting with my njerpez ski's this winter.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2013, 10:54:35 am »

When did it go f2p, I've been wanting to get this for a while. 

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2013, 11:24:28 am »

Motherfcuking...

After a long trip to several villages I go back to my settlement. Imagine my surprise when, few map tiles away from my cozy house, I step onto 'njerpezit camp'!

'Njerpezit warrior wields a bow!' x4
'Hit in leg!' x4
'Hit in abdomen!' x8

Few turns later I was dead. Goddamit, it was such nice character :c
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »

Fisher-Timber girl is always doomed to failure

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2013, 12:19:03 pm »

Seems like it.

So I will start with some other scenario :P
SigFlags!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2013, 01:16:41 pm »

And that's why I only build pit traps with no spikes, I did fall into my own pit twice but only sustained minor injuries. Of course I am yet to catch anything with it yet.

[...]

I wish after you kill like 50 people your character doesn't care about skinning humans, I would like to go hunting with my njerpez ski's this winter.
I used to build pit traps without spikes, but the time I saw a reinder getting out of one in front of me, I permanently switched to stakes. Even with spikes, I had a bear which fell into the trap and then went away.
And for skinning, it's just that our skin is too thin. Not that he cares about.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2013, 01:31:14 pm »

This time my wanderer-gatherer girl started at a camp with fine broadsword and assorted trash.

Then I managed to sneak-stab a sleeping reindeer and roast all the meat.

Then I got to Drikki village and holymotherfuck shops with masterwork items everywhere!. I mean, geezus, 3 masterwork battleaxes in one building?. Obviously I went on a shopping binge; so far I managed to trade away the 146 roasted meat, crossbow&arrows and fine woolen overcoat for:

-Beautiful cooking pot
-Masterwork carving axe
-Masterwork knife
-Perfect fishing rod
-Perfect fishing net
-Perfect shovel

Time to find a handaxe and then I can make my own settlement. This is so far best start I had :D

EDIT: Ultimately traded away my broadsword + 10 or so bowls for fine handaxe.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:03:03 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2013, 01:58:42 pm »

Anyone recommend a good  starting scenario? Meaning, the "best" "easiest" one? My main character is a fisher guy. I personally like that start. But, my friend has never played rogue-likes (but he loves survival games, and really wants to get into this)...I've helped guide him a bit. But, I think he would do better and like the game more if he started with some easy starting scenario. He is the kinda guy that wants a really easy first character (well, "first" meaning he learned the game a bit and wants his first real character, not a "tutorial" one). But, after he plays through with a easy beginning, he goes for the harder stuff.

So with that..anyone recommend a good start for him? It doesn't really have to be easiest (I'll give him the choice if that is what he wants), but maybe just some easier ones? He did try the fisher one, but he kinda had a hard time with that one and he doesn't like active fishing (nets are fine).
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2013, 04:12:21 pm »

Fishing one is the easiest start.

If you start as a kouvikillian (sp?) you get the fishing ritual as well which means just having 2 nets will give you enough fish forever while you slowly build your house or w/e. Active fishing is almost purely for wasting time. Spend some skill points on carpentry and just make wooden bowls to trade for at villages and should be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 76